# 26 Carl Fitzgerald

BigBlue

Fitzgerald, Carl

FB

I remember all the fanfare when we drafted Fitzgerald  ....big man good hands & receiver

Remembering the Patriots bg tight ends from yesteryear I am wondering if we couldn\t be using Carl a little more often as a regular part of our offensive schemes ....

National

6.05 253 1990-01-13

Saint Mary's

He is playing a lot of downs blocking on running plays. Its just a matter of time before they call his number in some of these double tights formations they have been running on first down.

I hate the double tight formation.

He is playing a lot of downs blocking on running plays. Its just a matter of time before they call his number in some of these double tights formations they have been running on first down.

I hate the double tight formation.

I find the possibilities of the double tight formation are intriguing and possibly   endless

He'll be playing receiver if anyone gets injured in Montreal.  :unsure:

Sounds like Kelly is playing so Carter will continue to back up.

How is Cotton getting on the roster then?  Everyone in the media seems pretty sure he's going to play, I'm starting to wonder if he's just being added to the 46 in place of Anderson going on the 1 game IR.

He'll be playing receiver if anyone gets injured in Montreal.  :unsure:

Sounds like Kelly is playing so Carter will continue to back up.

How is Cotton getting on the roster then?  Everyone in the media seems pretty sure he's going to play, I'm starting to wonder if he's just being added to the 46 in place of Anderson going on the 1 game IR.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow. O'Shea was adamant that Kelly will play and Anderson will not, but played it coy regarding the rest of the roster changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Carl makes a leaping catch and then runs for a 40+ yard gain .... not your average fullback/tight end .... Fitzy is definitely an under utilized asset .... a big man with good hands, he needs to become a regular part of our offence .... more than just playing in double tight end sets

And dbs. in the league have their eyes go wide when they seen Nic Lewis coming down the track (at least they used to). Wait till we get Fitz at full throttle in the future. They better clear the track. Luv this guy and the dimension he brings and what this team has missed for a very long time.