Main Camp Day 2 (Reports and Discussion)

Mike

carter was working out with milt stegall this off season, along with several other cfl players. Good move bring him in, thought he showed some skills last year in practice. Always wondered why he didn't get a shot in a game.

A bit strange that Jarvis Jones performed so well last year and does not seem to be on the radar

Wish we would just put Pencer or someone in at RG...  the idea of an import RG just makes zero sense

If anything, we need a 4 NI OL especially with Watson's health and our lack of NI REC depth

To answer a few questions:

Nick Moore has looked very good so far. I saw him drop one ball, but other then that he's been money. He's been the primary slotback, playing some WR.

It looks like the Bombers are committing Jones as a tackle. I could see him replacing January next season. With Neufeld taking the other tackle position, there's not much room for him to start. Bombers only had 4 OLs identified as tackles when I was at practice yesterday.

Goossen has looked good so far. He was taking lots of the reps at centre in rookie camp and first day of camp.

Eisho has good hustle, but in one-on-ones against a WR he got beat bad. Looked very, very slow. His upside will be as a ST daemon.

Goossen has looked so far. He was taking lots of the reps at centre in rookie camp and first day of camp.

You missed a word - Goossen has looked what?

Sorry, I fixed it. He has looked GOOD. He fits in, looks like a legit centre. Has looked strong in one on one drills and looks to be snapping the ball to the QB well, good footwork/agility. My early sense is that Morley starts the season as centre, with them working Goossen in as starter when they think he's ready.

Hey gbill ... have you watched the DL much?

If so, how you feeling about Tate / Nzegwu?

I did watch the DL a bit, but was mostly focused on the OL, QBs and WRs, and kickers when I was there. Vega, Turner, Anderson, and Gatling all looked good. Moseley was standing on the sidelines when I was there, but he looks physically intimidating. I can't comment on Tate/Nzegwu. When I go to camp this weekend and next week (I booked the week off work), I'll focus on some of the other guys. I wanna pay closer attention to Tate and Newman, amongst others.

Second day ... here's what is floating out there already

-- Briggs is back practicing

-- Goodrich, Watson and Brescacin all not practicing, Goodrich is on crutches.

-- Bob Wylie is back

So that means Goodrich is #73.  They don't seem to have any of the names/numbers of the junior players on the roster handouts.  Does anyone have that info?  (Yantz is obviously #13.

73 - Kurt Goodrich

45 - Tariq LaChance

54 - Braiden Watson

76 - Spencer Riche