Zach Collaros has concussion and back injury

I have to say in every game I see ridiculous tackling attempts made by professional football players not bothering to use their arms to tackle but simply launching themselves like a missile at their target.  When they don't actually impale the opposing player they often strike a glancing blow and fall to the side or they completely miss their mark.  I liken this to a baseball player swinging for the fence with every pitch, trying to make a grand statement instead of executing the fundamentals of the game properly.  Turn tackling back into to tackling and penalize every missile launch as "spearing".

Interesting thought. The actually fundamentals of form tackling are changing to chest plate tackling, safe contact which is going to take some time, some commitment/buy-in and some tweaking before it works itself up to the professional leagues.

Getting back to the changes in rules concerning tackling I've seen the NHL implement some pretty drastic rule changes one season to the next and they usually use the "zebras" to carry out their dirty work.  The players may b*tch and moan about the changes but within the first 10 games they get the hang of it.

I have to say in every game I see ridiculous tackling attempts made by professional football players not bothering to use their arms to tackle but simply launching themselves like a missile at their target.  When they don't actually impale the opposing player they often strike a glancing blow and fall to the side or they completely miss their mark.  I liken this to a baseball player swinging for the fence with every pitch, trying to make a grand statement instead of executing the fundamentals of the game properly.  Turn tackling back into to tackling and penalize every missile launch as "spearing".

Interesting thought. The actually fundamentals of form tackling are changing to chest plate tackling, safe contact which is going to take some time, some commitment/buy-in and some tweaking before it works itself up to the professional leagues.

Getting back to the changes in rules concerning tackling I've seen the NHL implement some pretty drastic rule changes one season to the next and they usually use the "zebras" to carry out their dirty work.  The players may b*tch and moan about the changes but within the first 10 games they get the hang of it.

Difference is the NHL has 6 months & 84 games to rectify things. The CFL doesn't.

I feel sorry for Zack Collaros, hurt on a foul hit. Saw him on the sidelines on TV getting chewed out by Kent Austin that same game. I don't feel sorry for Austin and his QB dilemma though. Austin seems like a jerk. Hamilton set for a nose-dive this year.

Hamilton 2014 = Blue Bombers 2012. At least Lapo was somewhat likeable as a coach. I still think he shouldn't have been fired.

I feel sorry for Zack Collaros, hurt on a foul hit. Saw him on the sidelines on TV getting chewed out by Kent Austin that same game. I don't feel sorry for Austin and his QB dilemma though. Austin seems like a jerk. Hamilton set for a nose-dive this year.

Hamilton 2014 = Blue Bombers 2012. At least Lapo was somewhat likeable as a coach. I still think he shouldn't have been fired.
Cutting an all star calibre qb who threw for 49xx yards the previous season for a qb that played 6 games for an Argo team with a great o line and offensive weapons is second to Tillman trading away Ray.

Austin seems like a ****** bag. Qb takes him to greycup, gets released in the offseason. If Austin was a nice guy to his players I would have some empathy. Since it appears he isn't a nice guy, then he deserves to suffer for the decisions he made.

It's still very early, but ham looks like a train wreck

Cutting an all star calibre qb who threw for 49xx yards the previous season for a qb that played 6 games for an Argo team with a great o line and offensive weapons is second to Tillman trading away Ray.

Austin seems like a ****** bag. Qb takes him to greycup, gets released in the offseason. If Austin was a nice guy to his players I would have some empathy. Since it appears he isn't a nice guy, then he deserves to suffer for the decisions he made.

It's still very early, but ham looks like a train wreck

Is it really? Myself and most people here preferred Collaros to Burris, Willy, Glenn and any other available QB. There wasn't a single person who thought Steven Jyles was any sort of upgrade from Ricky Ray.

The only reason you say that is because of how awful Burke was. They did what they have done so many times in the past 20 years, they fired a coach and hired someone worse to replace him. Ritchie to Daley, Berry to Kelly, Lapo to Burke... Let's not fire O'Shea at the first misstep and maybe we can end that damned drought that makes everyone so crazy.

And yet you guys keep trying to pepper-bomb me for thinking Walters has to upgrade his o-line, even if it means giving up a solid national asset?

I agreed with you on that one. Protecting Willy is priority number one.

For serious tho.. Was there anyone even remotely suggesting otherwise? I don't recall a single post of "golly gee, I think our o-line is swell, best in the league,don't bring in anyone else!"

Kinda like standing in front of a raging inferno and saying "see, told ya it's hot!"

The only reason you say that is because of how awful Burke was. They did what they have done so many times in the past 20 years, they fired a coach and hired someone worse to replace him. Ritchie to Daley, Berry to Kelly, Lapo to Burke... Let's not fire O'Shea at the first misstep and maybe we can end that damned drought that makes everyone so crazy.

It was the timing of the firing for Lapo that was stupid!

Difference is the NHL has 6 months & 84 games to rectify things. The CFL doesn't.

I don't understand your point.  Both leagues have off-seasons to make rule changes.

And yet you guys keep trying to pepper-bomb me for thinking Walters has to upgrade his o-line, even if it means giving up a solid national asset?

I agreed with you on that one. Protecting Willy is priority number one.

For serious tho.. Was there anyone even remotely suggesting otherwise? I don't recall a single post of "golly gee, I think our o-line is swell, best in the league,don't bring in anyone else!"

Kinda like standing in front of a raging inferno and saying "see, told ya it's hot!"

Some are suggesting Canadian depth at receiver is more important.

• 2 weeks later...