Manitoba Moose

Goalie

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Ya. He's a good ahl player. He will definitely play on the Moose. It's an ahl contract so it's his only option. It's a really nice signing actually for the moose. Cormier not getting an nhl contract is interesting. Didn't think he would. Didn't think he'd be back with the Moose tho but probably be captain. 

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ya. He's a good ahl player. He will definitely play on the Moose. It's an ahl contract so it's his only option. It's a really nice signing actually for the moose. Cormier not getting an nhl contract is interesting. Didn't think he would. Didn't think he'd be back with the Moose tho but probably be captain. 

Im glad Cormier is back.  Good veteran leadership.  He played well in call ups too.  He's a capable player.  Clearly his NHL dream was pretty much over especially now the Jets have more depth.  He could have tried to go somewhere else but maybe likes his role here.  He must be at peace with it to sign an AHL contract.  Good signings.

57 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Some speculation around that the Moose will be signing former Wheat King and Winnipeg born Scott Glennie.  

RW taken by Dallas high a few years ago in the Nhl draft. Never lived up to expectations but a very good goal scorer in the ahl. Moose might be a lot better this year. 

Nice article about Glennie here, if you can read the Freep;

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/nhl/his-hardest-shot-at-redemption-374572591.html

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Surprised not lifetime contract for Cormier.

Why not? It's an ahl contract. My fear was he'd get an nhl deal but he didn't... don't see the issue with Cormier on the moose long term at all.  You need veteran presences around for the young guys. 

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyone know the line combos for the Moose?  How are they doing??

Dano - De Leo - Kosmachuk

Petan - Roslovic - Olsen

Howden - Copp - Lipon

Lemieux - Cormier - Peluso

Moose are 1-1-1 but not scoring much.

http://moosehockey.com/stats/

Howden has 3 goals in 3 games.  Peluso 2 assists, Roslovic 1 goal 1 assist.

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lemieux on the 4th line eh?

Pretty good depth at LW with 3 guys with significant NHL/AHL experience and great junior careers ahead of him.  It's the AHL, though, these guys are gonna be moving around all year.  They all play significant minutes and Lemieux is already well on his way to becoming one of the most hated players in the AHL.

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lemieux just got back the last game from a long term injury. He will be with De Leo soon on his line. Just needs to get his game legs back. Wasn't skating for almost a month really. 

We don't know what line he will end up on.  I'm sure he won't spend all year on the 4th line.  I was at the game on Tuesday and Lemieux is such a **** disturber.  My goodness.  It was the same in the young guys tournament before the pre-season.  The next great agitator but can he use it for good rather than evil?  Stay tuned true believers.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Dano - De Leo - Kosmachuk

Petan - Roslovic - Olsen

Howden - Copp - Lipon

Lemieux - Cormier - Peluso

Moose are 1-1-1 but not scoring much.

http://moosehockey.com/stats/

Howden has 3 goals in 3 games.  Peluso 2 assists, Roslovic 1 goal 1 assist.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lemieux on the 4th line eh?

Couple good names there.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

We don't know what line he will end up on.  I'm sure he won't spend all year on the 4th line.  I was at the game on Tuesday and Lemieux is such a **** disturber.  My goodness.  It was the same in the young guys tournament before the pre-season.  The next great agitator but can he use it for good rather than evil?  Stay tuned true believers.

if he's like his dad his true value will be in the playoffs.

Pav gives up 4 But Moose pop 5 and win 5 4. Petan with the winner in to the empty net. Yup. Condors scored with 1 second left to make it 5 4. Roslovic with another. Kosmschuk with 1. Kostalek altho should be Olsen. Lemieux scored also. Fans go home with a free coupon for pancakes as the Moose scored 5. 

Edited by Goalie