Retired Numbers/Championship Banners

I must say I am disappointed that the club has not yet incorporated any kind of tribute to our past via a ring of honour, or some sort of display.  Nearly every sports stadium on the continent does this, and with 10 Grey Cups to go along with some great former players who have their numbers out of circulation I don't understand how we have never put them up.  I noticed that the Pinnacle Club has the Grey cup years painted or stuck on, same with the Bomber store but who is going to see that?

It would be nice to see 11, 85, 97 etc... and our championship years on display in the main bowl, like nearly every other team in North America. Does anybody know if there are plans to do this?

well they also named the entrances after several bomber players....

a ring of honour would be fine but really.... i don't think its that big of a deal to not have one right now. 

They have indeed honoured the past history of the team, just not so much in terms of what the op is thinking.

Another feature from the stadium design that was chopped/delayed for when they have a few nickels to rub together.

They had most of the posts set up outside the stadium to honour the Grey Cup teams, but didn't finish it, that's on the southeast corner of the site where the patch of field turf is outside the stadium.

I really don't think that it's money is holding them back, how much would it cost to slap a few names and numbers somewhere.

Juran, yeah those flag-sticks are comical now, especially since there's only nine of them.  It would indeed be nice to have that display in the future.

I dislike retiring numbers.  Watching the Montreal Canadiens in the playoffs, their team roster resembled the Kinsmen Jackpot Bingo board.

I think if you do it right it's fine.  You have to distinguish a true upper echelon.

Some teams go crazy with it.  Montreal is a special case though, same with the Yankees.  I imagine one day they will have to un-retire their numbers before they have to hit triple digits.

Side note; I love what Michigan started last year, they select players to wear their all-time greats' numbers from year to year in honour of the old player. I think that would only work well at the college level though based on their large turnover every year.  In the pros I can see it getting ridiculous. (can't have a new receiver wearing 85 every year!)  So I would never want that, just thought I'd mention it here.

Another feature from the stadium design that was chopped/delayed for when they have a few nickels to rub together.

They had most of the posts set up outside the stadium to honour the Grey Cup teams, but didn't finish it, that's on the southeast corner of the site where the patch of field turf is outside the stadium.

I contacted the bombers about the nine markers last year. When they dug down to put the tenth one in they found some buried cables so they now need to move the tenth one over and then add the eleventh one next year ;)

20275.jpg …..I think it's quite proper to issue a complaint.                          avatar_25319.gif…..You just have to go through me.                                                            

100x100_1234364757_portrait-monkey-chimp……you'll be issued a number.                      M.-Gilden_avatar-100x100.jpg...I'll process the complaint, and if it's valid, I'll pass it on, if not

avatar_24843.jpg……..I'll be pleased to discuss it with you.                    100x100_1234277964_funny_white_gorrila_s……….I think we can see eye to eye.

avatar_1910.gif………I'm the adjudicator                                      avatar_15152.jpg……..and I'm here just for hugs.

This just smacks of complaining for the sake of complaining

It's just something I noticed that we don't have. Everyone else does so it makes me wonder why. That's all. What good s a forum if you can't pose these kinds of questions?

i agree with what you are saying but at the same time, i wonder if maybe directing your questions to the bombers would be the better move, it seems like nobody on the forum here really knows, the people who do though are the people on chancelor matheson road. 

What i'd suggest is to email someone from the bombers or even pick up the phone and give them a call and ask them about it, i'm sure they would be happy to tell you.