Bombers At Lions - Gameday Thread

Atomic

WHY OH WHY do we keep accepting mediocrity from guys like Morley, Boatman and Denmark when the defense is a freakin revolving door if you aren't in top form.

Just thinking out loud, if we could find two good imports to play at guard and tackle, we could just  as easily start Kohlert or Poblah full time over Denmark.

My point is, finding American players to play NOW isn't a problem. But to find Canadians ready to play that are of any quality & unsigned, especially  on the OL is next to impossible. That's my point & why our OL is a mess. We heard Labatte wanted to leave. Maybe he did & maybe he didn't. We can speculate but as we were never in on any meetings we'll never know for sure what really happened. We have lost other Canadian free agents. We don't sign quality Canadian guys to replace them. It never balances out so we continually suffer.

but you're still ignoring what I'm saying in order to keep on raging.... How do we know we don't have a better option if theynever play them? See you can't really say right now that it's cause they lost free agents and haven't been able develop people if the people you're developing don't get to play? 

Honestly though (and this is me looking for a silver lining more than anything else), Matthews makes a couple of plays .. squeezes the ball .. the outcome of that game could be much different. A catch inside the redzone to move the chains .. a catch coming out of the shadow of our own endzone helps us manage field position ..

I agree completely, Matthews and Denmark killed three drives with bad drops.

After watching the game the team wasn't that bad.

Most definitely Buck doesn't win that game. Goltz extended several plays with his legs, buck is horrible at play action and fake hand offs, and Buck also can't handle the pressure.

but you're still ignoring what I'm saying in order to keep on raging.... How do we know we don't have a better option if theynever play them? See you can't really say right now that it's cause they lost free agents and haven't been able develop people if the people you're developing don't get to play? 

Okay, I'll use your logic. How do we know Max Hall isn't a better qb when we've annointed an unproven Justin Goltz to be the starter the rest of the year?

Using Joe Mack's philosophy... If Brendan Labatte had been drafted by another team & becams a free agent  he wouldn't be interested in him because he already likes what he has now & doesn't like other teams free agents. So  when a guy like that is available he isn't even on Joe Mack's radar. It is ridiculously short sighted & stupid & why he has to go.

How many NI players the calibre of Labatte who actually made it to FA and didn't end up signing with their "home town" team can you name?

How many NI players the calibre of Labatte who actually made it to FA and didn't end up signing with their "home town" team can you name?

No kidding.

I think it's funny when people pull the Labatte thing out like it's a major point for some kind of strong argument. "Look at how Taman went out and got him."

Newsflash -- the same thing happened to Taman at the exact same time with Andy Fantuz going in the other direction.

It had nothing to do with who the GM was. I could have signed Labatte if I was in charge of Saskatchewan. Just like I could have signed Fantuz if I was running the Ticats.

Those guys were the two biggest free agents in recent memory. They both went home. Ho hum. I don't blame Taman for losing Fantuz, I don't blame Mack (or Lapolice) for losing Labatte. You're not going to win a bidding war against geography.

No kidding.

I think it's funny when people pull the Labatte thing out like it's a major point for some kind of strong argument. "Look at how Taman went out and got him."

Newsflash -- the same thing happened to Taman at the exact same time with Andy Fantuz going in the other direction.

It had nothing to do with who the GM was. I could have signed Labatte if I was in charge of Saskatchewan. Just like I could have signed Fantuz if I was running the Ticats.

Those guys were the two biggest free agents in recent memory. They both went home. Ho hum. I don't blame Taman for losing Fantuz, I don't blame Mack (or Lapolice) for losing Labatte. You're not going to win a bidding war against geography.

edited

But we'll never know until he plays. I mean, going by what you said. ;)

only if you ignore the other half of it. We've seen a hell of a lot of guys like Boatmen and Morley, we've seen 2 games of Goltz. That's where my response comes in understand? Probably not, you're too busy screaming for everyone to be fired to look at anything in the right context. 

only if you ignore the other half of it. We've seen a hell of a lot of guys like Boatmen and Morley, we've seen 2 games of Goltz. That's where my response comes in understand? Probably not, you're too busy screaming for everyone to be fired to look at anything in the right context. 

Annnnndddd.... you're so busy constantly defending Joe Mack like he's this All World GM & for keeping all the lousy coaching going on no matter what, you'd think Joe was your dad or something. Touche.... ;)

Annnnndddd.... you're so busy constantly defending Joe Mack like he's this All World GM & for keeping all the lousy coaching going on no matter what, you'd think Joe was your dad or something. Touche.... ;)

I'm just trying to keep some calmness and rationality in this sea of anger and knee jerk reactions nothing more.