Crosby or Toews as Captain of Team Canada?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who should wear the C

• Sidney Crosby
    • Johnathan Toews
    • Other

TSN had a interesting question so who would you give the team canada C to?

personally I'd go with Toews, because as a captain hes been nothing but gold (and 3 cups).

I think Crosby is the better player, but I think Toews is a better leader  kinda makes me think of the Gretzky/Messier duo and Messier wore the C

The only time that happened was the one year they played together in New York (96-97).  Messier had been the captain for 5 years already at that point, it had nothing to do with leadership. Gretzky didn't even wear A for the Rangers, although he did briefly wear the C in 98 after Mess left, and Leetch (the actual captain) was hurt.

they showed their results as captains,

toews has 2 gold medals in juniors, 2 olympic gold and 3 stanley cups as captain.

crosby has 1 gold 1 silver in junior, 2 gold in olympics and 1 cup.

i think either would be a good choice but toews in chicagos been money

Both are very successful.  Hockey is a team sport. 

I'd go with Toews now.  But I have no issue with Crosby.  Sometimes these things are awarded to a player until that player "loses" it.  Is Mike Babcock the best coach in hockey?  No.  But he's HC. 

Crosby is having a rough season but he's always been a warrior on the ice.  So to me, we're lucky to have both.

Both are very successful.  Hockey is a team sport. 

I'd go with Toews now.  But I have no issue with Crosby.  Sometimes these things are awarded to a player until that player "loses" it.  Is Mike Babcock the best coach in hockey?  No.  But he's HC. 

Crosby is having a rough season but he's always been a warrior on the ice.  So to me, we're lucky to have both.

Assuming Crosby turns it around and has a Crosby-like season, I'd pick him again. If he has the terrible season he's on pace for, I'd give it to Toews. Less pressure and a chip on his shoulder might be good for him.

is this like a brett hull situation with duel citizenship?

The under 23 team at the World Cup will be made of Canadian & US players. So Connor McDavid, for example, can't play for team Canada.

In the Olympics, there are a few countries with loose Nationality restrictions that let Canadians playing in their national leagues play for the national team. This way Gordie Johnson from Moose Jaw can be German for a few weeks every four years.

they showed their results as captains,

toews has 2 gold medals in juniors, 2 olympic gold and 3 stanley cups as captain.

crosby has 1 gold 1 silver in junior, 2 gold in olympics and 1 cup.

i think either would be a good choice but toews in chicagos been money

The thing is you really can't compare The Penguins and Blackhawks. The hawks defence is led by guys like Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook, the Pens have Kris Letang. Hardly a fair comparison right? 

Well,  The pens major issue is their D that's for sure, But they have a ton of O and that was their decision to go that route, they could have probably fixed their D but they decided to not go that route, Chicago is more balanced for sure, top to bottom, they have a damn good top 6 and they have a damn good top 4 D. 

As for Captain, This is for the world cup right? I'm not sure i really care about it but my vote would go to Toews because of all the intangibles he has but.... if i had to guess, SID will get the C because he's probably still the best player in the world.