Offense: Three Positives

Mark H.

1. Clarence Denmark. Great catches and 100% effort every game.

2. Drew Willy.  Improving every game...playing well with inconsistent protection

3. Chris Greaves.  For all the heat the OL takes, the left side is much better when he's in there

Consider this the MBB positive challenge...you know you can do it...

- Morely emerging as a very capable centre

- Goossen looked really good run blocking

- Double tight-end sets worked better this game

Yep, Goossen is starting to look better each game. 

Still wish we would have tried Neufeld at RT and Goossen at RG from the start of the season... schedule is getting too tight to try much new now

- Morely emerging as a very capable centre

- Goossen looked really good run blocking

- Double tight-end sets worked better this game

Yep, Goossen is starting to look better each game. 

Still wish we would have tried Neufeld at RT and Goossen at RG from the start of the season... schedule is getting too tight to try much new now

Neufeld was injured last night. Looked like a calf injury.

Drew Willy did nothing that showed he improved last game.

Willy continues to do very well for a rookie as a starter. Even last game, he did not panic and try to force the ball, and on one occasion, he was flushed out of the pocket but chose to pass rather than run. To me, that shows smarts and maturity. He came through when it mattered.He doesn't try to deflect responsibility, either- if anything he is too self-critical.

Keyword: "Improved" - He was already doing all those things well.

For me it's very tough to pick three things that showed positively last game. Was just expecting so much more out of every player.

- I can single out Denmark for playing great and the fact that we still can complete big plays, but beyond that... nothing.

SmokinBlue missed the point of this thread it seems... What part of 3 positives don't you get there BRO? 

For the Season, 3 positives in my opinion

- Drew Willy looks like he will be a very good QB in this league for a very long time.. He's better than anybody we have had since Khari really, Yup, I'd say his ceiling is definitely higher than Kevin Glenns was. 

- Ian Wild. - The guy is a beast, Long snaps, plays LB, hasn't taken a penalty this year yet, that's amazing... IMO, He is our Defensive MVP so far.. by far

- Mike O'shea. - Say what you will but, he's the best coach we have had since Dave Ritchie. Not really sure if we all truly understand how much of a difference having a coach that actually believes in his players is. 

I'm going to add a couple others... honorable mentions really

-Rory Kohlert

-Clarence Denmark

-Bruce Johnson 

-Maurice Leggett

- Teague Sherman

I remember when the season began or training camp ended, there were posters on this board saying we will have guys on this team this year (the cfl rookies) who won't be very good at all, Some even suggested none of them would be any good

Well, Leggett and Johnson have certainly proved those folks wrong. 

SmokinBlue missed the point of this thread it seems... What part of 3 positives don't you get there BRO? 

For the Season, 3 positives in my opinion

- Drew Willy looks like he will be a very good QB in this league for a very long time.. He's better than anybody we have had since Khari really, Yup, I'd say his ceiling is definitely higher than Kevin Glenns was. 

- Ian Wild. - The guy is a beast, Long snaps, plays LB, hasn't taken a penalty this year yet, that's amazing... IMO, He is our Defensive MVP so far.. by far

- Mike O'shea. - Say what you will but, he's the best coach we have had since Dave Ritchie. Not really sure if we all truly understand how much of a difference having a coach that actually believes in his players is. 

I'm going to add a couple others... honorable mentions really

-Rory Kohlert

-Clarence Denmark

-Bruce Johnson 

-Maurice Leggett

- Teague Sherman

I remember when the season began or training camp ended, there were posters on this board saying we will have guys on this team this year (the cfl rookies) who won't be very good at all, Some even suggested none of them would be any good

Well, Leggett and Johnson have certainly proved those folks wrong. 

I agree with this.  Willy has the potential to be the best QB in the CFL.  No doubt he's our QB for the next 5-10 years. 

My bias aside but Chris Randle might be the best player on this team.

Don't know that I agree with that. He's got plenty of competition from the rest of the defense. Washington gets a mention, Leggett probably deserves a mention, a healthy Sears might get a mention too. Wild for my money is just a damned solid football player too. 

This D has a lot of talent on it. Say what you will about Mack but the man knew how to find americans who could play in this league. Not so good at picking coaches, but as a talent finder he brought a lot of good pieces to this team. 

My bias aside but Chris Randle might be the best player on this team.

Don't know that I agree with that. He's got plenty of competition from the rest of the defense. Washington gets a mention, Leggett probably deserves a mention, a healthy Sears might get a mention too. Wild for my money is just a damned solid football player too. 

This D has a lot of talent on it. Say what you will about Mack but the man knew how to find americans who could play in this league. Not so good at picking coaches, but as a talent finder he brought a lot of good pieces to this team. 

Given the commitment to starting 2 - 3 Americans on the OL the last couple seasons...the American talent should be better there.