UFA and RFA

Ducky

If anyone out there thinks he is going to sign a 5 year deal, I have some swamp land and a bridge for sale you should buy.

6 years at 8, 8, 7, 6,5, 4.

6 years for 38m and a caphit of 6.333 m.

You have a captain and then Trouba or Scheifele will take the C.

If I'm the Jets, I don't like more than 4 or 5 years, max, in term for Ladd, and I'd say an AAV of 5-5.5m. Start him at 6, but it's gotta get lower as he goes. You don't wanna be paying this guy more  than 3 or 4 TOPS by the end of his deal...

Then he wouldn't sign here, it's as simple as that.

I don't see anybody on the roster or in the ranks of our prospects who can fill Ladd's shoes by 2016-2017.  So that means you're dipping into the UFA market.  And if you think you're going to get a better player from there, or a better deal, it's just not going to happen.  Sometimes you have to bite the bullet on a slightly unfavourable deal when you don't have anyone ready to step up and take their place.

If anyone out there thinks he is going to sign a 5 year deal, I have some swamp land and a bridge for sale you should buy.

6 years at 8, 8, 7, 6,5, 4.

6 years for 38m and a caphit of 6.333 m.

You have a captain and then Trouba or Scheifele will take the C.

I think this is probably the closest to what will happen.

Who is going to sign Ladd to that kind of money long term? Who has A, the cap room to do it and B the need for a guy like that in his 30s? He has more value to WInnipeg than anyone else.

It depends on the market.  If he was a UFA this year he would have cleared 7 mil.

Who is going to sign Ladd to that kind of money long term? Who has A, the cap room to do it and B the need for a guy like that in his 30s? He has more value to WInnipeg than anyone else.

It depends on the market.  If he was a UFA this year he would have cleared 7 mil.

Who would have signed him? You're not answering my questions. Who is going to give Ladd that kind of deal? The only guys to get that kind of money this year in free agency are young players, one ROR, is a massive over pay but he's young and the other is a near 40 goal scorer. FA was way down this year and it's because the cap didn't move much. People signed some stupid deals in years past expecting the cap to keep rising at a fast rate and that didn't happen and it caught a lot of teams without a lot of wiggle room. 

Ladd as popular as he apparently is among Winnipeg fans is not someone teams target at the kind of money being talked about here. Too old and simply not good enough to be the target for that kind of money. Everyone would love a guy like Ladd.... at the right price. over 6 million for 6 or 7 years is not the right price. 

Florida that can barely pay the bills and Buffalo who had other targets? You're not even trying you're just throwing names out there with no basis in reality. I'll say it again, Ladd has more value to Winnipeg than he does anywhere else. 

Florida that can barely pay the bills and Buffalo who had other targets? You're not even trying you're just throwing names out there with no basis in reality. I'll say it again, Ladd has more value to Winnipeg than he does anywhere else. 

lol well if CapGeek still existed this would be much easier.  I just think that he would have gotten at least 6 mil when you look at Frolik getting 4.3 as a baseline.  How much more would someone pay for Ladd, who is obviously the superior player in pretty much every way?  You gotta think the price tag is $6 million or more, for at least 5 years.

lol well if CapGeek still existed this would be much easier.  I just think that he would have gotten at least 6 mil when you look at Frolik getting 4.3 as a baseline.  How much more would someone pay for Ladd, who is obviously the superior player in pretty much every way?  You gotta think the price tag is $6 million or more, for at least 5 years.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WIN

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WIN

Thanks.  Is this site accurate?  There's a few sites out there with numbers but I think most of them were pulling from CapGeek and they're kinda struggling now that it's gone.

Who would have signed him? You're not answering my questions. Who is going to give Ladd that kind of deal? The only guys to get that kind of money this year in free agency are young players, one ROR, is a massive over pay but he's young and the other is a near 40 goal scorer. FA was way down this year and it's because the cap didn't move much. People signed some stupid deals in years past expecting the cap to keep rising at a fast rate and that didn't happen and it caught a lot of teams without a lot of wiggle room. 

That's part of it. The other part is that there weren't any top notch players available. It's much easier for teams to hold the line on FA paydays when there's nobody worth a bidding war available.

I don't think Ladd would have gotten $7M per in FA though. I'd give him 6ish and 6 years. The term doesn't scare me. He's been very durable throughout his career and doesn't strike me as a guy who would coast once he's been paid.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Perreault-Scheifele-Stafford

Burmi-Lowry-Armia

Thorburn-Petan-Stemp?

Halischuk, Peluso

Enstrom-Myers

Trouba-Buff

Chiarot-Stuart

Morrissey, Pardy, Harrison

Pavelec-Hutchinson-Hellebuyck

Would like to see Stu traded.

I think Postma is a good guy to have around as depth.  He is used to playing in the NHL at this point and he can step into a top 4 type of role if one of our guys go down.  I'm more comfortable with him on the second PP unit than I would be with say, Chiarot, Stu, Harrison, or Pardy.