Game 27 : Avs @ Jets

Expendable: of little significance when compared to an overall value, and therefore able to be discarded

I think you got my point. If not I suppose I could type it out really slowly.

But generally to the point Buff as a trade has greater value to the jets future than he has now. Potentially. You can never know for sure. Law of diminishing returns versus value you get back in trading high. Not difficult concept.

The only way you trade Buff is if he doesn't want to be here and from all accounts, that is not the case. From what i've heard, he enjoys playing here, he likes being 3 or 4 hours from home, he enjoys playing in this market, he's having a good time out there, ever been to a practice? if not, should go, the guy having the best time is buff, the guy loves it here... big fisherman too, enjoys the ice fishing too, the guy is a good player and a difference maker, i wouldn't trade him and the only way i do is if he wants to be traded which i don't really think he does.

Want to talk about trading guys? I'd honestly, probably not now but in the off-season, i'd look at moving Kane and Enstrom. 

As for picking up brunner, nobody did so what does that tell you. 

I'd trade anyone if the return was right. But Enstron would be as close to an untouchable as we have. He gets a bad wrap from people but he's our best D man and plays a ton of minutes.

Hate rehashing this again but I ove buff. My point is he's the right player at the wrong time. He brings the most value back right now. In three or four years not so much.

Expendable: of little significance when compared to an overall value, and therefore able to be discarded

I think you got my point. If not I suppose I could type it out really slowly.

But generally to the point Buff as a trade has greater value to the jets future than he has now. Potentially. You can never know for sure. Law of diminishing returns versus value you get back in trading high. Not difficult concept.

Seriously zero point to you being as condescending as you are in almost every thread here. Stick to your opinions and cut this other BS out.

I'd trade anyone if the return was right. But Enstron would be as close to an untouchable as we have. He gets a bad wrap from people but he's our best D man and plays a ton of minutes.

Hate rehashing this again but I ove buff. My point is he's the right player at the wrong time. He brings the most value back right now. In three or four years not so much.

What value exactly does he bring back?

Maybe its just me but for someone that seems to have a really strong opinion of trading someone you dont seem to have any plan or idea what you want or expect to get in return. 

Value in 3-4 years?  Well thats whats drafting and developing is for.

Are you kidding Mike? You often come across condescending when it comes to football talk. At least you're right 99% of the time. If someone makes a post in my direction I'm going to reply. Just as you do. I'm not being condescending at all. I've never quoted the dictionary at a someone who spoke in general terms that everyone clearly understood. If you disagree great. But I'm always in favour of intelligent And reasonable discussion

I actually don't have a really strong opinion about trading buff. It's that I made a suggestion and a couple of you bit back so hard you're sort of putting me in the position of defending the point I made. It makes it seem like I'm strongly in favour of it. I'm not. I do however think if the jets feel the need to make a trade that Buff is their best trade asset. He has the highest value right now. His age and physical condition make his value diminishing in the next few years. He's a UFA after next season. He's publicly stated he wants to be D not forward. I think these are all great points to consider when discussion trade potential of Jets players. I'm not making this a hill to die on.

I'm not sure which thread but I did reply with potential returns for a buff.

Are you kidding Mike? You often come across condescending when it comes to football talk. At least you're right 99% of the time. If someone makes a post in my direction I'm going to reply. Just as you do. I'm not being condescending at all. I've never quoted the dictionary at a someone who spoke in general terms that everyone clearly understood. If you disagree great. But I'm always in favour of intelligent And reasonable discussion

I actually don't have a really strong opinion about trading buff. It's that I made a suggestion and a couple of you bit back so hard you're sort of putting me in the position of defending the point I made. It makes it seem like I'm strongly in favour of it. I'm not. I do however think if the jets feel the need to make a trade that Buff is their best trade asset. He has the highest value right now. His age and physical condition make his value diminishing in the next few years. He's a UFA after next season. He's publicly stated he wants to be D not forward. I think these are all great points to consider when discussion trade potential of Jets players. I'm not making this a hill to die on.

I'm not sure which thread but I did reply with potential returns for a buff.

Sure you're making this a hill to die on...why don't you go back and re-read all the posts you have made, probably a dozen where you insist that trading Buff is the best thing for the Jets to do, now or off season. Doesn't matter who has another opinion, you haven't changed yours one iota. All you try and do is defend your indefensible position. I tried to tell you to let it go and all you did was come back with an insult. GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!

I'm my. Everyone here attacks my suggestion to trade buff. I reply and then I'm told to give it a rest. Don't discuss trading buff and I want reply about it. Lol.

I've said repeatedly of the team continues to play well that they should not trade him this season. But they will have to discuss that possibility in the off season. Or are you suggesting they let buff leave as a UFA?

I'm my. Everyone here attacks my suggestion to trade buff. I reply and then I'm told to give it a rest. Don't discuss trading buff and I want reply about it. Lol.

I've said repeatedly of the team continues to play well that they should not trade him this season. But they will have to discuss that possibility in the off season. Or are you suggesting they let buff leave as a UFA?

You've said that and pretty much everything that's possible to say. Heck, you called him expendable after he'd played a good game on D.  We get what you're saying, but there's more than one perspective to your argument.  For example, it's important to be reasonably competitive while building for the future.

You've said that and pretty much everything that's possible to say. Heck, you called him expendable after he'd played a good game on D. We get what you're saying, but there's more than one perspective to your argument. For example, it's important to be reasonably competitive while building for the future.

I definitely agree with this. I actually argued strongly against trading him a couple years ago on another forum. He's the most unique talent in the NHL.

And while I felt pulling the trigger earlier this season was a good idea I was wrong about the jets ability to get back on track. You can't trade him when you're in the picture as they are now.

But it's not ludicrous to say a decision will have to be made sooner or later.

You seem to shoe-horn trading Buff into every post, even when it's hard to argue it's tangentially related to the rest of the content.  In case you are puzzled by the blow back you are getting (is what I've observed reading thru this (and most of the other) Jets threads).

Well I did it as a joke in a couple of posts.

The most interesting pressing concern regarding Buff is what to do with him when Enstron and Bogo are healthy. Am I correct that he's playing left D currently?

The Sheriff's point on the Big Show was you keep him on D because it's easier to acquire a top nine forward than a top four D.

Enstron-Bogo

Buff-Trouba

Stuart/postma/Chairot (who is making a case for NHL work)

That's pretty solid.

The most interesting pressing concern regarding Buff is what to do with him when Enstron and Bogo are healthy. Am I correct that he's playing left D currently?

The Sheriff's point on the Big Show was you keep him on D because it's easier to acquire a top nine forward than a top four D.

Enstron-Bogo

Buff-Trouba

That's pretty solid.

Just curious - what's the rationale behind breaking up Trouba and Stuart?

Enstron-Bogo

Buff-Trouba

That's pretty solid.

I like them together but some would say Stuart is punching above his weight class as a top 4 D.  I think he's a steady guy that has been really good for Trouba's development.

But if everyone is healthy AND you keep Buff on D, im not sure what else you can do.  Traditionally Buff played RD with Enstrom.  Last season they had Bogo playing LD with Trouba and its felt playing his off-side contributed to a poor season for Bogo.  So if we assume Buff has to play with Enstrom because Enstrom is the best at playing with Buff, then Bogo moves down but if he has to play RD then that means Trouba either switches (which they didnt do last year so lets presume they dont want to do that) or moves down to the bottom pairing which isnt going to happen.  Buff seems comfortable playing either side.  So you could have him with Bogo and Enstrom with Trouba.

In short, out of Bogo, Enstrom, Trouba, Buff or Stuart, who's moving down?  Stuart.

Whe everyone is healthy, I would like to see...

Enstrom/Bogo

Stuart/Trouba

Buff/Chiarot

Thats a lot of money to pay a 5/6 D.  And then do you risk making him unhappy.  There was already talk that Buff at 3RW wouldnt give him enough minutes (it probably would have with special teams play and ultimately he moved up to 2RW anyway).  Chairot might be playing Postma into the press box though.

Enstron-Bogo

Buff-Trouba

That's pretty solid.

I don't think Trouba needs Poppa Stu anymore.

Trouba has been unreal the last few games.  He's making a case for consideration as our top D and he's what, 20?  Unreal. Hope to see him in a Jets jersey for 20 years.

Heard an interview with the Icecaps' PBP guy and he said he doesnt think Chairot will be sent back down, that he will continue to play too well.  Great problem to have.  I was lobbying for Postma as trade bait before the season began, then he played really well, then cooled off. 

Enstrom, Bogo, Buff*, Stuart, Trouba, Chairot, Postma, Clitty, Pardy.  Nice problem to have.  With that being said, you'd think they'd almost have to move Buff back up front and enjoy the wealth of D-men for awhile.  Clitty might be hard to trade with his contract.  Postma would get us something back.  Maybe we could rob the Oilers of a forward.