Game 9 : Kings @ Jets

tch tch tch

I showed you the post and you still argue?

Also, I have a site with the Jets salaries bookmarked and you can change it from salary to cap hit so I know what they make and what the hit is.

Cap hit is more important than actual salary.

Salary is more important than cap hit for a budget team. Cap hit really only matters when you are close to the cap which the Jets most certainly are not.

We might be in the next year or two though with Buff, Ladd, Trouba, & Scheifele all due for raises.

If so Myers' contract is even more important because it means they have a top D pairing for less than market value cash-wise and can use an extra $2 million and allocate that to someone like Ladd or Buff.

I'd suspect part of the delay with Ladd is Chevy's planning out the budget for the next few years.  Chipman has said they have forcasts and it comes down to where they slot a guy salary-wise and they have projections years into the future on that.  So Myers being on a decent contract even if his cap hit and salary were the same with the added bonus of providing a few re-capture bucks for someone else, makes things easier.

I think if they re-sign Buff it will mean they try and get Trouba on a bridge deal of 2-3 years before locking him in.  He's not having a top D year so far so it might be difficult for both sides to agree on an 8 year contract.  Bridge deal, see if he turns into the player we think he can and then max him out on his next contract.  That buys some time for Buff too.  Lowry shouldnt be difficult to resign.  If Scheif continues to make noise as a 1B center, his contract will be very interesting.

Id rather have Reilly and Gardiner and picks/prospects than Myers/Enstrom.

Myers=5.5m for this year and next 3....then UFA.

Enstrom=5.75m for this year and the next to and then an UFA.

Reilly=ELC this year and an RFA next year.

Gardiner=4.5m for this year and next 3 then an UFA.

Whose contract is cap friendly???????????

Myers is.  Do some research.

I get it, my apologies....what you said is not what you meant....gotcha.

Its absolutely what I mean.  All salaries must fit under the cap.  Myers' contract is the best under the cap.  You're trying to score points on semantics because you didnt realise his contract paid him less cash than his yearly average cap hit.  Its okay to be wrong.  And you knew I was arguing his contract was good and you argued it wasnt.  You were wrong.

But you argue with me rather than the person who called you a troll because you're trying to be difficult and deliberately obtuse. 

You were wrong on Myers' contract

You were wrong on Myers' value to the Jets

You are wrong on which D should be traded if one has to be.

Sorry you're so wrong.  It happens sometimes.

tch tch tch

I showed you the post and you still argue?

Also, I have a site with the Jets salaries bookmarked and you can change it from salary to cap hit so I know what they make and what the hit is.

Cap hit is more important than actual salary.

Salary is more important than cap hit for a budget team. Cap hit really only matters when you are close to the cap which the Jets most certainly are not.

That's a pretty near sighted view isn't it....just because we aren't near the cap this year doesn't mean we won't be in the future and possibly the very near future.

TUP,

I am done with this debate....I have showed you in your own words where you were wrong and you decline to admit it so say what you want, I am done with this debate.

No you didnt Ducky.  You cant say I was wrong based on you telling me what I said and what I meant.  You're just sour because everyone pointed out the ludicrousness" of your "Trade Myers" stance and the fact you were arguing a moot point.  Now that you've been shown how his contract actually is, do you still want to trade him?

And if you're also trying to argue that we might be near the cap in a couple of years so we should trade Myers, you're even more wrong.  If the Jets were against the cap, Myers would be one of the last guys considered for trade.  Why trade a $5M cap/$3M cash instead of someone who is $5/$5?  if you did, you'd be freeing up cap but not freeing up cash.

Besides which, the idea of trading Myers is silly without considering his contract.  Its moot.  MOOOT I say.  (or mute as Lawless says. ha)