Should The Redblacks Start Joey Elliot This Week Against SSK?

USABomberfan

Bench Burris For Elliot  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Redblacks Start Elliot?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe not but he doesn't turtle under and play not to lose like old hank does.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DeMarco should be made full time starter next year, but he's out the rest of the year so that's a no go.  Put in Elliot and see what he's got.  Elliot's at least as good as Jonathan Crompton.  Yup I said it, he's at least that good if not better.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DeMarco should be made full time starter next year, but he's out the rest of the year so that's a no go.  Put in Elliot and see what he's got.  Elliot's at least as good as Jonathan Crompton.  Yup I said it, he's at least that good if not better.

We already know what Elliott's got. Nothing.

Could of said the same thing about Calvillo at this point in his career.

So far I've seen way more good in Elliott than bad, he just got shafted by having to work with morons here. Put him at a disadvantage for when he went to B.C., he would of had to unlearn the bad attitude our team forced on him and he would then have to unlearn the bad things our team taught him.

Could of said the same thing about Calvillo at this point in his career.

So far I've seen way more good in Elliott than bad, he just got shafted by having to work with morons here.

You honestly in all seriousness aren't comparing Elliott to Calvillo???????? Man, it seems that you actually  are. 

My call as coach

1.  Make Joey Elliot the starter in Ottawa for the rest of the season, let him showcase his talent.  If he showcases his stuff, release him at the end of the year and he gets picked up.  I believe he will go in Montreal this offseason and beat out Crompton for the starter job next year.

2.  Force Hank to retire in the offseason and name Thomas Demarco the full time starter this offseason and hand the keys completely over to him.

3.  Make a move to get John Bowman from the Als on the team to get beef on the defensive line.

4.  If Ernest Jackson is a free agent after this year, sign him, or some one If there are WR free agents.

5.  Cut Chevon Walker and offer a deal to us to get Carl Volny, since our coaching staff doesn't give him any carries.

Well, another **** poor showing by old Hanky Pank.  At first I was letting Rick Campbell off the hook for his coaching, but now I'm on board with crucifying him.  How many games does a coach gotta go through to see how awful a QB is.  Elliot is on your sideline and you gotta give that offense a boost.

STICK HIM IN

Well, another **** poor showing by old Hanky Pank.  At first I was letting Rick Campbell off the hook for his coaching, but now I'm on board with crucifying him.  How many games does a coach gotta go through to see how awful a QB is.  Elliot is on your sideline and you gotta give that offense a boost.

STICK HIM IN

Elliot isn't the QB you think he is.

He isn't even 2nd on their depth chart.  He wasn't put in for the series when Hank was forced to sit out for an injury.

Rich, on 27 Sept 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

USABomberfan, on 27 Sept 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

STICK HIM IN

Elliot isn't the QB you think he is.

He isn't even 2nd on their depth chart.  He wasn't put in for the series when Hank was forced to sit out for an injury.

Maybe not 2nd but he is on the active roster.  O'Brien came in I saw, and they let him throw what, 1 time?  Not a bad thing to only throw one pass for him, buy why stick O'Brien in anyway?  He's a rookie for god sakes, don't ruin him when he's in his Robert Marve stage, no no no, that's not how you do it.

Obviously, Campbell or whoever doesn't think Elliot is ready to go yet, maybe since he's still learning the Ottawa playbook, but you gotta let him go out there and at least pull something.

Burris has choked the life out of the O, he's as good as retired next year.  DeMarco looks like a future starter, but even he's had bumbles while filling in for Lulay just like Joey, and I don't care if it's an act of desperation, you're sitting out there with 1 measley win as the Als and Argos are starting to run away with your division.  If you're not desperate now, when will you be?  Stick Elliot in.

No expansion team was ever going to be a competitive team. Just not in the cards unless their GM is some kind of brilliant genius at recruiting american players (which obviously Desjardins is not) The big problem for them is that Desjardins thought that all he needed was a qb, that arrogance led to setting expectations higher. 

No expansion team was ever going to be a competitive team. Just not in the cards unless their GM is some kind of brilliant genius at recruiting american players (which obviously Desjardins is not) The big problem for them is that Desjardins thought that all he needed was a qb, that arrogance led to setting expectations higher. 

With the lead up that Desjardins had... over a year (?), he should have been able to find some gems - playing Dobson Collins and Marcus Henry as your main guys is just ridiculous.

Only good receiver they have is Wallace Miles and Mack/Walters scouted him.

Just scanning the scrap heap... Greg Carr, Jamal Miles would be upgrades over that crew

With the lead up that Desjardins had... over a year (?), he should have been able to find some gems - playing Dobson Collins and Marcus Henry as your main guys is just ridiculous.

Only good receiver they have is Wallace Miles and Mack/Walters scouted him.

Just scanning the scrap heap... Greg Carr, Jamal Miles would be upgrades over that crew

2 CFL drafts, expansion draft .. plus the year .. team would have been much better off with Glenn instead of blowing their wad on Burris.