Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

The first minute of that trailer reminded me of Tremors.

Meh. Not sure this is going to be anything but bad. Hope it's not. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the original all the way through. But from what I’ve read this sounds like a better take on a “re-boot”.  Sounds connected to the original.  So...sort of a Ghostbusters The Next Generation.  

ive always said that when reviving an older beloved franchise you can’t really-boot. You have to have it feel more like a sequel.   In that vein I even wonder if the next Bond will be the usual re-boot with a new actor or continue with the new 007.  

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the original all the way through. But from what I’ve read this sounds like a better take on a “re-boot”.  Sounds connected to the original.  So...sort of a Ghostbusters The Next Generation.  

ive always said that when reviving an older beloved franchise you can’t really-boot. You have to have it feel more like a sequel.   In that vein I even wonder if the next Bond will be the usual re-boot with a new actor or continue with the new 007.  

Yes, I don't dislike the approach. But, kids handling this type equipment, car starting 30 years after going into storage... I just feel like it's going to be messy. 

It's "Ghost Busters: Stranger Things"... Love me some Rudd, but I don't like that it's about some kids. Also doesn't seem like a comedy, the way the originals are. I have been really looking forward to seeing this trailer but I'm very underwhelmed with what I've seen. 

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, I don't dislike the approach. But, kids handling this type equipment, car starting 30 years after going into storage... I just feel like it's going to be messy. 

Yeah, wasn't it hard enough for the adults to handle the equipment, never mind young skinny teenagers?  They always looked like it was a difficult thing to hold when they used them never mind the weight of the actual equipment.  And I'm not even touching on what you're talking about in regards to letting young kids handle...basically nuclear weaponized backpacks.

I'm intrigued by this new one,   the last one wasn't that bad but I found the women to be mostly annoying rather then charming and funny.  

What I don't like is the kids playing with the proton packs... I'm hoping Rudd and some of the old cast come back to use it.   Also how does a kid not know about ghosts....  you'd think the fact that the statue of liberty walked around town and a giant marshmallow attacked New York would be forever legendary.   

I understand the change in tone since 80's cartoonish comedy isn't really big these days.   I'm just hoping this isn't all about the kids because they'll definitely miss on a tonne of nostalgic fans wanting more of what they liked about the originals.  

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They already released that info that the cast is coming back ... not sure how much involvement. 

virtually everyone but Moranis is back for this.......but I'm sure limited involvement from most.

Edited by Noeller