The Star Trek Thread!

On 2020-05-15 at 10:35 AM, iHeart said:

Here is more:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-release-date-trailer-cast-timeline/amp

This will be refreshing and nostalgic at the same time:

"One of the biggest departures for Strange New Worlds will actually be a return of sorts. Since 2017, new Trek series have focused on heavily serialized seasons in which each episode must be watched in order to avoid being totally confused. Strange New Worlds is poised to return to stand-alone, episodic stories, a type of sci-fi storytelling that defined The Original Series and The Next Generation."

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Here is more:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-release-date-trailer-cast-timeline/amp

This will be refreshing and nostalgic at the same time:

"One of the biggest departures for Strange New Worlds will actually be a return of sorts. Since 2017, new Trek series have focused on heavily serialized seasons in which each episode must be watched in order to avoid being totally confused. Strange New Worlds is poised to return to stand-alone, episodic stories, a type of sci-fi storytelling that defined The Original Series and The Next Generation."

clapping applause GIFclapping applause GIF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Truthfully, I've reached a point where I really don't care if Discovery comes back or not.  The plot lines are confusing & hard to follow. There's going to be a Captain Pike series which we hopefully see before 2028. It's been 16 months since the last episode of Discovery.

Now they're in the 31st century. That akin to a Vikings ship going into the future to take on a modern destroyer.  If they never came back would that series really be missed? Especially with such wide time gaps between seasons???

Trek fans used to ***** about Enterprise not having enough firepower to take on the aliens they encountered.  Especially their first season. Now we have Discovery with a thousand year old technology taking on civilizations in the far future.  And yet somehow Discovery will still find a way to win. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JCon said:

Has anyone else watched the first episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks? 

I thought it was funny and am curious where it will go. 

I think it's a fantastic idea, but it probably would be better if they didn't just make everyone yell all the time and pretend that's comedy. 

• 4 weeks later...