Game 9 : Kings @ Jets

Well, sign Buff and send Myers to Chiarelli...

Cap hit

Myers 5.5m

Toby 5.75m

Gardiner 4.05 

Reilly 875k then RFA

Actual salary hit

Toby 5.75  5.75  5.75

Myers 5  4  3.5  3

Gardiner 4.05  4.05  4.05  3.45

Reilly 875k then RFA

TUP, is that enough research for you?

Sending out 11.25m and taking back 5.375m in cap hit.... makes enough room to re-sign Buff and Ladd.

Actual salary ... sending out 32.75 for Toby's 3 years and Myers' 4..... taking back 15.6 for Gardiners 4 years and 875k for Reilly's last year of his ELC. Let's say Reilly re-signs 3 years for 11m and that would bring it up to 27.475 for Gardiner's 4 years and Reilly's 4 years...

TUP, now, is that enough research for you?

A savings of well over 5m while getting younger and better.

Skillset of Myers over Reilly when this team is a contender would be pretty equal...I woul d rather have Gardiner than Enstrom and we would also get picks/prospects.

Doubt it. The kane trade actually made sense. Toronto trading Rielly and Gardiner doesn't. Leafs are in a rebuild. Rielly was drafted same year trouba was... I'm all for trade proposals but I just don't see how a rebuilding team like the leafs would trade their young D men who fit in with their rebuild. Makes no sense to the leafs. They are competing for a top 5 pick not a Stanley Cup. Babcock loves Toby? That's well and good but Toby doesn't fit in the leafs rebuild age group

I want to keep all 3 RHD but like I've said, if you care to read, is that if we have to trade one and Buff is signed, I would trade Myers.

TUP,

Better research? I was right the first time but I "researched" it this time to give you exact numbers to show you that you were wrong...again.

I want to keep all 3 RHD but like I've said, if you care to read, is that if we have to trade one and Buff is signed, I would trade Myers.

TUP,

Better research? I was right the first time but I "researched" it this time to give you exact numbers to show you that you were wrong...again.

What was I wrong about? You kept mentioning Myers cap hit but as pointed out to you he he a unique contract with a very helpful diminishing cash value. You didn't know that.

I wasn't the only one to point that out to you. And you don't seem to put value on it. Then again you don't seem to put value on talent either so it's a rather moot point.

Tyler Myers is the type of player with the type of contract you don't look to trade. You're fully entitled to a different opinion but you'd be soundly in the minority.

Considering when we traded for the guy ,  every single media outlet were applauding the move and saying how we got a great deal with a talented player and a fantastic contract to go with him.  I haven't read or seen any negative comments on Myers anywhere locally or even online anywhere aside from Ducky. 

I'm guessing it's just a troll job. 

TUP,

What was I wrong about? You kept mentioning Myers cap hit but as pointed out to you he he a unique contract with a very helpful diminishing cash value. You didn't know that.

I wasn't the only one to point that out to you. And you don't seem to put value on it. Then again you don't seem to put value on talent either so it's a rather moot point.

Tyler Myers is the type of player with the type of contract you don't look to trade. You're fully entitled to a different opinion but you'd be soundly in the minority.

you were wrong in assuming his cap hit wasn't 5.5m per year and assuming I didn't know what his salary/cap hit is/was. Why can't you admit when you are wrong?

His game was average today but what the hell is wrong with Trouba?

Buff was the best RHD today.

edit: The caphit stays the same in 99% of contracts even though the yearly salary can change... his yearly salary is good but his cap hit isn't.

If we want to talk potential trades of key guys under contract lets make the assumption Pavs and hutch keep up their current level of play all season.

What do you do...?

Play them both....if we trade one you want to call Hellebuyck as backup I assume....Time to trade a goalie is off season for this team not during the season....what would you get for Pavs? Maybe the Sabres would take him but I would hold on to both of them as far as I see it.

TUP,

you were wrong in assuming his cap hit wasn't 5.5m per year and assuming I didn't know what his salary/cap hit is/was. Why can't you admit when you are wrong?

His game was average today but what the hell is wrong with Trouba?

Buff was the best RHD today.

edit: The caphit stays the same in 99% of contracts even though the yearly salary can change... his yearly salary is good but his cap hit isn't.

I never said his cap hit wasn't $5.5. His real cash value isn't that. That was my point. I have long been touting the brilliance of getting Myers due to his contract so I wouldn't make that mistake. However if I did say cap instead of cash I would certainly admit I mis typed. But I don't believe tjay to be the case and don't care enough to look.

Why don't you admit you're wrong?

Id rather have Reilly and Gardiner and picks/prospects than Myers/Enstrom.

Myers=5.5m for this year and next 3....then UFA.

Enstrom=5.75m for this year and the next to and then an UFA.

Reilly=ELC this year and an RFA next year.

Gardiner=4.5m for this year and next 3 then an UFA.

Whose contract is cap friendly???????????

Myers is.  Do some research.

here you go...

Not wrong. You kept pushing Myers cap hit versus others and I correctly pointed out that he had a diminishing cash value and a great contrac. You retorted with the above post asking who was cap friendly. That wasn't the point at all

But Myers contract is cap friendly. Being cap friendly isn't just about the actual cap since the jets arento a cap team. Cash is more important. Why on earth would it benefit the jets to trade a higher cap but lower cash for a lower cap but higher cash and how is that cap friendly?

A contract like Myers is cap friendly because It frees up cAsh for other players. You didn't seem to know that Myers contract diminished yearly or if you did you didn't seem to understand the importance.

Point made. No apology needed.

tch tch tch

I showed you the post and you still argue?

Also, I have a site with the Jets salaries bookmarked and you can change it from salary to cap hit so I know what they make and what the hit is.

Cap hit is more important than actual salary.

Then it's especially strange how you didn't seem to put any importance on Myers contract. What am I arguing? We both know exactly what I meant

Stop being so stubborn. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.

Id rather have Reilly and Gardiner and picks/prospects than Myers/Enstrom.

Myers=5.5m for this year and next 3....then UFA.

Enstrom=5.75m for this year and the next to and then an UFA.

Reilly=ELC this year and an RFA next year.

Gardiner=4.5m for this year and next 3 then an UFA.

Whose contract is cap friendly???????????

Myers is.  Do some research.

I get it, my apologies....what you said is not what you meant....gotcha.

tch tch tch

Also, I have a site with the Jets salaries bookmarked and you can change it from salary to cap hit so I know what they make and what the hit is.

Salary is more important than cap hit for a budget team. Cap hit really only matters when you are close to the cap which the Jets most certainly are not.

tch tch tch

Salary is more important than cap hit for a budget team. Cap hit really only matters when you are close to the cap which the Jets most certainly are not.

We might be in the next year or two though with Buff, Ladd, Trouba, & Scheifele all due for raises.