Investors Group Field repairs to cost more than $35M

I was fortunate enough to get a tour of the stadium prior to it opening and before it was completely finished.

The project manager gave us the tour and he basically said he was up most nights re-working and tinkering with the plans so that they could finish it within budget. The contingency they had was ridiculously low.

All said and done.. A new stadium as majestic as ours is (and it is a beaut.. i dont care what anyone says.. Great sight lines, comfy seats, cover works and my only legit complaint is the concourses being so tight when everyone is mobile..) for what.. 250 million all said and done.. Is a great deal.

Why people feel the need to piss and moan all about the cost or the debt over and over again is beyond me.. What is it going to cost individual tax payers at the end of the day.. 100$? Fair deal for now many decades of use? Kids playing HS football champonships there. Our University being a crowning jewel for football in the country..

i get cheapskates love to cry about spilled milk but frankly, its laughable. Even if you never step foot in the stadium yourself, shouldnt you want your friends and family to be able to enjoy a top tier stadium instead of the crapshack we had?

I'm with you, appreciate the facility for what it is. In the last 4 months I've been to the following CFL stadiums:

BC Place in Vancouver

McMahon stadium in Calgary

Commonwealth in Edmonton

TD Place in Ottawa

It's been a year since I've been to IGF in Winnipeg

As a taller person IGF is the best for legroom of any of the stadiums I've been to, and I've only been to training camp in it, but it is a very nice stadium.

I'd say of the stadiums I've been to I'd put it 2nd to BC place, which despite very apathetic and quiet fans is a gorgeous stadium

TD place in Ottawa was pretty nice as well, and nicest area to hang out in for drinks/food before the game of the stadiums I've been to

I like commonwealth, but living in Edmonton I rarely go to a game because it's a pain in the ass to get there from where I live. It's not the best part of town, and the stadium is showing it's age a bit.

McMahon shows it's age, easily bottom of the list of the stadiums I've been to, but had a good time in the parking lot before the game barbecuing and drinking with some stamps fans. Closest thing to a tailgate experience I've had.

Haven't been to a game in regina, Hamilton, Toronto or montreal so can't comment on them. But based on the cities I've been to and with what I've heard of the stadiums in the other cities I would guess the top 3 stadiums in the CFL would be BC, Winnipeg, Ottawa, and there's a definite gap between Winnipeg and Ottawa. So be glad you have IGF.

All said and done.. A new stadium as majestic as ours is (and it is a beaut.. i dont care what anyone says.. Great sight lines, comfy seats, cover works and my only legit complaint is the concourses being so tight when everyone is mobile..) for what.. 250 million all said and done.. Is a great deal.

Why people feel the need to piss and moan all about the cost or the debt over and over again is beyond me.. What is it going to cost individual tax payers at the end of the day.. 100$? Fair deal for now many decades of use? Kids playing HS football champonships there. Our University being a crowning jewel for football in the country..

i get cheapskates love to cry about spilled milk but frankly, its laughable. Even if you never step foot in the stadium yourself, shouldnt you want your friends and family to be able to enjoy a top tier stadium instead of the crapshack we had?

I'm with you, appreciate the facility for what it is. In the last 4 months I've been to the following CFL stadiums:

BC Place in Vancouver

McMahon stadium in Calgary

Commonwealth in Edmonton

TD Place in Ottawa

It's been a year since I've been to IGF in Winnipeg

As a taller person IGF is the best for legroom of any of the stadiums I've been to, and I've only been to training camp in it, but it is a very nice stadium.

I'd say of the stadiums I've been to I'd put it 2nd to BC place, which despite very apathetic and quiet fans is a gorgeous stadium

TD place in Ottawa was pretty nice as well, and nicest area to hang out in for drinks/food before the game of the stadiums I've been to

I like commonwealth, but living in Edmonton I rarely go to a game because it's a pain in the ass to get there from where I live. It's not the best part of town, and the stadium is showing it's age a bit.

McMahon shows it's age, easily bottom of the list of the stadiums I've been to, but had a good time in the parking lot before the game barbecuing and drinking with some stamps fans. Closest thing to a tailgate experience I've had.

Haven't been to a game in regina, Hamilton, Toronto or montreal so can't comment on them. But based on the cities I've been to and with what I've heard of the stadiums in the other cities I would guess the top 3 stadiums in the CFL would be BC, Winnipeg, Ottawa, and there's a definite gap between Winnipeg and Ottawa. So be glad you have IGF.

The last time I went to a game at Mosaic Stadium was the Labor Day Sunday weekend game in 1995 & it was a dump back then, especially the concourses & washrooms. I can only imagine the state of that stadium 20 years later. That & the fact MS isn't in the nicest part of town. I can see where a person walking alone out of that stadium might feel unsafe. Or wonder if their car is still in one piece where they left it parked. 

I love the new stadium. However, one should keep in mind that likely only a very small minority of people are ever going to be able to use it yet they are obligated to carry their portion of the bill. As well, if such repairs are going to be an ongoing thing one would have to ask is there going to be an actual long term benefit to the people of Manitoba and Canada from this stadium? We have enough bad debt in this province already :(

Agree. Well said.

All said and done.. A new stadium as majestic as ours is (and it is a beaut.. i dont care what anyone says.. Great sight lines, comfy seats, cover works and my only legit complaint is the concourses being so tight when everyone is mobile..)

Like the baseball park, MTS center, pretty much every intersection in Winnipeg...

With all the room at the UofM to play with you'd think they give people room to walk around.