TV Box

Logan007

Hey, have any of you used those TV box's?  They're those Android TV box's that run Kodi, Netflix, play games, etc...  I know we talked about Kodi in other threads but I'm just wondering if any of you have used one of these box's and if they're worth it.  I get mixed reviews online between people loving them and people saying they break down after a while (although those people are a lot less).  They're usually under $100.

The most assured way of watching movies is to get Netflix. Having said that I've tried out the Google Nexus Player version with Kodi on it. Movies are definitely more miss then hit. Some things work better then others.

To watch NHL Ticket on Kodi you have to watch it on a Java enabled box like a Win PC. Great quality.

I have the box, but the laptop is hooked to the tv via hdmi and I have xbmc on it as well. The box is nice in freeing up your computer so u can multi task, and having a remote is nice so u dont have to keep getting up and changing things on the computer per movie/tv show.  Id say perormance is pretty close between box and comp, tho it feels like the box buffers a little faster

I have Netflix Frosty.  I just want an all in one box so I don't have to use crappy Wii and things like that to watch everything on.

Which box do you have Taynted?

The only thing I've read/watched about the TV box's, is that you should have a wired connection to it because wifi doesn't work so well as far as good quality movie watching.  And I don't want to have to dig my way through the house to run cables.

I'm on my 2nd box and have had zero complaints with either.  Started with a G-Box MX2 (the one Taynted has), and upgraded to a G-Box Q a few months ago.

It has other apps but I use it strictly for Kodi.  I've used both boxes wirelessly and haven't had an issue but obviously a wired connection is always going to be better.  If running cables is an issue for you, you may want to look into a powerline adapter.

I've been using a Roku (1 i think?) for a couple months.  Seems to work great for me. It's quicker and easier to navigate than the painfully laggy apps you get with the smart blu-ray player I have.  Picture quality seems good to me too.

It's connected by wifi, and doesn't even have a way to put put a cord in it, but haven't had any problems on Netflix. Use it for NHL Gamecentre too, and it will buffer sometimes when you turn a game on at the beginning, but then is fine.