Mike Gibson

blitzmore

No comment about our "organizational review" & how long it's taking...

Because Ottawa jumped the gun and axes someone asap? Come on Iso, you're better then this..

Hey SPuDs, I guess I want to see some changes & not the status quo. I really do believe changing the coordinators needs to be done. I'm actually concerned it will be status quo coordinators wise going into training camp. What's your thoughts?

My thoughts are that this happens every year. Every time another team makes a move, you use it as an opportunity to complain that the Bombers are not.

How about we just discuss the move Ottawa made instead of using it to take potshots at our management?

The smart move would be to not make a move until there is someone better and ready to sign before they let go of anyone.

I don't mind the Bombers waiting. I'd like to think our fanbase is smart enough to not need an immediate firing to give the impression that work is being done. 

That said, there's something to be said for giving the co-ords as much time as possible to find new work. 

And based on their results, I think Etch and Bellfool will need LOTS of time. 

Because Ottawa jumped the gun and axes someone asap? Come on Iso, you're better then this..

Hey SPuDs, I guess I want to see some changes & not the status quo. I really do believe changing the coordinators needs to be done. I'm actually concerned it will be status quo coordinators wise going into training camp. What's your thoughts?

My thoughts are that this happens every year. Every time another team makes a move, you use it as an opportunity to complain that the Bombers are not.

How about we just discuss the move Ottawa made instead of using it to take potshots at our management?

Okay.

Okay.

Where's the fun in that?

I am just not surprised by this either, that jerk Rick Campbell made Mike Gibson a scapegoat here for his problems, just like Lapolice did to Barresi.  If he goes out and hires another Gary Crowton, ohhhh boy, I will pity the fans in Ottawa.  Rick Campbell the greater evil still runs the team.

I am just not surprised by this either, that jerk Rick Campbell made Mike Gibson a scapegoat here for his problems, just like Lapolice did to Barresi.  If he goes out and hires another Gary Crowton, ohhhh boy, I will pity the fans in Ottawa.  Rick Campbell the greater evil still runs the team.

Not Campbell. Desjardins. Why do you hate Rick Campbell so much? A non descript HC on a team two thousand miles away who, like us didn't make the playoffs? Did he steal your Halloween candy or something? I think it's pretty obvious that Campbell is in waaay over his head but he's never said anything derogatory about the Bombers like his boss did. He doesn't come across as an arrogant bastard & know it all like his boss does. He shows every respect to every team he's coached. And he seems like a decent guy who should have stayed in Calgary as he had a great gig as DC there. Bad career move, I think. But you're the only one I know anywhere who has an actual hate on for Rick Campbell & it makes no sense. 

iso_55, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:25 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:11 PM, said:

Not Campbell. Desjardins. Why do you hate Rick Campbell so much? A non descript HC on a team two thousand miles away who, like us didn't make the playoffs? Did he steal your Halloween candy or something? I think it's pretty obvious that Campbell is in waaay over his head but he's never said anything derogatory about the Bombers like his boss did. He doesn't come across as an arrogant bastard & know it all like his boss does. He shows every respect to every team he's coached. And he seems like a decent guy who should have stayed in Calgary as he had a great gig as DC there. Bad career move, I think. But you're the only one I know anywhere who has an actual hate on for Rick Campbell & it makes no sense. 

And why are you such a big old fanboy of this clown?

And oh please don't even start with that stilly "GM hires and fires Offensive Coordinators".  No no no, that's utter baloney.  Are we the only fans who don't know the hierarchy of hiring and firing coaches?

And oh please don't even start with that stilly "GM hires and fires Offensive Coordinators".  No no no, that's utter baloney.  Are we the only fans who don't know the hierarchy of hiring and firing coaches?

Seriously dude, seems you won't answer my question Why do you hate him so much? I think your hatred for someone not even associated with the Bombers who has never said a bad word about us is baloney. 

I am just not surprised by this either, that jerk Rick Campbell made Mike Gibson a scapegoat here for his problems, just like Lapolice did to Barresi. If he goes out and hires another Gary Crowton, ohhhh boy, I will pity the fans in Ottawa. Rick Campbell the greater evil still runs the team.

And oh please don't even start with that stilly "GM hires and fires Offensive Coordinators". No no no, that's utter baloney. Are we the only fans who don't know the hierarchy of hiring and firing coaches?

Seriously dude, seems you won't answer my question Why do you hate him so much? I think your hatred for someone not even associated with the Bombers who has never said a bad word about us is baloney.

Maybe Gibson slept with his wife

iso_55, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:34 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:32 PM, said:

I don't hate him, but everyone who watches his games has a right to bag on him if he's making bad calls on that sideline.  You think I'm the only one who does?  Hell no, hell I go to other forums and I see fans calling for him to go and some even advocating they hire Bellefeuille to replace him.  Again that's not coming from me, it's other fans who want that.  Just because someone criticizes a head coach for not doing his job right doesn't mean they hate him, any fan can suggest moves the Redblacks can make to get better.

And btw, I think Desjardins is terrible and should go too, but unless I see definitive concrete proof that he was the lone triggerman in the Gibson firing, I'm not buying that Rick Campbell didn't call it.

Football coaches are hired to be fired everyday.  That's the nature of the business.  So Gibson got canned? Who cares? It doesn't make Campbell The Big Evil. From what I can surmise this was probably a directive from Desjardins. The offense wasn't good enough but who got the players, especially those wretched receivers for Campbell? That's Desjardins. 

I don't hate him, but everyone who watches his games has a right to bag on him if he's making bad calls on that sideline.  You think I'm the only one who does?  Hell no, hell I go to other forums and I see fans calling for him to go and some even advocating they hire Bellefeuille to replace him.  Again that's not coming from me, it's other fans who want that.  Just because someone criticizes a head coach for not doing his job right doesn't mean they hate him, any fan can suggest moves the Redblacks can make to get better.

And btw, I think Desjardins is terrible and should go too, but unless I see definitive concrete proof that he was the lone triggerman in the Gibson firing, I'm not buying that Rick Campbell didn't call it.

Proof? Who cares? It's the freaking redblacks. They were an expansion team yet they thought going into the season that they'd win 8 or 9 games & make the playoffs. Didn't happen so back to the drawing board. 

iso_55, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:53 PM, said:

Proof? Who cares? It's the freaking redblacks. They were an expansion team yet they thought going into the season that they'd win 8 or 9 games & make the playoffs. Didn't happen so back to the drawing board. 

Good, then no need to get high strung because someone thinks their coach should be fired

iso_55, on 15 Nov 2014 - 1:53 PM, said:

Good, then no need to get high strung because someone thinks their coach should be fired

I'm not high strung about Campbell. You're the one going off on him, not me. Not just here either but on other threads. I'm just asking why. 

Yeah absolutely true, Dee. but the difference between USA & myself is that I have an investment as a fan in OUR team. Not the redblacks. **** the redblacks. I don't care how many games they win or lose. I don't care if Gibson got fired. He left a winner in Calgary to go to a sure loser in Ottawa so he knew this could happen. In Calgary, he could have coached there another 10 years. He gave up the security of an OL coach on a winning team to be an OC for a losing team so I don't feel sorry for him.  It was his decision & **** happens,

Those fans aren't very smart.