Very interesting article about the oline and schemes

blitzmore

Isn't the problem here a lack of cooperation & coordination with abdication and command and control leadership dominating? Like was there was no collaboration but instead perhaps a power struggle?

I can just imagine something like the line coach saying: " we could do this to make our blocking schemes better" then the OC says "Nope, that's not how I am going to run our offense" while MOS stands back leaving it to his Expert Coordinators, and all the while the peasant players stand around scratching their heads and shrugging their shoulders ... I don't think we are a cohesive "team" yet with everyone pulling equally on the oars

It's been discussed before, but it's exactly what happened to Montreal in 2007. Their OL looked like crap under MB's scheme and Calvillo got brutalized. They changed coaches and put in better protection schemes and all of a sudden they had the best OL in the league.

IMO our OL has less talent last season yet looked better.

The max protect schemes worked for Montreal because:

a) They had a QB who could throw into tight coverage effectively

B) The running game was effective enough to keep the D off balance

Don't forget the Super Slots.

I thought what went on in Montreal stayed in Montreal...oh you said slots.  My bad.

Isn't the problem here a lack of cooperation & coordination with abdication and command and control leadership dominating? Like was there was no collaboration but instead perhaps a power struggle?

I can just imagine something like the line coach saying: " we could do this to make our blocking schemes better" then the OC says "Nope, that's not how I am going to run our offense" while MOS stands back leaving it to his Expert Coordinators, and all the while the peasant players stand around scratching their heads and shrugging their shoulders ... I don't think we are a cohesive "team" yet with everyone pulling equally on the oars

'We will work harder'

17to85, on 30 Oct 2014 - 4:41 PM, said:

DR. CFL, on 30 Oct 2014 - 4:22 PM, said:

Enough of the blame game. We apparently hired the best o line coach on the planet and sent the worst one to Calgary? What's wrong with that picture. Be it poor talent, poor schemes, poor coaching, poor play calling.....enough the end result? Poor production, poor protection and poor football. The big thinkers, Miller, Walters, and O'Shea watched it and our responsible for it and not it's time to see how they plan on fixing it.

I thought you said enough of the blame game?

Hypocrisy blatantly stated by a tool in that post.  As if it's Wade Miller's job to fix the O-line lol

Perhaps the old dogs on the oline, morley janaury can't be taught new tricks? 

Our oline has been poor for a long time and those 2 have been the main stays on it for a long time.

I have to agree with those who are talking about MB in Montreal with AC, got him killed, destroyed night in night out... Saw the same stuff this year.

Can't teach old dogs new tricks whether it be players or coaches.