Rushing QB

Clarky

It's not like Reilly slid on the ground head first, lay there for a couple of seconds, saw there was no whistle & got up & run again. He was down for only a split second, then got up & ran. It happened so quickly. The way I saw it, wasn't the ref's fault here. It was the Bomber defenders for not finishing the play as they hesitated. Of course, Reilly's going to get back up. 

So what you're telling us is that it was an intentional trick play by Reilly? If that's the case he had better watch himself in the future if he does that again!

I wouldn't call it a trick play. he stumbled, fell forward & got back up right away. At the same time, I don't think the tackling was very good on defense all night & sure he took advantage of it. The way I see it, he's going to get smoked at some point this season & get injured.

I take issue with what you're saying.

Reilly did not stumble.

He deliberately turned his body and was headed down when he saw Washington. To me, he was giving himself up to avoid Washington's hit.

I'm not even sure Washington didn't brush him.

And yes, he will get smoked if he continues like that.

Totally agree..he went down on purpose, and seeing as he didn't hear a whistle decided to get up and run again.

I'd have to look at the play to see if I think Reilly deliberately went down...

You can see the play on the last page, someone qued it up on the youtube video.

I agree that when a qb slides head first he isn't giving himself up. I remember a play a few years ago where Kevin Glenn slid head first (shockingl) and wasn't touched town so the play counted as a TD. I rememebr the AC slide where he fumbled too.

I don't think Reilly was sliding head first to advance the football, he was ducking under the hit and giving himself up. They should have blown it dead. If a defender Tee's off on him in that situation I agree they'd call it a penalty. Really playing with fire

or just take the word of everyone else who remembers the play... Reilly saw the hit coming and bailed out

No, I'll go watch the play myself & make up my mind. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. 

or just take the word of everyone else who remembers the play... Reilly saw the hit coming and bailed out

No, I'll go watch the play myself & make up my mind. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't.

Thanks for the update. Let us know when you've seen it

Thanks for the update. Let us know when you've seen it

10-4 Mission Control. Saw the play & he deliberately dove forward. Our defense let him  get up. It's up to our defenders to  finish the play & they didn't.