Oh those Eskimos

The troll pops his head up out his hole.

@friesensunmedia

#Bombers keep QB Drew Willy off limits to media 1 day/ week, while #Argos limit access to DC Tim Burke to a conf call. #shakemyhead

@friesensunmedia

Oh, and the Argos have scheduled the Tim Burke conf call at a time when Wpg media is conducting interviews here. Brilliant. #Bombers

The league would not allow a team to ban a media outlet.

No but the team can and will pull their pass so they are not allowed to be that outlets representative... If the next guy totes that same line... Then pull it again.. Essentially the same concept, no?

The troll pops his head up out his hole.

@friesensunmedia

#Bombers keep QB Drew Willy off limits to media 1 day/ week, while #Argos limit access to DC Tim Burke to a conf call. #shakemyhead

@friesensunmedia

Oh, and the Argos have scheduled the Tim Burke conf call at a time when Wpg media is conducting interviews here. Brilliant. #Bombers

Shocking that the pitchfork and torch bearer during kellys reign would pipe up over this... The sense of entitlement..

Was said previously in a way but, It's guys like  friesen who ruin it for the rest of the media. I don't think they need to be in the locker room, i don't think they need to interview assistant coaches, what would a guy like friesen, who really doesn't even understand what's going on on the field most of the time ask these guys? We wouldn't learn anything from it. Just a waste of time really. Some media are good, irving (is he really considered media though), tait, bauming,penton are all good guys, but its guys like friesen and wicek who piss and moan like they are entitled and they ruin it for the irvings and the good ones around.

However, with that being said, perhaps the best thing to do would be to allow certain media members access and to not allow guys like friesen or wicek access.

I'm honestly not sure what the point of having multiple "media" there, i mean really does the sun need both penton and friesen in there? does the free press need both wicek and tait? bauming reps TSn radio, bob reps cjob radio. Why do the papers need more than one guy there? I'd ban friesen and take away his credentials, just to piss the guy off a bit more. 

This is the entertainment business. If people don't think access and promotion isn't a critical aspect of the business then they should figure it out.

Sports Entertainment really. And i'm not sure how having reporters in the dressing room is considered "entertainment". To who? What do we get? a 40 second clip on the sports show in winnipeg about the bombers? So Entertaining. We will still get interviews with players, just b4 the game. TSN BOMBERS don't exist. 

The Post-Game show does but i'm sure those guys will still get their interviews. As a fan, all we can do is listen to it, why does it really matter anyway. Just sayin' here man but.. not sure that i find sweaty half naked men being asked stupid question by our media entertaining. I think with our media, i'd rather call it embarrassing. 

There's something weird about Hervey though.  Like why wouldn't he give a brief comment on a local junior player they signed?  He didn't have to hold a press conference, just take 30 seconds out of the day to talk to a reporter on a cellphone.

Other stuff media complains about is stupid.  Is there going to be some burning question they need Willy to answer this week?  Put everything to him the one day he's in front of cameras and move on.

I bet if you were to ask most of them what question they were planning on asking Willy, they'd give you a blank stare.

"We don't know why we want him to be available but let's raise hell if he's not!"

"He will stand and stare until I'm flipping ready to ask a question!

Hey wait! Drew, I got one! Are you excited for your first Bomber start?"

/proceeds to write standard media piece on new QB era that provides no valuable information

/collects paycheque

/rinse, repeat.

I bet if you were to ask most of them what question they were planning on asking Willy, they'd give you a blank stare.

"We don't know why we want him to be available but let's raise hell if he's not!"

"So...uhh....Drew....uhh...have you noticed the amount of mosquitoes...uhh...since the last couple rainstorms...and...uhh...how do they affect your...uhh...passing game?"

Lawless: Drew, the Bombers bench is on the west side of Investors Group Field but this is your first year with the team so I think there's a good chance you might run to the visitor's side instead from force of habit even though you've been practicing at Investors Group Field for a month and didn't do that during the pre-season game but I still think it will happen, don't you agree?

Friesen: Drew, last season Tim Burke had his quarterbacks take a knee during some games. Are you going to do that? And how can I blame it on Joe Mack.

Lawless: Drew, the Bombers bench is on the west side of Investors Group Field but this is your first year with the team so I think there's a good chance you might run to the visitor's side instead from force of habit even though you've been practicing at Investors Group Field for a month and didn't do that during the pre-season game but I still think it will happen, don't you agree?

Lawless wouldn't even add the "don't you agree" to make it a question, he'd just make a statement and expect a response.  I'm surprised nobody has told him to work on that since he's getting lots of air time on TSN, although the handing a player/coach a statement and expecting them to respond is becoming common.

I think it's high time Chris Schultz started getting the opportunity to interview players during the week leading up to the game.

"So Drew, I bet you'd agree from your time in the CFL that the best way to win a game is to put the ball in the end zone more than your opponent does, right?"