Poll - who has more wins ? Winnipeg or Ottawa?

DR. CFL

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who has more wins Winnipeg or Ottawa

• Winnipeg
    • Ottawa

I truly believe Winnipeg will.  If you go through Ottawa's roster, they have some serious holes.  They have some Canadian depth on the lines and a good quarterback, but other than that I still have a lot of doubts.  Their secondary will consist of Jovon Johnson and Seth Williams, along with a couple CFL rookies.  Their receiving corps is by far the least impressive in the league.  They have 34 year old TJ Hill at linebacker who may or may not have much game left in him, along with a couple more rookies.  Even Chevon Walker is a big question mark as a starting RB.

Their lineup is just way too green.  Unless Desjardins has compiled the most impressive group of new import talent the CFL has seen in years (and I don't think he has), I feel that they will struggle in many games, especially to start the season.

Don't get me wrong, Winnipeg has a lot of question marks of their own, but I still think they are better off than Ottawa.

I truly believe Winnipeg will.  If you go through Ottawa's roster, they have some serious holes.  They have some Canadian depth on the lines and a good quarterback, but other than that I still have a lot of doubts.  Their secondary will consist of Jovon Johnson and Seth Williams, along with a couple CFL rookies.  Their receiving corps is by far the least impressive in the league.  They have 34 year old TJ Hill at linebacker who may or may not have much game left in him, along with a couple more rookies.  Even Chevon Walker is a big question mark as a starting RB.

Their lineup is just way too green.  Unless Desjardins has compiled the most impressive group of new import talent the CFL has seen in years (and I don't think he has), I feel that they will struggle in many games, especially to start the season.

Don't get me wrong, Winnipeg has a lot of question marks of their own, but I still think they are better off than Ottawa.

It's certainly looks like a recipe for disaster over there in the nation's capital.  I have a hard time convincing myself however that all the reasons why they shouldn't be successful, are reasons why they will be.  

Well, good poll. I think if both teams are healthy and stay healthy throughout the year it's Ottawa by a game. However, that's impossible (to stay healthy) and Ottawa has no depth. Still, I took Ottawa but to be honest I'd like a third option in the poll - same amount of wins. As I think both teams can win 6 games this year. 

I don't know what to expect out of Edmonton.  I feel like they didn't really add any talent in the offseason, other than Pat Watkins, and they lost Ted Laurent.  Are they trying to sell the idea that the team was 4-14 based purely on coaching?  Should be interesting to see how it turns out there.