Jets Lineup?

Floyd

I'd keep Petan for nine games. But the jets have a glut of bottom six guys.

Yeah but Petan has more skill than all those guys combined. I mean really..

Thorburn? Peluso? Slater even, how long will he be healthy for, Tangradi, These are guys that, well quite frankly they are what they are. Petan has more skill than all of them combined. He's been the best player on the ice this pre-season. 

Well it's not a surprise to me but after the coach's comment last night about guys who should not be here,Tangradi has been put on waivers.

And the first thought to my mind when he said that was Tangradi.

Thorburn? Peluso? Slater even, how long will he be healthy for, Tangradi, These are guys that, well quite frankly they are what they are. Petan has more skill than all of them combined. He's been the best player on the ice this pre-season. 

Well it's not a surprise to me but after the coach's comment last night about guys who should not be here,Tangradi has been put on waivers.

good to hear, don't need scrubs or guys like that on the team. Comes a time where some guys gotta crap or get off the pot, happy to hear tangradi has been put on waivers. Honestly, after last nights debacle, i'm surprised more guys haven't been but it really was just one game but... Honestly,  Tangradi, Ellerby,Clitsome even (maybe ill  give him the benefit of the doubt a bit with his injury he had but..) have all looked pretty awful. 

I agree that Petan has a lot of talent. But you have to take some thing a into consideration. Scheif looked great in preseason a couple years ago but was sent down. Regular season is different. Grind of a long season is different. If Petan stayed and slumped 15 games in, he ends up not playing at all. And then you risk stunting his development and hurting his confidence. Plus you've used a year of his entry level contract.

Petan needs to be an upper third line guy at least. If he could go to the Rock I'd keep him for sure. But he can't. So he's going to go back to junior. He will make the team next year.

good to hear, don't need scrubs or guys like that on the team. Comes a time where some guys gotta crap or get off the pot, happy to hear tangradi has been put on waivers. Honestly, after last nights debacle, i'm surprised more guys haven't been but it really was just one game but... Honestly,  Tangradi, Ellerby,Clitsome even (maybe ill  give him the benefit of the doubt a bit with his injury he had but..) have all looked pretty awful.

I was at the game last night and Tangredi, Clitsome, and Thorburn looked absolutely awful. They were getting beat every which way imaginable. I suppose Clitsome is around for depth, but Peluso does everything Thorburn does better and at a cheaper price. I fits pumped in the middle of a meeting today when I saw that Tangredi was on waivers though.

Tend to agree with the post above, thought they all looked like garbage too. But, it does tell you something that when we had the 5 on 3 in the last minute and a bit that the line on the ice had Thorburn and Slater on it, PoMo was definitely sending a message as they played the entire last minute and a half of the game. 

Jets actually looked pretty damn good tonight vs the Flames, pretty much dominated them. We should have 3 very good lines actually, perreault is such a under the radar free agent signing, he's going to do very good things with us. That Kane Scheif Wheeler line is as legit as any number 1 line in the league and ladd little and whoever they play on the right side is pretty good too. Kept the shots down this entire pre-season so the defense first approach seems to be working, most the other teams shots have come on the power play. Pav looks much better than last season too, better rebound control and positioning it seems. This team could make some noise this season. 

Interesting to note that during the game on walrus and odor or lawless and order or whatever  they call it, lawless stated the Jets were in the hunt for Nick Leddy from Chicago, ultimately got traded to NYI, apparently the Jets didn't want to give up one of Helle or Comrie so that's why they didn't trade for Leddy. Chicago wanted one of those 2 in return plus a few other prospects not mentioned, Jets said no thanks. Apparently right in on it until the end though. Isles offered up the goalie prospect, Jets weren't willing to part. Leddy would have looked good here though. Minnesota boy on a good contract for this season and still an RFA after this season.  Another interesting note there is Helle had his first start for St Johns the other night and got a shut-out. 

Morrissey wasn't playing as well as they had hoped. And when a young kid doesn't play up to snuff in camp and preseason there is no reason to take a chance on him in the regular season. He will get tons of playing time and probably world junior experience now.

Surprised we didn't keep ehlers and/or petan for 9 games but I guess the line up is locked in. Save their 9 games for next season.

We have a pretty good top 9 forward group actually so i understand why ehlers or petan weren't kept.  Those guys aren't bottom 3 players, they are top 6 or top 9 at the least.

I think they both showed the could play but.. i suppose a year in junior, a year to see what this team does, we will see what happens, next training camp should be quite interesting with all the prospects beating down the doors, nice thing next year tho is guys like petan and morrissey can be sent to st johns instead of junior. Ehlers will probably have to play another game in junior unless he bulks up significantly. 

• 2 weeks later...

The injury to Kane has really impacted our forward depth.  The Big Show had a good discussion this morning about Thorburn (who I mentioned in another thread).  I think the use of Thorburn is a weakness of this franchise where they want to be the nice, family oriented team.  Im sure Thorbs is a great guy.  He works hard.  I didnt mind his contract because I figured they were rewarding a great character guy by giving him a career contract where he'd continue to be a character guy making the locker room a great place while he played 50-60 games on the fourth line.

But the fact he's the guy that moves up to the third line?  Come on.

The reason we signed Galiardi was for forward depth.  Use him.  Halischuk is the number two option and has more finish then Thorbs.

I saw somewhere else where it was suggested to recall Ehlers for 9 games to replace Kane.  I didnt think that was possible, but apparently it is.  That wouldnt be my first choice but it wouldnt upset me either.  Personally, I'd recall Klingberg and use his size and speed on 3RW way before I'd put Thorbs there.

The improvement this year was supposed to be precipitated by the fact we could roll three scoring lines.  Out of the gate now and we seem resigned to the third line being a glorified checking line.  Not good enough.

LOL. it's been 3 games and 2 vs 2 of the best teams in the leauge the last 5 years, san jose played 2 games and gave up no goals in those 2 games, it's not like we were playing against bottom feeders here, the fact we finished 1-2 on that very tough road trip to open the season, and 2 of those games on back to back nights, pretty decent.

Anyone expecting the Jets to beat the kings and sharks, maybe i was hoping they could beat the Sharks cuz i didn't think the Sharks would be very good this year, but then i remembered the sharks only suck in the playoffs, they dominate the regular season....

1-2 on a tough 3 games in 4 nights trip is a pretty decent start to the season really. Injuries suck tho. 

Anyone who believes the Jets to be anything better than an AHL team needs to really examine the depth and talent level of that team....the operative aspect here is OBJECTIVELY.

I can objectively say they are better than any AHL team that has ever existed. Aren't doctors supposed to be a little more rational than that?

Honestly, if not for a couple breakdowns, the Jets easily and probably should have won these last 2 games. THE LAST 2 periods vs Calgary was concerning tho, looked like they could just care less, well everyone except wheeler and scheif at least. 

Jets probably aren't as bad as their record indicates thus far, they have for the most part out played the other team the last 2 games but are having a hard time scoring right now but with that being said, I don't think they are bad enough to get a top 3 pick, And honestly i feel they need that, preferably top 2 pick this year, probably can't go wrong with mcdavid or eichel... but.... who knows really. 

If it keeps up, it's time for some change, can't trade kane, he isn't part of the problem right now, but ladd? enstrom? buff? yeah i'd considering moving them for picks and prospects. 

Im usually a glass-half-full guy and while Rinne and Hillier were both good, the Jets have shown little effort and passion.  It raises the old question about the heart of the core of the team.  Blake Wheeler is out there fighting guys, cross checking guys, skating around with a scowl on his face.  What's Andrew Ladd doing?

Im usually a glass-half-full guy and while Rinne and Hillier were both good, the Jets have shown little effort and passion. It raises the old question about the heart of the core of the team. Blake Wheeler is out there fighting guys, cross checking guys, skating around with a scowl on his face. What's Andrew Ladd doing?

Collecting a pay cheque? The team definitely lacks leadership on the ice and on the bench.

Im usually a glass-half-full guy and while Rinne and Hillier were both good, the Jets have shown little effort and passion. It raises the old question about the heart of the core of the team. Blake Wheeler is out there fighting guys, cross checking guys, skating around with a scowl on his face. What's Andrew Ladd doing?

Collecting a pay cheque? The team definitely lacks leadership on the ice and on the bench.

Just curious, but based on what? I'm not necessarily defending Andrew Ladd but needed Leadership comes in many different forms other than smashing guys in the face and looking mean.