Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice Official Trailer

Logan007

I wasnt impressed after the teaser but I am now.

DC is playing catch-up big time and I think they have screwed a lot up.  Given the choice between giving Snyder the ball and making Man of Steel the DC Universe template versus Nolen and the Dark Knight, they made the wrong choice.

Just like with Star Trek and Terminator, the mistake in wiping out an entire series of films (in this case the Batman Begins trilogy) is a mistake.  The idea that Ben Affleck is an aged Batman doesnt ring true to me.  Dye his hair grey, sure, but who considered Affleck an "older" actor?  Man of Steel was awful.

The fact DC TV and films wont have any continuity and will, in fact, contradict each other is such a terrible idea.  Short sighted. 

On the flip side, DC isnt doing "origins".  They dont have time, being so far behind Marvel.  The benefit DC has is that their heroes are more "iconic" so everyone knows many of the origins.  And it appears they will reference Batman's parents' deaths anyway.

I think Affleck looks great as Batman/Bruce Wayne.  And the movie looks good.

DC is playing catch-up big time and I think they have screwed a lot up.  Given the choice between giving Snyder the ball and making Man of Steel the DC Universe template versus Nolen and the Dark Knight, they made the wrong choice.

Just like with Star Trek and Terminator, the mistake in wiping out an entire series of films (in this case the Batman Begins trilogy) is a mistake.  The idea that Ben Affleck is an aged Batman doesnt ring true to me.  Dye his hair grey, sure, but who considered Affleck an "older" actor?  Man of Steel was awful.

The fact DC TV and films wont have any continuity and will, in fact, contradict each other is such a terrible idea.  Short sighted. 

On the flip side, DC isnt doing "origins".  They dont have time, being so far behind Marvel.  The benefit DC has is that their heroes are more "iconic" so everyone knows many of the origins.  And it appears they will reference Batman's parents' deaths anyway.

As far as movies go I didn't mind Man of Steel.  But it pales in comparison to Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy which I consider the best "comic book" movies ever made.  Would have been perfect if they didn't get Christian Bale to utter his Batman lines in such a bizarre tone/fashion.  As far as this one goes I'll give Affleck a chance, though I'm not sold on him.  More looking forward to Fantastic Four this summer.

As far as movies go I didn't mind Man of Steel.  But it pales in comparison to Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy which I consider the best "comic book" movies ever made.  Would have been perfect if they didn't get Christian Bale to utter his Batman lines in such a bizarre tone/fashion.  As far as this one goes I'll give Affleck a chance, though I'm not sold on him.  More looking forward to Fantastic Four this summer.

Odd considering Nolan's Batman is as far away from an actual comic book movie that you can get.  More of a crime movie with a guy dressed up as a bat then a comic book movie.

And Fantastic Four looks like garbage.  I'd rather watch the first 2 movies then this crappy reboot.

First trailer not a big deal...glowing eyes Batman...but this one much better.

Who are the red capes though? Supe has 1 red cape.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Who_said_the_redcoats_are_coming_the_redcoats_are_coming

I think it's a take on this.  American revolutionary war and Paul Revere.  

Right.  Did you see those guys that looked like nazi's with Superman logo's on their shoulders?  I think they're what's being called the "red capes".

Odd considering Nolan's Batman is as far away from an actual comic book movie that you can get.  More of a crime movie with a guy dressed up as a bat then a comic book movie.

And Fantastic Four looks like garbage.  I'd rather watch the first 2 movies then this crappy reboot.

Fox sure needs this FF movie to be a hit if they are serious about creating their own cinematic universe with the FF, X-men and Deadpool all showing up in the same film one day.

Am I missing something? Rich guy that studied martial arts,is pissed about his parents death and had some fancy technology vs the son of krypton that can fly, burn things with his eyes and reverse the spinning of the earth?

Well you'll have to see the movie to see how Batman can be a threat to Superman.  But the inclusion of some sort of special Batsuit and Kryptonite in the trailer is likely a big clue.

Am I missing something? Rich guy that studied martial arts,is pissed about his parents death and had some fancy technology vs the son of krypton that can fly, burn things with his eyes and reverse the spinning of the earth?

Well now you bringing up the only bad part of Supe 78.

After some pretty good X-Men movies I've always felt like do we really need another version(F4) even if it predated X-Men?

Well now you bringing up the only bad part of Supe 78.

After some pretty good X-Men movies I've always felt like do we really need another version(F4) even if it predated X-Men?

Fox is determined to make a go of FF with the idea of doing a FF/X-Men cross over.  Supposedly they are talking Singer into helming the cross over.  So it could be good.

I judge the original Superman films on the era they were made.  I dont mind the spinning around the earth because it was a great effect at the time and shows the sheer power of Superman in contrast to his father telling him he was forbidden to interfere - and Superman went right ahead and interfered about as much as possible by turning back time.  Sure, it made no sense and would have killed everyone on Earth, but for the time period, I think it worked. 

We're a more judgmental audience now and those kinds of logic holes get picked apart.  Bob Orci would have excelled as a writer in the late 70's/early 80's where his brand of mindless action and massive plot holes would have been over-looked.  In fact, SONY also wanted to make an expanded Cinematic Universe around the Spider-man character but Orci helped kill it with his lousy scripts.

I long wished they had used Christopher Reeve one last time before he died.  The "Death of Superman" story would have made a great film. In fact, it would have made a great introduction to an expanded Universe with the Justice League trying to fill his role.  Start the movie with news broadcasts of the Superman vs Doomsday fight, distant shots, choppy etc.  CGI Reeve as Superman.  Show him in a hospital bed, Reeve playing the role as the crippled and dying Clark Kent.  When he finally is "re-born", its whatever actor they want to use.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/holy-batman-centric-dccu-batman-warner-bros-in-love-with-ben-affleck

Interesting tidbits:

Over the weekend, word got out that Warner Bros is ga-ga over Ben Affleck's turn as The Dark Knight in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. There was a private screening held for the film- a screening which drew a standing ovation, and a ton of excitement specifically aimed at Affleck's work as the Caped Crusader. The buzz coming out of the screening is that WB/DC are so high on this new take on the iconic character- who Affleck recently referred to as American literature's Hamlet- that they want to make him the cornerstone of the entire DC Cinematic Universe.

...some have questioned the studio's plans for the future, with numerous reports of things being somewhat loose...

Now that they're so confident that Affleck's Batman is "the definitive Batman," they can comfortably anchor the universe to him. Batman will be "the face" of the overall DC Cinematic world, much like Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man has the poster child for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/holy-batman-centric-dccu-batman-warner-bros-in-love-with-ben-affleck

Interesting tidbits:

Over the weekend, word got out that Warner Bros is ga-ga over Ben Affleck's turn as The Dark Knight in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. There was a private screening held for the film- a screening which drew a standing ovation, and a ton of excitement specifically aimed at Affleck's work as the Caped Crusader. The buzz coming out of the screening is that WB/DC are so high on this new take on the iconic character- who Affleck recently referred to as American literature's Hamlet- that they want to make him the cornerstone of the entire DC Cinematic Universe.

...some have questioned the studio's plans for the future, with numerous reports of things being somewhat loose...

Now that they're so confident that Affleck's Batman is "the definitive Batman," they can comfortably anchor the universe to him. Batman will be "the face" of the overall DC Cinematic world, much like Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man has the poster child for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Warner Brothers just doesn't get it. You can't shoe horn everything into a shared universe just because Marvel made it work. Fact is that none of the DC super hero movies have been all that great with the exception of the Nolan Batman movies (and the third one was pretty much a mess that only worked because of the goodwill the dark knight had built up) 

Batman is a pretty reliable movie character, I think that's been proven a few times in the past, but superman? Sorry but it just doesn't work in movie form for me, let alone when Batman and superman are supposed to be on the same kind of level in a team up movie. Just no way. 

They really should focus on making good stand alone movies first and then worry about your team up nonsense. Even the worst Marvel movies, which are probably the Thor movies are still pretty watchable.

I sort of disagree.  I think in this day and age, if you own properties that share a universe, you should keep that a shared universe.  I think it adds layers and creates emotional investment from the audience.  If all of Marvel's characters existed in different universes, the individual films might be nice, but they wouldnt have this epic scale to them.  I think thats partially why Spider Man stopped resonating with viewers (among other reasons). 

X-Men drifted away until they brought their two X-Men universes together.

Warner just didnt have a plan.  And when the Dark Knight trilogy was ending, the MCU was exploding and Warner was in a corner.  They had to play catch up.  The one thing they benefit from is that the public is probably more aware of the main DC characters' origins than the Marvel so they dont need to tell origin stories again.  Man of Steel was terrible.  Terrible story, terrible execution.

I assume Warner was wanting to move away from Bale for some reason because the obvious thing would have been to back up a Brink's truck to Nolan and Bale and have them build the DCUniverse around Bale's Batman and Nolan's vision.  Im not convinced Snyder is the man for the job but I loved Watchmen.  BvS looks great so fingers crossed.  And I think Suicide Squad looks great too (after initially being perplexed by the concept).

I think the real issue here is that regular movie studios are trying to make comic book movies where as Marvel is making movies with comic book characters. I don't really buy the scale of things and honestly I felt that the constant need to tie everything into Avengers can be a bit much sometimes. The other big issue is that because the dark knight worked so well with such a dark tone they wanted everything to be dark and gritty. Marvel really doesn't care about that, and they have no problem being in on the joke and ridiculousness of some of these situations. Sometimes a movie just needs to be a fun ride and it doesn't need to be a brooding super hero dealing with his internal emotional drama for 2 hours. You can have dramatic aspects sure but don't make it gloomy the whole way through. Throw a little lightness in.

i rewatched the hulk with eric bana, what a steaming pile of dook.  if i think back to the old captain america movie and the punisher(s) all 3 of them including dolph lundgren, marvel imp had a baaaad track record of movies until they did the spiderman movies with toby maguire, but sam raimi could be creditted more with that success just like nolan imo was better then burton with batman