Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice Official Trailer

Logan007

i rewatched the hulk with eric bana, what a steaming pile of dook.  if i think back to the old captain america movie and the punisher(s) all 3 of them including dolph lundgren, marvel imp had a baaaad track record of movies until they did the spiderman movies with toby maguire, but sam raimi could be creditted more with that success just like nolan imo was better then burton with batman

Prefer that movie to the reboot.

But they could easily have just used Bana for the next one.

i rewatched the hulk with eric bana, what a steaming pile of dook.  if i think back to the old captain america movie and the punisher(s) all 3 of them including dolph lundgren, marvel imp had a baaaad track record of movies until they did the spiderman movies with toby maguire, but sam raimi could be creditted more with that success just like nolan imo was better then burton with batman

The first 2 movies Marvel made on their own were The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton and Iron Man. All the comic movies before that were done by other studios, that includes all the spiderman movies as well. Which is sort of the point, Marvel studios has a track record where even their worst movies are still fun watchable flicks, it's the other studios that keep screwing up properties. Just look at how trash every fantastic 4 movie has been. 

How many Spiderman reboots are we supposed to endure?

They cancelled the previously planned Amazing Spiderman 3 & 4 movies. 

However a new Spiderman played by Tom Holland will reportedly appear in the next Captain America movie to come out in 2016 and his own solo movie as Spiderman in 2017.

So basically, as many reboots as it takes until they start losing a lot of money on the franchise ... 

It's a little more complicated with DC since they've been owned by Warner Brothers since the late 60's.

WB put out the original Superman & Batman movies but the DC Entertainment company didn't get involved with comic book movies until Batman Begins.

I really appreciate what Ang Lee was doing with the Hulk.  It was like a comic strip come to life.  I didnt mind it.  But it did help show Marvel what didnt work.

They cancelled the previously planned Amazing Spiderman 3 & 4 movies. 

However a new Spiderman played by Tom Holland will reportedly appear in the next Captain America movie to come out in 2016 and his own solo movie as Spiderman in 2017.

So basically, as many reboots as it takes until they start losing a lot of money on the franchise ...

They won't reboot Spidey for a long time now that it's part of the MCU. That would ruin the way they set up their movies.

was dc movies like superman and those god awful batman movies like forever and batman n robin done in similar fashion? like other studios dropping the ball?

tv wise i think dc has translated better then on the big screen

The Superman films had some rights issues over the years.  I have to run soon so I dont have time to refresh my own memory but its an interesting story.  There's a whole other Superman 2 out there (The Richard Donner cut) because the director was canned after filming a bunch of it.  Superman 3 was hindered by the studio wanting to cash in on Richard Pryor's popularity and not being able to make a deal with Gene Hackman (it did have the cool Kent vs Superman fight though) Christopher Reeve wanted the films to get back to more serious but there were rights issues and whatnot.

I always maintained they should have done Superman vs Doomsday but begin the film, almost in prologue fashion with breaking news clips of the epic battle using Christopher Reeve in CGI form and then use him in a hospital (this was after the actor had been crippled) and let him do the farewell/death scene.  He was a very good actor when he had good material.  Would have been emotional.  And then the films sees the resurrected younger, stronger etc Superman.

I think it really just comes down to WB and other studios not seeing the potential of superhero films that take the source material seriously and really present it as "what if superheroes existed in our world".  Even Tim Burton's Batman wasnt very good as far as modern superhero films.  It was interesting visually and had good performances but that whole series was very flawed.

Superman as a concept is very difficult because of his power.  They show him saving cats from trees and rounding up minor thugs and its like really, thats what he spends his time on?  The question for him should be what is his purpose on Earth?  Do rid the world of nukes (ugh)?  Destroy ISIS?  Stop 9/11?  Or help little old ladies across the street?  And why is a little old lady in Metropolis more important than a little old lady in Fargo?  Or Dubai?  The weight of being Superman is the underlying foundation of the character but its hard to bring it to life.

Personally, I liked Superman Returns a lot more than Man of Steel. 

It's part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe now, so this should be the last time. At least for a very long while.

This is what really annoyed be about DC's decision to go with a new Batman.  TDK Trilogy was so good and Bale was good and we were all invested in it emotionally and then they start over?  Hate that.  Im glad to hear they want to lock Affleck up as the Robert Downey of DC.  Although it does make you wonder why they went with an "older" Batman if they want to get 6-10 films out of him.  I guess if they are smart they can eventually tell the Return of the Dark Knight story.  I like Affleck and think he will be really good.

It's part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe now, so this should be the last time. At least for a very long while.

This is what really annoyed be about DC's decision to go with a new Batman.  TDK Trilogy was so good and Bale was good and we were all invested in it emotionally and then they start over?  Hate that.  Im glad to hear they want to lock Affleck up as the Robert Downey of DC.  Although it does make you wonder why they went with an "older" Batman if they want to get 6-10 films out of him.  I guess if they are smart they can eventually tell the Return of the Dark Knight story.  I like Affleck and think he will be really good.

Affleck is the same age Downey was when he did the first Iron Man (Affleck will be 43 when Batman vs Superman comes out.  Downey was 43 when the first Iron Man came out).

Granted, I don't think they had the complete foresight of what the Marvel Universe would become when they made that first Iron Man movie in 2008. 

It also begs the question.  Now at 50 and moving in on 10 years later, how much longer will Downey be able to keep playing Iron Man?

Affleck is the same age Downey was when he did the first Iron Man (Affleck will be 43 when Batman vs Superman comes out.  Downey was 43 when the first Iron Man came out).

Granted, I don't think they had the complete foresight of what the Marvel Universe would become when they made that first Iron Man movie in 2008. 

It also begs the question.  Now at 50 and moving in on 10 years later, how much longer will Downey be able to keep playing Iron Man?

I think the real question is, how long is Marvel willing to keep paying Robert Downey Jr.? The guy doesn't come cheap anymore and I believe Marvel has already said they're quite comfortable just re-casting characters... now obviously with that one it's going to be tough because people just associate RDJ with Tony Stark and I dunno if they'd just accept a new guy. But when they can take obscure stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy and make big money maybe they just stop using Iron Man entirely for a while. 

I think the real question is, how long is Marvel willing to keep paying Robert Downey Jr.? The guy doesn't come cheap anymore and I believe Marvel has already said they're quite comfortable just re-casting characters... now obviously with that one it's going to be tough because people just associate RDJ with Tony Stark and I dunno if they'd just accept a new guy. But when they can take obscure stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy and make big money maybe they just stop using Iron Man entirely for a while. 

If they're going to let him walk, they might just wait till phase 4 after the Infinity War.  Or do you let the character get old, and forego the comics and let him pass the torch instead?  I doubt it but it's just a thought.

If they're going to let him walk, they might just wait till phase 4 after the Infinity War.  Or do you let the character get old, and forego the comics and let him pass the torch instead?  I doubt it but it's just a thought.

I believe his contract expires after Infinity War so that would be when they do it. I think most of their phase one stars contracts are up after that. They locked them all in for 6 movies.