Hellebuyck gets called up.

Ducky

This is the way you want your prospects making the lineup. Getting a shot with an injury call up and forcing the team to keep you up.

Too many rookies on the team out of TC this year with no real competition.

Up to Helle to make the most of his chance now.

It's not always that the goalie has to be pulled, sometimes it is to wake up or light a fire under the team...

I really hope Helle takes over the starter's role with no questions asked. I know the topic has been beaten to death but the Jets need consistent above average goaltending ....they haven't had that since coming from Thrashervile.

Armia called up too.

Interesting!!! I guess he takes Petan's sport rotating with Peluso. Correct me if I'm wrong but Armia is a pretty big guy. Maybe Peluso gets less games.

So what's the fourth line?

Burmi-Copp-Armia? That could be a good line.

Lowry-Copp-Peluso (Armia extra F) according to Ken Wiebe. Burmi centers 3rd line thanks to Lowry's lack of play lately.

I feel bad for Pavelec.

Was driving to the game on Saturday and discussing the Jets goalie situation with my brother.  With Pavelec under contract this year and next and Hutchinson an RFA next year, we were talking about what it would take for Hellebuyck to get his chance.

My thoughts were in an ideal world, Hellebuyck would get a chance to prove himself and take over the starting job through injury, then force the Jets hand on trading Pavelec or Hutchinson.  Otherwise, how can you really justify trading Pavelec or Hutchinson this year or next with an unproven guy behind them.

Then we talked about how fortunate the Jets have been since they’ve come back with almost no games lost to injuries for their goalies.  Then Pavelec goes and gets hurt that night, so I feel partially to blame.

Sorry Pav.

Huge moment in Hutch's career. If he falters he'll pretty much cement his position as a career backup.

It could also be a really important part of the schedule for the Jets. Does a goalie step up and help them into the playoffs or do the Jets play .500 hockey and miss the playoffs?

We cold be looking back at this in a few years and say "remember when Pavs hurt himself and ___________ stepped in and won the spot and hasn't looked back?" Or we cold be looking back at this saying "remember when Pavs hurt himself and that Hutchinson guy and that Hellebuyck guy did squat and we missed the playoffs?"

Lol. The gm needs to decide if they want to be a .500 team or if it's time to trade some guys like Toby buff Ladd maybe Perreault and some others and do a semi rebuild. Picking 13 or 14th won't help. If the Jets are not gonna be playoff contenders it's time for some trades. 1 step back to take 2 forward. However this draft is interesting since every non playoff team has a chance to pick first overall. I'd be fine with the jets missing the playoffs... I've stopped pretending they are a playoff contender a few games ago. This team collapses like the bombers do when things don't go there way. It's time or just about time for Chevy to either sign Ladd and Buff specifically or trade them. If they lol if... when they miss the playoffs... I won't be upset. I half expected them to struggle this year... I just didn't think the guys struggling would be Ladd Perreault trouba myers and the D group as a whole.

The future looks nice tho. The present tho? Not so much. Outside of last year where pav had his best year in his career.. the Jets haven't been that great. Not sure if people were fooled in to thinking this team was better than they are or what but.... this jets team looks like the one Claude Noel was coaching. It's not the coaching eventho I think some of Maurices decisions have been odd... it's the players... it's time imo to make some on ice changes. Give Wheeler the C. Give Scheif an A. Trade Ladd Buff and a few others.