Rocket Robin Hood and Other Toons

Atomic

All time favourites. I'd rush home after school to watch these two shows. Growing up during the early days of the Mercury & Gemini space programs, it was great being a kid in those days. We all thought we'd be travelling the stars or living on Mars by now. Optimism reigned supreme. Didn't work out that way. 

i had a indepth convo with a few buddies and plenty of beer the other day about before school cartoons vs after school cartoons, and by all accounts morning toons licked the technicoloured nut.  (were all born 82-ish) so what we were subjected to for the most part on weekdays was; morning: rocket robin hood, hercules, astroboy, inspector gadget, smoogies, carebears, spiderman vs  afterschool: ducktales, gooftroop, gargoyles, darkwing duck, mighty ducks, simpsons, tail spin, im forgetting a few as after school programs were a lot more ever-changing.  but all n all as much as i dislike disney, they were pretty midas with their cartoon programs in the 90's.

its too bad dragonball z that aired at 6am didnt come around till around 99-00'  that would have given the morning line up a much better chance

We watched whatever was one before school and at lunch.

I Remember RRH. Not a fan. But loved Hercules. In my parents basement behind some panels is still a marker-drawn squiggle I said was "gargamel" but before I could spell.

Transformers was big in the mornings. I remember after the movie came out the cartoon switched to the "new" transformers. Very cool

Anyone remember Rambo?

I think Gobots was a thing too

Spider-Man.

At lunch it was the CKY cartoons - yogi bear etc. when were a bit older it was Skiddlebits.

After school it was Scooby Doo and the Flintstones.

My friends were into GI Joe but I wasnt a big fan.

i had a indepth convo with a few buddies and plenty of beer the other day about before school cartoons vs after school cartoons, and by all accounts morning toons licked the technicoloured nut.  (were all born 82-ish) so what we were subjected to for the most part on weekdays was; morning: rocket robin hood, hercules, astroboy, inspector gadget, smoogies, carebears, spiderman vs  afterschool: ducktales, gooftroop, gargoyles, darkwing duck, mighty ducks, simpsons, tail spin, im forgetting a few as after school programs were a lot more ever-changing.  but all n all as much as i dislike disney, they were pretty midas with their cartoon programs in the 90's.

its too bad dragonball z that aired at 6am didnt come around till around 99-00'  that would have given the morning line up a much better chance

Best two morning cartoons of the early 90s were the Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain. I remember watching those two almost every day before rushing to catch the school bus. 

After school in that era I was a big Tail Spin fan. When that plane flew sideways between those two cliffs in the intro, that was awesome. Used to immitate that move with Lego airplanes all the time. I think The Simpsons only went into afternoon syndication a little later (96 or 97 ish?).

Mr. Rogers, Mr. Dressup, Sesame Street, Romper Room...those are the ones I remember when I was a tiny tot.

When I was little, I started with:

Goodman03A_SuperFriends.gif

fat_albert.jpg

flintstones-family-retro.jpg

new_scoow_doow_7704.png

Honorable mentions: Quick Draw McGraw/El Kabong, Yogi Bear, Space Ghost, Bullwinkle ,Captain Caveman, etc...

As I got a bit older, it then became:

transformers.jpg

GIJoeHeader.jpg

He-Man.jpg

Thunder_Cats_screen.jpg

dungeons-dragons-3.jpg

Honorable mentions (cause I don't feel like looking up anymore pictures...and it only allows me to post so many): Gobots, Smurfs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gummi Bears, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Bionic Six, Muppet babies, Inspector Gadget, etc, etc, etc....

And of course, the thing we all watched:

Bugs_Bunny_Tweety_Show.jpg

funny thing is now on adult swim, some of the cartoon comedy shows are exactly like that fireball XL5 as far as the style and quality goes.

I've only caught Adult Swim a few times but thought it was a fantastic advancement of cartoon media.  Surprised no one has mentioned Ren and Stimpy.

Stop the Smoggies, Captain Planet and James Bond jr, were some of my favourites as a kid. They don't make shows like they used too.

captain planet was epic,  always made me laugh the south american kid monte was given heart as his ring of power, so its like what can u do?  oooh just a flame thrower (fire), earthquake (earth), tsunami (water), tornado (wind)..... and u heart?  ugh.. talk to monkeys?

giving the eco-villains their own rings to make captain pollution was a nice touch too