And Here We Thought Jay Cutler Was A Tool. Then There's Johnny Manziel

iso_55

I usually pull for high profile qbs to succeed just because of what they're in for. The big money & all the trappings & problems that come with it, the pressure to take over their team & the expectation of being the saviour, having to play well to justify why a qb was taken in the first round & more. But this guy? Like Cryin Ryan Leaf, I hope he crashes & burns. Manziel's doing a great job of that so far. This guy is no & will never become another Peyton Manning. Hell, he won't even become another Geno Smith the way he's going. Man, if Johnny Football was my son, I'd slap him upside the head & say, "Smarten up!" Me thinks he has too many Yes Men in his entourage telling him what he wants to hear instead of what he needs to hear.

Mike, you love manziel? why? 

I've never seen a more dislikable player.

Did you see the picture of him in the bathroom in Vegas?  yeah, great guy.

as far as football is concerned, he's

too weak, too small, too slow, (can't outrun NFL linebackers)  can't  throw, doesn't understand the playbook, can't read a defence, can't take a hit, (lasted one and one quarter games, before getting hurt) bad footwork, bad decision making, bad influence.

Even I knew that before he was drafted. Why couldn't the Browns figure it out? 

Merrill Hoge was also right about Tim Tibow. One of the few sports talk guys that said Tibow was not an NFL quarterback.

The media has somebody they hype every year in the states. this year it was this guy.

first comment at the link said it all

"He might as well throw a party. He sure as hell can't throw a football."

Hope we never see this ass in the CFL. Rebuilding his ruined career. Please do not bring this person to the CFL.

After  Bridgewater "fell" cause he had one bad day, I saw an interview with Kurt Warner, who does not B.S. He said "the eye in the sky does not lie" he watched a lot of tape for teddy bridgewater, and Kurt said he was certainly the best quarterback of the bunch. and now they're all saying that.

Zimmer, coach of the Vkings really like Teddy, and I believe that Zimmer does not B.S. either.

Teddy ball game would of been 1st overall pick without the bad pro day. Hopefully they get AP back next year and a another recieving threat. If I was the Vikes I would see if i could get Gordon from the Browns. With Norve Turner offence and a Zimmer D the future is bright.

I like his style.

Style, what style? He's partying himself out of the NFL the way he's going. Right now, there aren't 31 teams in the NFL who'd pick the guy up on waivers because of  the way he has approached the game, his bad attitude, lack of NFL skills at the qb position to be successful & that huge contract.

Joe Namath used to party but at least he backed it up on the field. The guy was hung over & still beat the Baltimore Colts in SB III back in 1969. Got back to his hotel at 5:30 in the morning. Not saying that this is the lifestyle any player should emulate but he went out & played in the biggest game of his career. Manziel couldn't even make it to his last practice.

I do like the line, "He might as well as throw a party because he can't throw a football'. LOL!

Teddy ball game would of been 1st overall pick without the bad pro day. Hopefully they get AP back next year and a another recieving threat. If I was the Vikes I would see if i could get Gordon from the Browns. With Norve Turner offence and a Zimmer D the future is bright.

yes,  

And it would be great to see Ian Wild starting in the secondary for the Vikings…. I think they are not satisfied with some of their secondary players.

I like his style.

Style, what style? He's partying himself out of the NFL the way he's going. Right now, there aren't 31 teams in the NFL who'd pick the guy up on waivers because of  the way he has approached the game, his bad attitude, lack of NFL skills at the qb position to be successful & that huge contract.

Joe Namath used to party but at least he backed it up on the field. The guy was hung over & still beat the Baltimore Colts in SB III back in 1969. Got back to his hotel at 5:30 in the morning. Not saying that this is the lifestyle any player should emulate but he went out & played in the biggest game of his career. Manziel couldn't even make it to his last practice.

I do like the line, "He might as well as throw a party because he can't throw a football'. LOL!

At least get your facts right. He didn't skip a practice, he missed a treatment session for an injury.

I like his style.

At least get your facts right. He didn't skip a practice, he missed a treatment session for an injury.

Read the story. Better yet, I'll help you out. Fifth paragraph down where it said Manziel never made it to either his physical therapy session or walk thru (practice) Saturday.

Talk about due dilligence... Or a lack thereof. Surely the Browns knew Manziel wasn't a committed football player, played in a system at Texas Tech where he could freelance & extend plays but wouldn't be able to do that in the NFL. That he had a reputation as a party boy. When a team is throwing around tens of millions of dollars you'd think they'd know Manziel cold before they drafted him. Now if they did & drafted him anyway then they deserve to suck as an organization for the next 10 years. The kid's a bust & will be out of the NFL in another year or two. Even if he smartens up & becomes a model professional football player he has too many physical deficiencies in his game to ever be a success long term as a starter. 

I listen sometimes, to kfan on 740 Fargo, or 710 Bismark, from nine till noon, it's hosted by the Vikings radio play by play guy.

Lot of Vikings and NFL discussion. Sometimes pretty funny.

This AM they were discussing  Captain, thought he had some good some bad games, and will be back, last chance with Vikings next season.

They also are familiar with the CFL. and not negatively.  cause of Bud I suppose.

Manziel needs amongst other things, to spend a lot of time in the weight room. He's small and weak, compared for instance to Russell Wilson, who is really solid. as is Briese.

Already last night,  after his little speech a few days ago… Manziel was getting hammered in Miami bar, making an ass of himself. The sooner he's gone the better.  Imagine what Warner, arena league player, who scratched his way  to the hall of fame,  thinks of this fool.

I listen sometimes, to kfan on 740 Fargo, or 710 Bismark, from nine till noon, it's hosted by the Vikings radio play by play guy.

Lot of Vikings and NFL discussion. Sometimes pretty funny.

This AM they were discussing  Captain, thought he had some good some bad games, and will be back, last chance with Vikings next season.

They also are familiar with the CFL. and not negatively.  cause of Bud I suppose.

Manziel needs amongst other things, to spend a lot of time in the weight room. He's small and weak, compared for instance to Russell Wilson, who is really solid. as is Briese.

Already last night,  after his little speech a few days ago… Manziel was getting hammered in Miami bar, making an ass of himself. The sooner he's gone the better.  Imagine what Warner, arena league player, who scratched his way  to the hall of fame,  thinks of this fool.

Or any other starting qb in the NFL or CFL where they had to work to get there. Not handed a ton of money as a first rounder just to piss away the opportunity.