Star Wars: Spoiler Thread Discussion

Logan007

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

No...just no.

I'm so sure that's wrong that I will bet you $1,000,000 that Phasma and Luke are not husband and wife.

i never said that Phasma and Luke were husband and wife, what i said was Rey could be the daughter of Luke and Phasma (who could end up being Jade or a variation of Jade). Story line wise it would make a lot of sense, unless of course your only focus is that Christie is significantly taller than Hamill, and all I can say to that is...................... good for you. Could you provide proof that you have $1,000,000 in cash ?

BTW, I never stated that this was indeed what would occur, just what I could see happening, my opinion you know, like how your viewpoint is an opinion due to the highly unlikely situation that your either J.J. Abrams or one of the other writers and producers, let alone a potential Disney Executive, who are pretty much the only people who know for sure.

Edited by Project_Legacy

As far as whose kid is who, ren is hans (snoke says it out right) And have to believe rey is lukes - when she touches his lightsaber the yellow thing says it belonged to luke and his father and now calls to you, seems like its odds on fav.  .that makes rey n ren cousins, not brother n sis like ive seen mentioned a bit in this thread

58 minutes ago, Project_Legacy said:

i never said that Phasma and Luke were husband and wife, what i said was Rey could be the daughter of Luke and Phasma (who could end up being Jade or a variation of Jade). Story line wise it would make a lot of sense, unless of course your only focus is that Christie is significantly taller than Hamill, and all I can say to that is...................... good for you. Could you provide proof that you have $1,000,000 in cash ?

BTW, I never stated that this was indeed what would occur, just what I could see happening, my opinion you know, like how your viewpoint is an opinion due to the highly unlikely situation that your either J.J. Abrams or one of the other writers and producers, let alone a potential Disney Executive, who are pretty much the only people who know for sure.

You're putting words in my mouth man.  I never said that you said "this is what was going to indeed occur".  My comments were more based on, "your theory sounds so ludicrous that I must make fun of you".  And yes, you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to my opinion of your opinion.

And ok, not married but they still had sex in order to make Rey.  And hey, Luke may have a thing for tall chicks.

I'm thinking of this more logically.  A 6'7" woman and a 5'9" man (I thought he was 5'7" but I checked IMDB) having a 5'7" daughter?  That's one tall  mom to have one short daughter, not that it's impossible.  But people just wouldn't believe it if it was revealed that a giant Captain Phasma had a short daughter.  Not to mention, 2 blond haired people having a dark haired offspring.  Not that they couldn't dye her hair.

It's just reaching a little too far that's all.

He was just an Elite trained Stormtrooper.  Supposed to be like Finn, hence why he knew how to use a lightsaber.  A lot of people said that battle would have been better if it had been Captain Phasma.  But I think they were trying to let people subtly know "hey, this is why Finn knows how to use a lightsaber...look...SEE!".  And yet people still didn't get it.

3 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

He was just an Elite trained Stormtrooper.  Supposed to be like Finn, hence why he knew how to use a lightsaber.  A lot of people said that battle would have been better if it had been Captain Phasma.  But I think they were trying to let people subtly know "hey, this is why Finn knows how to use a lightsaber...look...SEE!".  And yet people still didn't get it.

I had this huge debate with someone on another forum about how Finn shouldnt know how to use a lightsaber and it turned into whole big thing that ended up criticizing that particular Stormtrooper too and why they have that weapon.  Talk about nitpicking.  The only thing Finn was shown was he wasnt able to use a lightsaber with any sort of ability.  He picked it up, he turned it on, he flailed it about and got his ass handed to him by a Stormtrooper and Kylo.

I liked that the Stormtroopers seemed a bit better than faceless fodder in this movie, actually.  And I agree, that scene was to establish that Troopers have training in the use of Saber-like "riot sticks" so Finn being able to at least hold a saber wasnt unrealistic.  And I think the entire plot point of Maz giving the Saber to Finn, him fighting the trooper etc was to set him up as the red herring to distract from Rey being the "Luke" of this trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...

in regards to the C3PO pic, i know Ive always thought about the droids C3PO and R2D2 while watching the movies, and their partnership with Anakin, then eventually Leia then Luke, and still kickin around in episode 7. nothings ever really mentioned about their adventures in this saga, even old ben Kenobi doesnt really recognize them in a new hope, but since they have AI, is it possible they have some "light" in them. By that i mean they are clearly constantly fighting on the good side, and never stray. Meanwhile there are bad droids out there.

I guess it could be in their programing to assist certain people/factions, but they were constantly huge roles (more so R2D2) in helping save the day, above and beyond regular procall droids and maintenance bots, was there ever any backstory on that?

I think the droids are basically an "in" joke to a degree. Although R2D2 didn't have his memory wiped so he has complete saga knowledge which is sort of a neat idea.  

3PO just sort of bumbles his way through the saga. I'm sure there's a Monty Python example

when Kenobi meets Luke on ANH he doesn't outnright deny owning R2. He sort of gives a bemused smirk and says I don't recall owning a droid. Ofcourse he didn't own him. Anakin did but he was always around and Ben knew him.  One of the few things that end up making sense after the prequels. 

Another could be the weird moment before Ben gives Luke his dad's saber. 3po asks to shut down. Never did it before or since. i assume it was so Ben and Luke could have a serious discussion without the droid commenting.  and ofcourse his memory was wiped anyway. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

I was just having a little convo with an old buddy i grew up with where i found this article, we agreed to alot of the similiarities to the christian/catholic/buddhism parallels, and in sticking with that, we figure shes not the reincarnation, but anakin was more like an anti christ if you will pushed by Qui-Gon to be trained, then upon his death left to an emotionally inferior Obi wan to be trained, (remember spirit Obi Wan even admits to being impatient and reckless to yoda on Dagobah) and she's the savior. 

apparently there's stories or maybe its just fan fic that a dark lord manipulated midichlorian with a high count to cause Shmi's virgin pregnancy strictly for this anti christ birth to happen.  Yoda seemed to know right away anakin was bad news.  I hope they shed more light on who Rey's family was she was kinda half heartedly waiting on while on Jakku, but I have a feeling Episode 8 will be more heavily fixated on Kylo Ren and Snoke

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

apparently there's stories or maybe its just fan fic that a dark lord manipulated midichlorian with a high count to cause Shmi's virgin pregnancy strictly for this anti christ birth to happen.  Yoda seemed to know right away anakin was bad news.  I hope they shed more light on who Rey's family was she was kinda half heartedly waiting on while on Jakku, but I have a feeling Episode 8 will be more heavily fixated on Kylo Ren and Snoke

Anakin's virgin birth is basically spelled out for us in EP3.  When Palpatine turns to Anakin and says "Darth Plagueis was a dark lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create... life" and then stares right at him.  They made it intentionally obvious to tell everyone that Anakin was "created" by Plagueis by him using the force to impregnate Shmi.

Now, there's even another story in some EU book out there that says the following (although it's no longer canon so...take it for what it's worth, but it makes sense):

In addition, although Darth Plagueis did attempt to influence the midichlorians to create the ultimate Sith weapon alongside Darth Sidious, the experiment was ultimately a failure, and the midichlorians, sensing the Sith's inherent malevolent intention, not only refused to do so, but in retaliation, conceived Anakin Skywalker in order to destroy the Sith once and for all.

Edited by Logan007

26 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Anakin's virgin birth is basically spelled out for us in EP3.  When Palpatine turns to Anakin and says "Darth Plagueis was a dark lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create... life" and then stares right at him.  They made it intentionally obvious to tell everyone that Anakin was "created" by Plagueis by him using the force to impregnate Shmi.

Now, there's even another story in some EU book out there that says the following (although it's no longer canon so...take it for what it's worth, but it makes sense):

In addition, although Darth Plagueis did attempt to influence the midichlorians to create the ultimate Sith weapon alongside Darth Sidious, the experiment was ultimately a failure, and the midichlorians, sensing the Sith's inherent malevolent intention, not only refused to do so, but in retaliation, conceived Anakin Skywalker in order to destroy the Sith once and for all.

Unfortunately this is another example of Lucas' poor writing (and his willingness to let the EU do whatever they wanted).  I didnt interpret that scene the way you did.  I took it as Palpatine conceived Anakin using the Dark Force.  His story about Plagueis was a bit of a red herring and Im not even sure if Lucas intended it to be truthful.  If we take it at face value, Palpatine meant that Plagueis learned how to control life using the Force and taught it to him (Palpatine).  We could make the leap that once he had that knowledge, that is what prompted Palpatine to kill Plagueis (which was a weak idea...killed in his sleep).

The midichlorian thing is just bad on many levels.  Its too much of a reach to say they refused to create a dark lord so created Anakin instead...who then does exactly what Palpatine intended him to do.  The whole "Balance of the Force" and prophecy thing really bogged down the original story.  In a way it changed the story from a son redeeming the father to the idea that it was all destined to unfold that way.  And the idea that all this killing and slaughtering happened was the will of the force to restore balance...just seems goofy to me.

It's a simpler story if Palpatine does what he intended, influences the force to conceive Anakin but the fact Anakin becomes a powerful Jedi isnt "pre-destined", its manipulated by Palpatine.  So at any point, Anakin could have been stopped/saved but it was the arrogance of the Jedi that let Palpatine influence events the way he wanted.  In fact, it really comes down to a failure on the part of Obi Wan.  It was weird when Yoda and Mace were both concerned about Anakin, flat out saying he is too dangerous.  Then why the **** train him?  Especially by your most recent "graduate"?

The whole virgin birth thing is a bit tough to swallow too.  Anakin never seems to show where his anger and hatred came from.  It seemed to always be there.  Well his mom wasnt shown to be bitter at all.  Sure, perhaps Anakin was bitter about his lot in life but they never really showed that in the film.  I suppose the anger could come from the influence of the dark side inherent in his genetic make up. Which isnt a terrible concept.  Because Anakin and Luke had a lot in common.  And there was similarities with Kylo too.  So where does this anger and passion inherent in the Skywalker family (the men anyways) come from?  Are they vessels for the "balance", ie. both sides of the Force?  Assuming we have to accept that premise of "Balance", that idea of the Darkl & Light existing in the Skywalker's in a way it doesnt in anyone else is more interesting then anything actually shows in the prequels.

I never at any time thought it was Palpatine that created Anakin.  Palpatine "says" he was taught how to manipulate the force like Plagueis, but to me, this was a lie he told Anakin to bring him over to the dark side.  He kept saying he knew how, but then, he never did anything to help him.  He constantly lied to Anakin telling him he could manipulate the force like his master, telling him he could teach Anakin how to do it, telling him he killed Padme, etc...  From what I got, Plagueis knew, but never taught him, so he killed Plagueis thinking he could figure it out, but never did.

...why are we discussing the friggen prequels?!?!  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

10 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I never at any time thought it was Palpatine that created Anakin.  Palpatine "says" he was taught how to manipulate the force like Plagueis, but to me, this was a lie he told Anakin to bring him over to the dark side.  He kept saying he knew how, but then, he never did anything to help him.  He constantly lied to Anakin telling him he could manipulate the force like his master, telling him he could teach Anakin how to do it, telling him he killed Padme, etc...  From what I got, Plagueis knew, but never taught him, so he killed Plagueis thinking he could figure it out, but never did.

...why are we discussing the friggen prequels?!?!  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I think he lied about learning to prevent death.  That was one of Lucas' simplistic ideas to show "evil".  Anakin turned to save Padme and the moment he did, he declared his loyalty to Palpatine and said "Ill do whatever you ask.  Just save her" (or something like that), to which Palpatine replied "Im sure if we combine our knowledge we will learn how to save her" (or something like that).

But the implication, to me, was that Palpatine learned to manipulate the force to creative Anakin but never bothered to learn how to prevent death.  On the other hand, if the story is true that Plageuis DID learn both of these powers and Palpatine learned one, it stands to reason he likely learned the other too.  So its possible he did know how to "prevent" death but lied to Anakin.  One interesting thing is how similar the Sith and Jedi were portrayed.  They both needed Anakin to lose Padme.  Palpatine needed her to die so even if he could save her, he never would have.

In fact, the goofy death of Padme might be more than it seems.  She was perfectly fine but "lost the will to live".  Which didnt make sense especially as she implored Obi Wan that there was good in Anakin.  If she had given up hope of Anakin's redemption, then sure, die.  But if she really believed he was good, why would she "lose the will to live"?  It made little sense.  If she had given up all hope, it would further have made Luke's redemption of Anakin all the more emotional.

As an aside, regarding the Padme death scene, wasnt it odd how they introduced the twins?  If I recall Luke was born first and she touched his cheek.  Leia was then born and she didnt touch her at all.  I always figured they'd reverse that and use that to explain why Leia could remember her mother.  Perhaps they thought the touch was Padme giving Luke the touch of Force or something...I dont know.  Weird.

Im hoping they delve more into the Prequels next Episode and help make them make more sense.