Manitoba Moose

Goalie

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NO. Hawerchuk signed a 3 year extension with Barrie like 2 weeks ago. 

Probably Mike Yeo, he was apparently sighted at the WPG Airport not long ago. 

This isn't that surprising to me, I think the writing was on the wall a while ago if you followed things, Jets and Moose actually played 2 different systems and they probably want a coach who will play a similar or the exact same system that the JETS will play. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'm sure Hawerchuk has a clause in his contract to allow him an out if a certain position were available to him.......

Send Vincent to the Moose and replace him with Yeo...

Ha! Was literally just thinking this... Not sure if feasible, but it would make sense.

Vincent was a head coach in Jr I believe? 

22 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'm sure Hawerchuk has a clause in his contract to allow him an out if a certain position were available to him.......

Send Vincent to the Moose and replace him with Yeo...

I believe it was Lawless, could be wrong, who said he thought if Dale left Barrie it would be for an NHL job, not an AHL one.

I honestly think our special teams will be vastly improved next year with different personnel on them. They were headed in the right direction towards the end of the year. I'd like to see what Armia, Copp, and maybe even Ehlers can do on the PK after being on it for 3 or 4 months.

I don't think Hawerchuk comes here for anything less than an assistant coach. Why would he. His home is where he is now and he isn't hurting for money. He's always said he wouldn't think about coaching in the NHL until his kids were grown. It sure would put a little bit of pressure on Maurice wouldn't it? Nothing wrong with a little pressure if applied properly.

Edited by Ducky