Game 30 : Jets @ Blackhawksdown

Waiting til the deadline lets you hope for a bidding war with a definite time line. But it also means every team negotiating a trade knows the Jets are screwed if they don't trade them. Losing them for nothing should be a firing offense.

Chipman was on a show and let it be known that losing Ladd and or buff for nothing is unacceptable

They kept him, he played well, and we made the playoffs. I can accept that one. It's only an absolute failure if you don't move somebody and miss the playoffs.

I guess there is the feeling that big name Free Agents arent going to get the same kind of deals they did in the past. giving their current team a bit more leverage.

Imagine you're Ladd or Buff and Chevy hands you a contract at the end of February that is everything you asked for in the summer.  Your agent says "yeah but we're 4 months from Free Agency".  What do you do?

Stamkos is an interesting one.  Im surprised Tampa hasnt made him the highest paid player of all time.  And if he has it known he is leaving, why didnt they trade him in the summer.  He will end up mucking things up for some teams.  Actually I have no idea... what does Stamkos at the deadline do?  Tampa will want a ton but the teams looking to rent him might not be the teams in the market to sign him.  Might make Ladd more feasible as a rental.  Then again, if Stamkos gets less than a ton as a rental, it drives down everyone else.

Heard some clips on 1290 this morning.  Jets are officially complaining about the officials now.  Maurice and Buff both spoke of the target on their backs.  That generally doesnt bode well.

Also, Trouba/Buff new defence pairing.  Getting Trouba ready for a long career playing with Hamonic I hope.

Maurice also talked of Lowry's development and getting him back to 3C.

Heard some clips on 1290 this morning.  Jets are officially complaining about the officials now.  Maurice and Buff both spoke of the target on their backs.  That generally doesnt bode well.

Also, Trouba/Buff new defence pairing.  Getting Trouba ready for a long career playing with Hamonic I hope.

Personally, It's about damn time. It's pretty obvious that the Jets have targets on their back, It's really obvious actually. They get calls against them that other teams constantly get away with. They should have gone on about the reffing a while ago instead of now but they are definitely right and everyone knows it. It's actually ridiculous some of the calls they get. 

Will complaining about it help? Maybe, Maybe not. I have no issues with the Jets getting called for these penalties as long as the other team they are playing gets them same calls against them and they don't so the Jets have a valid point. 

Personally, It's about damn time. It's pretty obvious that the Jets have targets on their back, It's really obvious actually. They get calls against them that other teams constantly get away with. They should have gone on about the reffing a while ago instead of now but they are definitely right and everyone knows it. It's actually ridiculous some of the calls they get. 

Will complaining about it help? Maybe, Maybe not. I have no issues with the Jets getting called for these penalties as long as the other team they are playing gets them same calls against them and they don't so the Jets have a valid point. 

I'm with you on this. Can't hurt. Let's officiating know we've noticed. We're a big strong team that shouldn't be penalized for aggressiveness within the rules.

Not upset over the dumb (i.e., lazy) penalties though, no issue with the refs there, that's on us.  

Usually it does hurt to complain about the officials.  Its one thing if the team does it, but the players shouldnt be.  Maurice called benching a Buff a "silent protest" against the officiating which sounds pretty stupid so I assume that was his cover answer for why he benched him.  If they actually feel there is a conspiracy among the refs to "get" the Jets, then the team President should take that up with the league.

I agree about Crosby.  Pens need a new GM and a commitment to building a better team.  Failing that, they might as well plays balls out and let Crosby, Malkin, Kessler try to win games 6-5 rather than lose 2-0.

I'm with you on this. Can't hurt. Let's officiating know we've noticed. We're a big strong team that shouldn't be penalized for aggressiveness within the rules.

Not upset over the dumb (i.e., lazy) penalties though, no issue with the refs there, that's on us.  

Agreed. No issues with the dumb lazy penalties like slashing or high sticking or things of that nature, The issue i have is when one of our bigger guys, let's just use Buff as an example, He hits someone and because he's bigger, he gets a penalty. Has happened to Lowry a couple times too. 2 minutes for basically being stronger. 

Usually it does hurt to complain about the officials.  Its one thing if the team does it, but the players shouldnt be.  Maurice called benching a Buff a "silent protest" against the officiating which sounds pretty stupid so I assume that was his cover answer for why he benched him.  If they actually feel there is a conspiracy among the refs to "get" the Jets, then the team President should take that up with the league.

I agree about Crosby.  Pens need a new GM and a commitment to building a better team.  Failing that, they might as well plays balls out and let Crosby, Malkin, Kessler try to win games 6-5 rather than lose 2-0.

A silent protest because Buff's penalty was the only deserving one he said.

Myers got the ultimate "big guy" penalty when whatshisname ran right into him and fell down.

Kadri and these are exactly the penalties I'm talking about and I'm sure the Jets are 2. No issues with the dumb lazy ones, the stick infractions etc, it's those ones against Myers,Buff,Lowry for just being bigger and stronger that are really annoying.