No Game Thread ?

Zontar

fugly doesn't begin to describe the bombers offense. That wasn't even a good defense that they looked like ass against, it was the worst defense in the CFL.

HAM gets 6 sacks against an WPG o-line that sucks again going into year what now ? Wont matter what QB SOME Bomber fans throw under bus - it wont get much better.

HAM gets 6 sacks against an WPG o-line that sucks again going into year what now ? Wont matter what QB SOME Bomber fans throw under bus - it wont get much better.

with a proper qb those sacks don't happen. Case in point, Hamilton runs a very obvious 7 man blitz late in the game on 2nd down and pierce doesn't even see it coming and takes a sack. Any other qb sees it coming and at least has a chance of making a play. Pierce has been so bad all teams need to do is send 6 or 7 guys and pierce is getting hit. That was nothing new to hamilton, montreal did the exact same thing. Pierce would look ok for atime then montreal would send 6 or 7 guys each time and the offense disappeared. It's not an o-line problem, it's a qb can't make a play problem. 

Where Buck stunk was his overthrows.

But most of the sacks, HAM was almost instantly upon him, one Morely got beat as bad as an O-lineman can get. Backup QB is always tantalizing when things are going bad but Goltz just doesnt make that stuff instantly go away.

Case in point......not even Calvillo and that personnel can turn chicken **** into chicken salad.....the Bombers will not do it with what they have with Crowton at the controls. You can't stretch the field with a pocket passer short on mobility, end of story.

But most of the sacks, HAM was almost instantly upon him, one Morely got beat as bad as an O-lineman can get. Backup QB is always tantalizing when things are going bad but Goltz just doesnt make that stuff instantly go away.

Most of the sacks Buck had time, locked on his first read and didn't scramble or get rid of the ball.  The only sack I'd pin on the OL was the one on the second last possession where Boatman let Knowlton through his inside gap because he stepped out on the outside rusher, not Morley's fault as he took the DT on his inside gap.  Pass blocking is all from the outside in when making a pocket.

Compare Pierce and Burris tonight. Burris saw a ton of pressure and got sacked a ton of times too, but he was also able to use his legs and make throws on the run to move the chains, we don't see pierce doing that. 

And that's a big difference.

Copied and pasted from the chat -  

Kelly Moore asks Bob if he noticed that Buck had a lot of steamboats to make those throws instead of being sacked.... Bob responds "I'll have to check out the game film and let you know about that"

F'ning hilarious!!!!

If Buck is the goat then criticism should start to go further up the food chain to the people responsible for declaring him the starter, jettisoning experienced backups with a raw rookie.

yeah don't worry, we were very vocal about burkes insistance that it's pierce and only pierce. 

Food chain goes a wee bit higher than that.

I whined quite a bit about Burke not pulling Pierce and for Burke not calling out Pierce in the post game show.   

I then whined again about Pierce on the post game show saying it's the team not executing on offense , meanwhile every single fan and the 3 radio guys all clearly noticed that it was Pierce being a horrible qb which is resulting in us not moving the chains.

Food chain goes a wee bit higher than that.

Listening to both the coach and GM all offseason it sounded to me like Mack was willing to move on but Burke wanted Pierce. Consider what Burke said on the post game show... he flat out admitted that pierce was bad at hitting his targets and making reads... but said he never considered pulling him. Now tell me that it's not Burke that is PIerces biggest supporter. That's the frustrating part. Burke will cut the very popular Hefney when he sees his game slipping but he refuses to make a move at qb. 

This game made me physically sick, Last year, we sucked and we deserved to suck. Each facet of the team was brutal and Buck was still bad when he played but when he didn't, we were at least grooming QBs to replace him.

Now, he's bogging down a team with a great, athletic D and to make matters worse, he is playing boring football. It's painful to watch and a waste of everyone's time.

This is crap. The O-line wasn't incredible but they were giving Buck more than enough time to throw the ball. Any other QB gets 3 balls off in the amount of time Buck was taking before he got sacked. I can't think of more then one sack that wasn't entirely his fault.

The O-line wasn't incredible but they were giving Buck more than enough time to throw the ball. Any other QB gets 3 balls off in the amount of time Buck was taking before he got sacked. I can't think of more then one sack that wasn't entirely his fault.

Precisely