Westerman Fined by CFL for 4th Time This Season

TrueBlue

It affected Burris the second half as he cooled off passing.

Ha, that there is Suitor-talk, an obvious attempt not to credit the Bomber defence, so...it must be because he was bothered by that injury/non-injury.

That was pure soccer theatrics at its finest. Couldnt believe he cried on the field then jumped up and practically jogged to the sidelines whilst signalling that was 3 times.. Soooo the other two were just as (not) bad then or..?

And maas throwing his temper tantrum was awesome.. His players shoulda let him go to discuss this issue with westerman and anderson lol.

Ha, that there is Suitor-talk, an obvious attempt not to credit the Bomber defence, so...it must be because he was bothered by that injury/non-injury.

That was pure soccer theatrics at its finest. Couldnt believe he cried on the field then jumped up and practically jogged to the sidelines whilst signalling that was 3 times.. Soooo the other two were just as (not) bad then or..?

And maas throwing his temper tantrum was awesome.. His players shoulda let him go to discuss this issue with westerman and anderson lol.

Just a coach standing by his players. He's animated & fiery. The guy will be a HC in the CFL someday.  

Just a coach standing by his players. He's animated & fiery. The guy will be a HC in the CFL someday.  

Looking forward to the ultimate theatrical show down, Maas vs. Creehan.  Should be bombastic.

Looking forward to the ultimate theatrical show down, Maas vs. Creehan.  Should be bombastic.

Hard Core Match. Falls count anywhere. 

Ottawa got the penalty on the play and Burris was unscathed... that's a lot more than we can say about the Adrian Tracy hit on Drew Willy... which was equally as bad, if not worse...

leads the league in sacks... leads the league in fines... they sometimes go hand in hand...

I have no issues with Westerman playing right up until the whistle blows or even shortly after. This hit turned out badly because he stumbled and fell. I don't buy the intent to injure crap. He was doing his job and it turned into a dangerous play because he lost his balance. I still want all his momentum going straight towards the QB at all times....even if it means an occasional fine.

I'm not going to sit here and cry for the QBs of the CFL getting hit and sometimes hit dirty....and if there ever was a fanbase who had the right to do so over the past few years, it's us.

Westerman is carrying this club right now. I wish we had 23 more of him to put on the field. Both sides of the ball need to have his fire. So he crosses the line once in a while...big whoop. He's the only reason I'm watching them anymore. Football is a dirty sport. There is something dirty going on somewhere on almost every play. I hope the club is helping him with these fines.

Okay....now flame on

I have no issues with Westerman playing right up until the whistle blows or even shortly after. This hit turned out badly because he stumbled and fell. I don't buy the intent to injure crap. He was doing his job and it turned into a dangerous play because he lost his balance. I still want all his momentum going straight towards the QB at all times....even if it means an occasional fine.

I'm not going to sit here and cry for the QBs of the CFL getting hit and sometimes hit dirty....and if there ever was a fanbase who had the right to do so over the past few years, it's us.

We, as a fanbase have a right to wish injury on other qbs? I don't want to see any qbs go down. No, you're wrong as we need better players to win. When Reilly went down it didn't stop them. Other Eskimo qbs stepped up in his absence. They're now 13-4... What hot garbage did we have for qbs when Willy went down, Brohm & Marve? They both stunk & were useless. That's on our coaching staff & our GM who didn't bring in anyone to push those guys. We traded for Nicholls out of desperation. Great way to build a team...

Can't fault Walters for picking Nichols up-he was the only option there was and with a decent OC and O-line, heck- he might even be average. Where Walters, O'Shea, Bellefeuille, and especially McManus fell down was when they collectively looked at the backups to Willy way back in training camp , wrinkled their brows ad thought, " they're good enough". Someone's feet ought to held to the fire for that group brain cramp and the inability to find better backups in the US of A.

Did they mention how he was held on the play forcing him to lunge at the qb?

Did they mention the direct hit to the head on Nicholls? Did they mention the late tackle after our player went out of bounds? I don't normally ***** about the refs but I really noticed some obvious missed calls last game. And what was worse was that the refs were looking directly at the infraction and didn't call a penalty.

Oh well...

Don't forget the two consecutive faskmaskings they missed. One on Nichols and one on one of our receivers or Marshal.

Id have to watch the play again but it really did look like westerman was stumbling before he made contact.  Burris milked it up then bounced back to the side lines. Again I have NEVER heard that much booing for a player getting up (doesnt matter what team)

They booed because he gestured first to the Winnipeg bench then to the defence. **** happens Henry, including the minor love tap you got.

We, as a fanbase have a right to wish injury on other qbs? I don't want to see any qbs go down. No, you're wrong as we need better players to win. When Reilly went down it didn't stop them. Other Eskimo qbs stepped up in his absence. They're now 13-4... What hot garbage did we have for qbs when Willy went down, Brohm & Marve? They both stunk & were useless. That's on our coaching staff & our GM who didn't bring in anyone to push those guys. We traded for Nicholls out of desperation. Great way to build a team...

Well said and you're right. It has been a collective disaster of epic proportions. I look for Miller to send many to the guillotine. Lots of changes coming.

What on god's green earth are you rambling about? You're calling me wrong for something I never said. I never once said our problems are because Willy went down...although it was a contributing factor. All I said is if any fan base has a right to piss and moan about dirty hits to their QBs it's Bomber fans. I stand by that statement 100%. Maybe learn to read....or not read into...people's posts before going all nuthouse on them in response.

Jesus....I'm not wishing injury on any QB in the league, but if it happens because one of our players did it accidentally because he was putting in his full effort...so be it. I will not lose a moment's sleep over it or an ounce of respect for that player. If that bothers you, go play flag football with your friends in Cowtown and sip Mojitos on Kensington with them afterwards.