Blacks vs Cats and Rumpriders vs Boatmen

Awful call. Both going for it and the play call itself.

And if they'd got the 2?

Still bad - same if Edmonton had converted the fake punt. You trust the textbook for a reason.

If they'd got the 2 yards, it would have been genius. Sometimes the textbook isn't the only guide. Don't matter now.

And if they'd got the 2?

Still bad - same if Edmonton had converted the fake punt. You trust the textbook for a reason.

If they'd got the 2 yards, it would have been genius. Sometimes the textbook isn't the only guide. Don't matter now.

Sure it's not the only guide, but it's called the textbook for a reason. It's right more often than not.

And if they'd got the 2?

Sure it's not the only guide, but it's called the textbook for a reason. It's right more often than not.

You're probably right, but I thought with 2:36 left in the game and the way LeFevour had stolen momentum it was worth the risk. Ce la vie.

And if they'd got the 2?

You're probably right, but I thought with 2:36 left in the game and the way LeFevour had stolen momentum it was worth the risk. Ce la vie.

I understand the mindset. My thought is given it was a 7 point spread at the time, you punt and play the field position. Even if Hamilton advances the ball (which they did) you can still force a punt at the 40 or 50 yard line hypothetically and have a minute to work with on offence needing only a touchdown. The game was over essentially over barring a turnover as soon as the gamble failed as Hamilton needed only 10 yards to get into Medlock's range who is money to make it a 2 possession game.

And if they'd got the 2?

I understand the mindset. My thought is given it was a 7 point spread at the time, you punt and play the field position. Even if Hamilton advances the ball (which they did) you can still force a punt at the 40 or 50 yard line hypothetically and have a minute to work with on offence needing only a touchdown. The game was over essentially over barring a turnover as soon as the gamble failed.

True enough. Game over as soon as Ham got the ball back, however they got it.

Toronto is near the bottom of every defensive stat in the league. They're likely going to get blown out. Toronto doesn't have a chance to keep up considering Ray is playing with a bunch of clowns on offence with the exception of Coombs.

Ominous. I shall pray for a miracle. :-D

LMAO, Black making in sound like The 'Peg is half an hour outside of T.O. What a tool.

No, they are playing in SK, he meant down the highway from Regina.

He was talking about a guy from Winnipeg on the Argos "just down the trans-canada from Toronto".