Star Wars: Spoiler Thread Discussion

Logan007

Here's a couple of things I see issues with, with the spoilers TUP posted from Reddit.  It could be interesting, but there are a few factors that would have to be explained for that to happen.  Anyway, some of the issues:

1. Benicio Del Toro is supposed to be a villain.  I guess him being against Leia could garner that title, but when I hear villain I think he means one of the First Order.  Someone who's probably in charge right below Snoke.  Like an Admiral or something.  I would say Sith, but I believe the Sith are now gone.  These new dark side wielders are not going to be Sith I think.

2. There is a rumor that Leia is going to be injured for the most part of the movie to get her bad acting out of the limelight, hence why Laura Dern has joined the cast.

That's all I have for now.

I can see them going in that direction as I've heard many times that Rian Johnson's script is good but his stuff is usually weird in some way.  As long as it's a good story and it's done right, I'm on board.

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Honestly, I think they will stay far away from clones.  Because how much the prequels sucked.  And also because a clone of someone feels inherently weak and lame.  In the same way many people dont like the new Kirk & Spock because they arent the "real" Kirk & Spock.

The spoiler almost seems to fanboyish but it would be in keeping with the director's style and rumors we've heard of "secret" cameos. 

In Rogue One, if they have Palps bowing to whomever (Snoke) with implications to the sequel trilogy, Ill be impressed.  Because its a way to do these "Star Wars Story" films while also adding to the saga.

I also don't think they're going to go the clone route.

See, here's the thing with clones.  Once you start cloning one bad guy or good guy, when does it stop?  You'll never expand the universe if you keep bringing back old characters.  If she turns out to be a cloned Vader...then it's like they can't think up anything new.  The reincarnation thing at first, sounds similar to the cloning, until you explain that she's not necessarily Anakin, but a reincarnation of a being that's been reincarnated throughout the ages.  It changes the story a little.  But then you could say, "when is the galaxy going to be in jeopardy and NOT need the chosen one?"  I mean, is the chosen one going to pop up every time they need to bring balance to the force?  They just brought balance to the force, now they have to bring balance again so soon?

So, I could go for the reincarnation, but then it does feel like some superbeing needs to save the day every time the galaxy is in trouble.

I dunno.  The more I think about it, I like it but I don't like it....

27 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Here's a couple of things I see issues with, with the spoilers TUP posted from Reddit.  It could be interesting, but there are a few factors that would have to be explained for that to happen.  Anyway, some of the issues:

1. Benicio Del Toro is supposed to be a villain.  I guess him being against Leia could garner that title, but when I hear villain I think he means one of the First Order.  Someone who's probably in charge right below Snoke.  Like an Admiral or something.  I would say Sith, but I believe the Sith are now gone.  These new dark side wielders are not going to be Sith I think.

2. There is a rumor that Leia is going to be injured for the most part of the movie to get her bad acting out of the limelight, hence why Laura Dern has joined the cast.

That's all I have for now.

I can see them going in that direction as I've heard many times that Rian Johnson's script is good but his stuff is usually weird in some way.  As long as it's a good story and it's done right, I'm on board.

The Benicio role is intriguing to me because if he is First Order, we already have Snoke, Hux, Kylo...now Benicio?  I assumed Laura Dern would play a senator or Republic leader so that is certainly possible but perhaps she is playing the Republic leader's assistant in my posted spoilers.

I'd like it if Luke and Leia were revealed to be abominations and infact the offsetting balance.  Anakin and every other "chosen one" were demi gods but were not supposed to reproduce (and anakin did so), then in the case of Kylo, continued on.  it would get a thumbs up from me if Luke has to train Rey despite knowing,  him, leia and kylo all need to be killed by her 

the chosen one would be like highlander, there can one be one, and they are a balance of good in evil within them, but they need to stand alone for that balance to be perfect

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

In the fun battle of Reddit speculation/rumors/BS comes a new set of "leaks" that do fit closer to other information that has been out there:

Spoiler

Luke is hesitant to train Rey and consults with Force ghosts of Obi Wan, Yoda and Anakin

Kylo and the First Order strike the Republic at a memorial and kill everyone but Leia who is injured and in a coma (I had read this previously as a way for her to still be critical to the film but reduce her actual acting scenes)

Poe Cameron takes charge and the survivors retreat to their base which is a ship

Laura Dern's character assumes leadership of the Resistance but her decisions are controversial

Luke senses what happened to Liea and finally agrees to leave with Rey

In order to find the Resistance, they must find Finn who knows its location

They arrive at an Underworld planet and rescue Finn from Phasma

Kylo senses his mother in a coma and it causes him turmoil and he begins questioning his actions.  Leia is able to communicate with him while in a coma

Smoke believes Kylo won't be able to kill Leia and hires The Hunter, a merciless mercenary played by Benicia Del Toro to hunt the Resistance

Rey battles Kylo again and nearly defeats him until Kylo distracts her with a reveal that "Luke is your father".  Luke hd previously lied to Rey claiming he was not her father.  Kylo slices off Rey's arm

It's funny how many people act like these stories are the truth.

I can't wait to see it, whatever it is.  Why is it so far away....WHY TUP WHY!?!?!?!

And here's Mark Hamill on Instagram and what not, teasing people with all these images.  He's so mean...he's like the dark side Luke Skywalker in real life teasing us with images that we don't get to see for over a year and a half.

7 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

It's funny how many people act like these stories are the truth.

I can't wait to see it, whatever it is.  Why is it so far away....WHY TUP WHY!?!?!?!

And here's Mark Hamill on Instagram and what not, teasing people with all these images.  He's so mean...he's like the dark side Luke Skywalker in real life teasing us with images that we don't get to see for over a year and a half.

Im a spoiler junkie so I love the speculation.  And generally there *can* be some kernel of truth within the nonsense.  Disney did a great job on TFA in providing enough information to keep people hyped up and satisfied but keeping much of the details under wraps.  With a longer production time this time around though, it might be harder.  

If they had kept their original premiere date we'd be virtually a year away.  December 2017 seems so far from now!  Thank goodness we have Rogue One coming and I HOPE it has some bearing on the saga at large.

But I am really looking forward to Luke Skywalker in action.  I really want to see a scene showing his power.  There had been rumours of that for TFA where he's, in anger, lash out with the Force and it would be magnificent.  But I want to see a veteran Jedi who has mastered the Force and can wield it with ease.  I aways liked the idea that even though Anakin was born with more power, and Yoda had perfected his power over 500 years, that Luke, due to his unique interpretation of the Force and his ability to walk the dark/light line, had grown to truly be the most powerful Jedi.

Oh I agree.  You'll find a nugget of truth here and there no doubt.  I'm talking about the people that think that one person's story is the EXACT SCRIPT!  And they quote these rumors later on saying that "this is what they read so that's what's going to happen".  It's so funny.

I remember arguing with people about the lightsaber.  I kept telling people it was Anakin/Luke's and people were adamant that it was something Finn built.  I mean, you could see the saber clear as day that it was the one Luke had, but they had read something somewhere saying Finn or Rey built it with Luke's help, etc...

Yeah, I agree.  I think Luke is the most powerful force user out there.  He and Leia are unique in that they were the children of the most powerful force user.  I'm sure if Leia had trained as well she's be his equal, but because she hasn't her powers don't show through as much.  Makes me wonder if Kylo has more potential then Luke.  And if Rey is Luke's daughter, then I could see her being in the same boat as Kylo, possibly more so depending on who her mother is.

wouldnt kylo and rey (assuming shes lukes daughter) be a little watered down in the gene pool like with anakin he was 1/2 force,  luke/leia would be 1/4 thanks to padme's crappy genes,  then Kylo would be 1/8 thanks to han's...ect  If Rey is Lukes daughter, and she has superior power with the force, I'd have to think Luke got with someone also with some power

They seem to portray Kylo as more of a pretender then a truly powerful "Jedi".  Although Snoke did say in TFA that it was time to complete his training so perhaps he will rise in power.  Nothing I've read but logic tells us perhaps Snoke trains Kylo, Luke trains Rey and they end up battling to the death in IX.  I hope we see Luke wield his original sabre one more time though.  I'd love to see him, with more modern choreography, show off some great sabre and fighting skills.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

wouldnt kylo and rey (assuming shes lukes daughter) be a little watered down in the gene pool like with anakin he was 1/2 force,  luke/leia would be 1/4 thanks to padme's crappy genes,  then Kylo would be 1/8 thanks to han's...ect  If Rey is Lukes daughter, and she has superior power with the force, I'd have to think Luke got with someone also with some power

No, because most force users are born from those who don't have the force.  So if you were born from a parent with the force, it seems as if they're saying that they'd be more powerful.  I'm not sure if they're going that route, but it seems as if they think Luke is some crazy amazing Jedi since we last new him.  And seeing as they were able to off the old Jedi so easily in the prequels, I'm guessing they're saying Luke is quite powerful in the force compared to the old Jedi.

I suppose if Anakin was prematurely capped off on his potential due to that suit, it could be argued Luke had a bigger window afterwards thanks to not being burnt to ****, and I suppose the reason Luke never really beat Vader face to face in empire/jedi (the emperors lightning is what did him in) could be untapped potential at that point or he held back - he does say I wont fight you afterall.  They would really need to showcase Lukes full potential in VIII or IX tho to kind of back that tho.

I always wondered why Leia never showed anything, other then maybe being able to deflect mind probes by Vader in a new hope.  Luke really didnt start using the force until what the day/week before he meets leia. After she finds out her and luke are brother and sister you would also think she might get curious and try between return of the jedi and TFA

• 1 month later...

On the Star Wars front, rumors are out there that Disney is not happy with the cut of Rogue One that was submitted and that it isnt testing well.  They are spending a ton of money to go back in for a month of re-shoots in July...  Curious to hear what the actual issues are.  Wonder if the "voice" is wrong (I believe Kasdan had nothing to do with these film unlike TA and the upcoming Han Solo film) or if they want more Vader.  I had heard there was absolutely nothing in Rogue One that had anything to do with the current saga films which I think is a mistake...