2015 CFL Schedule

gbill2004

Argos play 6 times in the last 5 weeks of the season with 5 of the games at home.  No reason for the Bombers not to have a better record than them this season to get a potential crossover spot.  They have so much stacked against them - worst schedule in the league, crappy practice facilities, indifferent fanbase and probably the lowest budget in the league.  Bombers just have to make sure they can beat out one of the Riders or BC.

The CFL really should have a rule/policy where there needs to be at least 5 days between games.  Four days between games isn't good for player safety or the on-field product.  Just look at the NFL's Thursday Night games...they're are terrible games with no offense. 

I agree. But sadly until Toronto gets their **** together, this is what we'll probably have to work with.

Nah, it's Edmonton also. They used to play the follow up to the Monday LD game in Calgary on Friday just 4 days later in Edmonton. Now it's on Saturday. Why can't it be on Sunday? Look at the schedule & ask yourself the same question especially since BC & Ottawa are on longer layoffs & one (RedBlacks) coming off a bye during the LD weekend. Why can't they play that game on Sunday to give the players proper rest & recovery? It's because the Esks don't want it that way. They didn't even want the game moved to Saturday but I think the Stamps organization put up a big stink about it after so many years so they reluctantly did.Yet the CFLPA says nothing. Ottawa at BC could have played Saturday & Calgary vs Edmonton on Sunday but nope that would have made too much sense. 

I had a look at how many times each team plays on 4 days rest.   We lead the way at 4 times (in each case the first game is on the road).

In the West, BC, Calgary and Sask all do it twice while Edmonton does it once.

In the East, Ottawa and Toronto do it 3 times and Montreal and Hamilton do it once.   Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal all have one game on 3 days rest.  (The Labour day home and home between Toronto and Hamilton is on 3 days rest so at least its the same for both teams)

For 3 of our games on 4 days rest, our opponents have 5 days rest.  The other opponent will have 6 days rest (Cgy).

Only once do we face a team playing on 4 days rest and they are at home for both of those games so don't have any travel to worry about. (Cgy)

Penton is saying the argos season opener is in fort macmurray alberta. Umm what? and they don't play in Toronto until Aug 8th. WTF.

This is, without any doubt at all, the stupidest thing that's been done, in any way, in any sport, in my life.

I agree. Of all places, why Fort McMurray?
Probably sell more tickets there then Toronto, sadly. Nowhere else is available in Toronto at that time either as venues are being prepared for the Pan Am games.

Fort Mac may be getting three games. Sask-Edm preseason game, Toronto-Edm regular season game and the possibility of a BC-Edmonton preseason game as BC PLace may not be available due to the Women's World Cup. That game could also be played in Victoria though, but nothing confirmed yet.

No stadiums in Atlantic Canada? It'd be nice to increase the CFLs exposure there considering they're expected to get a team soon.

Maybe its time to just start blaming the cities. QC/Halifax...build something already!

Guys like Rids (I've had talks with him about this elsewhere) think it's great we play games in far flung places like Fort Mac with 5,000 seat facilities. I don't as we just look so damned bush league. 

With expanded seating the place will seat more - 10,000 or so by the looks of things.  About the same as some of those exhibition games they played in the Maritimes (think Halifax and possibly Moncton without the temp seats) several years ago.

Edit:  I think Moncton blew their chances at any further games, exhibition or regular season, by not selling out the last 2 regular season games there, the latter at a reduced capacity no less.

Guys like Rids (I've had talks with him about this elsewhere) think it's great we play games in far flung places like Fort Mac with 5,000 seat facilities. I don't as we just look so damned bush league. 

With expanded seating the place will seat more - 10,000 or so by the looks of things.  About the same as some of those exhibition games they played in the Maritimes (think Halifax and possibly Moncton without the temp seats) several years ago.

Edit:  I think Moncton blew their chances at any further games, exhibition or regular season, by not selling out the last 2 regular season games there, the latter at a reduced capacity no less.

So, Moncton doesn't get any more games as they just sold 18,000 tickets their last game there  but Fort Mac does because maybe they'll sell 10,000? 

That's really too bad. I'm moving to the east coast this summer, so would have been nice to see a game there. Closest I could get to is Montreal which will be 9-10 hours away.

That's really too bad. I'm moving to the east coast this summer, so would have been nice to see a game there. Closest I could get to is Montreal which will be 9-10 hours away.

Is your family moving out there? Be a good time to make a break from being on the Dark Side as a Rider fan & join US as a Bomber fan now. ;)

Is your family moving out there? Be a good time to make a break from being on the Dark Side as a Rider fan & join US as a Bomber fan now. ;)

Haha, you guys are too kind :). I must remain under Emperor Taman's power though :lol:

Doesn't Quebec City make more sense than Fort McMurray?

hotbed of three down football, good college team, graduates in the CFL……

Fort MacMurray. 

CFL trying to prove it really is a bush league after all.

Only makes sense if Laval would allow it and they are against the CFL coming to Quebec City.

Fort Mac just built a brand new field

Big deal. 

But how was that new field financed? Was it done with help from the Esks at all with the condition that a game gets played there? There's a lot of people in Fort Mac temporarily who live in Calgary or Edmonton, this is probably just the Esks trying to make sure that market spends their non cocaine disposable income on the CFL as opposed to other sports. No one is thinking of putting a CFL team in Fort McMurray, it's all about Edmonton marketing to everyone in norther alberta. 

Fort Mac just built a brand new field

Big deal. 

But how was that new field financed? Was it done with help from the Esks at all with the condition that a game gets played there? There's a lot of people in Fort Mac temporarily who live in Calgary or Edmonton, this is probably just the Esks trying to make sure that market spends their non cocaine disposable income on the CFL as opposed to other sports. No one is thinking of putting a CFL team in Fort McMurray, it's all about Edmonton marketing to everyone in norther alberta. 

Send them free tickets to an Esks game. There's always 25,000 empty seats. ;)

Don't think they had intended on playing a regular season game there just the pre season game. Makes sense that they are holding the Argo regular season game there. Everything will still be set up and ready to go no extra expenses in having to get a facility in another part of the country ready.