This Day In 2009

Noeller

My memory is bad... why was Brink starting over Jyles? Jyles definitely had some good arm strength and touch on those td passes....

Was at the game. Stayed till end. Brink started and sucked. Got bood off the field. Jules came in in the 3rd or even 4th and magic happened. Remember sitting in my seat at the end seeing people walking to their cars in the parking area actually stopping and watching the scoreboard.

I was at this game.  The Lions actually brought my father-in-law and I down to field level for warm-ups before the game so we could be on the field.  It was all part of the Lui Passaglia thing when Lui came to the hospital to cheer up my father-in-law after his liver transplant, and promised that we could go down to field level when my father-in-law was feeling better.  It was very classy of Jamie Taras and the Lions to do that.  The one thing I noticed was how huge almost all the players are.

Anyway, it was fun for me to watch Fred go nuts on the Lions, not so much for my father-in-law.  That TD Reid scored that got called back  for illegal substitution was all Wally.  The refs hadn't noticed that Reid had only been out for one play, and it was Wally who called them over and complained.  I couldn't blame him for doing that, but the game was well over by that point.  I just remember thinking "what a jerk, just let him have the record".  Oh well, he got it anyway.

Oh man we owned Javier Glatt so bad all game. Open up a dictionary, look at "chase position," you'll see a picture of Glatt.

I'll never ever forget this game. My wife and I had flown to Istanbul on vacation. We were in the air for a day, we were too tired to do anything when we landed. Got into our hotel, got down into the lounge, had a beer and some awesome mezze, opened up my laptop, found a stream just as Arceneaux caught that sweet TD bomb from Jarious. Figured, aw ****, here we go again .. and then Reid and Bernard got to work. Amazing.

lol, Glatt was awful.

was games like that, that I never leave a CFL game early.... like last game.   People leaving with 3 minutes left.  Sure we weren't moving the ball well, but there was still the possibility we could pull it out.   That's when the keys starting jingling at the quitters! haha

was games like that, that I never leave a CFL game early.... like last game.   People leaving with 3 minutes left.  Sure we weren't moving the ball well, but there was still the possibility we could pull it out.   That's when the keys starting jingling at the quitters! haha

Yeah I was surprised to see people leaving at that point.  Down 7 with time left, that's the best part of a CFL game.

Jyles was the backup to Pierce (we got him as a FA from Sask in Lapo's first season, 2010). Things had gone seriously south with our offence by this point that's my only explaination as to why Brink was starting ;)

My recollection is Mack stepped in and said Start Brink.  That very well could have been a poster who speculated that though

Beat The Tra-Fic! *CLAP CLAP clap-clap-clap*

You forgot the *jingle* *jingle* *jingle* lol.