Section S and the beer snake returns!

Mr. Perfect

Great marketing ploy I guess. Just wondering if any of the fanatics as they are called stayed away for the last two years. Here another great one which Miller might consider which might be a novelty here, a decent team on the field?

So you really believe Miller is not committed to putting a better team on the field?

It would appear not quite as much as bringing in the beer snake since that was his first public item of business.  Don't you agree if they don't take this rebuilding seriously it will take a lot more than beer snakes to sell tickets? I don't care about beer snakes, I just don't want to keep hearing it will take another two years when we have heard that for years. Hamilton got it done in one year even after suspending Chris Williams and Edmonton who were with us last year could end up 13-5. 

the beer snake was brought up because they put out the season ticket renewal info and obviously some sections will be a bit different next year. Wait until the end of the freakin regular season before going nuts about about the moves he isn't making for next yeah.

Oh sorry, I guess I forgot we were playing this week but can't remember who. So why did Miller not wait until the end of the year?  According to you if it only happens next year why announce it today? 

Could very well be that reason right there. Makes sense if it is, I mean gotta think about this a little bit, What if theres a family out there who have been sitting in these 2 sections and they are renewing their tix say next week or tomorrow or really, whenever.. Probably best to let them know in advance that maybe just maybe they should consider getting tix in a different section because next season this section is going to be changing a wee bit. Does the timing make sense? It depends, maybe it would make more sense to announce this at a later time but... if people are already renewing their tix for next year right now or tomorrow or a week from now, probably good to let them know in advance, then they can decide, hmm maybe i'll get tix elsewhere instead. Would suck if you went down to the office to renew your tix in those 2 sections and they told you, oh yeah you realize this is going to be the rowdy beer snake allowing section? Kind of puts those people in a bit of a tough situation, this way i guess, maybe they can discuss where they want to sit in advance instead of having to do it on the spot? I dunno. 

I'm starting to think in the past that the MLCC was just an excuse for them not to allow pre-gaming and all this stuff. MLCC seems to be a bit more relaxed these last few years. 

One would assume MLCC signed off on this. Not sure why they'd have to exactly tho. 

I don't really get the point, Why would MLCC be against "beer snakes". 

The same people who were drinking this year are gonna be the same people who are drinking next year too, not sure why MLCC would actually matter here.

Are beer snakes illegal? Is it illegal to stack your cups? Cuz i mean, If they sold dixie cups of water, i could hypothetically create a "dixie cup water snake". 

As someone who doesn't care about the beer snake or section S one way or another, I find it extremely nitpicky to be upset that they happened to announce a change in policy.  How are people supposed to know otherwise?  Seems like the introduction of a "student" section is something that people would have to know about for it to actually work.

Bringing back Section S is fine.  Making any sort of announcement about juvenile bahaviour changes the story to that specific thing and endorses said behaviour.  A wiser course of action would have been to simply say they want Section S to be as fun and engaged as it used to be and will not be looking to enforce rules abour harmless behaviour if its just people having a good time.  The problem now is, the "beer snake" is now a "thing" and will dominate a lot of coverage at the beginning of next season.  If anyone gets hurt or causes a fight as a result, Wade will have to then rescind the policy change.  Its just silly.  I find it kind of embarrassing.

Oh yeah good idea...announce that they are not going to enforce rules for harmless behaviour...great idea....not

Missed the point.

The point is that saying something that general leaves people wondering "so what is the harmless behaviour that they are not going to enforce?"

Theyd find out pretty quick, no?

ok you think so? and that is a good way for them to find out? Here is the press release...The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Club is pleased to announce that we will NOT be enforcing rules for harmless behavior....if you want to know what those are....wait and see!. Yes in your mind I guess that is the way for them to find out. Not too hard to see you have never made up any rules and figured out a way to enforce them or not.

Use your head, use some common sense, use a little logic and maybe stop smoking whatever it is you're smoking.  Obviously I didnt mean they should word it that way.  There's a way to say hey we want our fans to have fun at our games and we arent going to be nazi's about it.  Quite frankly, I wouldnt say anything.  I'd handle it internally and move on.  Then when some yahoos start a beer snake, they will notice security doesnt puff out their chests.

Seems to me you are the one without logic. You didn't like the way they handled the snake announcement, then you say they should announce that they are not going to enforce rules for harmless behavior, I try to show you that you can't say things that way because it means nothing, then you say you don't get the point, but you don't offer your own version of a proper press release, then you say you wouldn't say anything which totally defeats what they are trying to accomplish with the announcement, and now you get downright nasty. Have a nice day!

Someone had the cornflakes pissed in I see.  If you cant grasp the point, there is no reason to dumb it down for you.

As someone who doesn't care about the beer snake or section S one way or another, I find it extremely nitpicky to be upset that they happened to announce a change in policy.  How are people supposed to know otherwise?  Seems like the introduction of a "student" section is something that people would have to know about for it to actually work.

Bringing back Section S is fine.  Making any sort of announcement about juvenile bahaviour changes the story to that specific thing and endorses said behaviour.  A wiser course of action would have been to simply say they want Section S to be as fun and engaged as it used to be and will not be looking to enforce rules abour harmless behaviour if its just people having a good time.  The problem now is, the "beer snake" is now a "thing" and will dominate a lot of coverage at the beginning of next season.  If anyone gets hurt or causes a fight as a result, Wade will have to then rescind the policy change.  Its just silly.  I find it kind of embarrassing.

Oh yeah good idea...announce that they are not going to enforce rules for harmless behaviour...great idea....not

Missed the point.

The point is that saying something that general leaves people wondering "so what is the harmless behaviour that they are not going to enforce?"

Theyd find out pretty quick, no?

ok you think so? and that is a good way for them to find out? Here is the press release...The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Club is pleased to announce that we will NOT be enforcing rules for harmless behavior....if you want to know what those are....wait and see!. Yes in your mind I guess that is the way for them to find out. Not too hard to see you have never made up any rules and figured out a way to enforce them or not.

Use your head, use some common sense, use a little logic and maybe stop smoking whatever it is you're smoking.  Obviously I didnt mean they should word it that way.  There's a way to say hey we want our fans to have fun at our games and we arent going to be nazi's about it.  Quite frankly, I wouldnt say anything.  I'd handle it internally and move on.  Then when some yahoos start a beer snake, they will notice security doesnt puff out their chests.

Seems to me you are the one without logic. You didn't like the way they handled the snake announcement, then you say they should announce that they are not going to enforce rules for harmless behavior, I try to show you that you can't say things that way because it means nothing, then you say you don't get the point, but you don't offer your own version of a proper press release, then you say you wouldn't say anything which totally defeats what they are trying to accomplish with the announcement, and now you get downright nasty. Have a nice day!

Someone had the cornflakes pissed in I see.  If you cant grasp the point, there is no reason to dumb it down for you.

You must have quite the high IQ score because I can't really grasp the point either. 

You suggested the Bombers make an alternate announcement then the one that they did.   But you haven't really said what that announcement should be to illustrate how it would have made more sense and been done in a better way.