No Game Thread ?

Zontar

If Buck is the goat then criticism should start to go further up the food chain to the people responsible for declaring him the starter, jettisoning experienced backups with a raw rookie.

Buck has been that problem for a looong time now, open your eyes.

Bob responds "I'll have to check out the game film and let you know about that"

Bob has turned into a real idiot the last few years.

Listening to both the coach and GM all offseason it sounded to me like Mack was willing to move on but Burke wanted Pierce. Consider what Burke said on the post game show... he flat out admitted that pierce was bad at hitting his targets and making reads... but said he never considered pulling him. Now tell me that it's not Burke that is PIerces biggest supporter. That's the frustrating part. Burke will cut the very popular Hefney when he sees his game slipping but he refuses to make a move at qb. 

Is it that or just a total lack of faith in the backups? Probably a bit of both...

Hefney got cut b/c Burke believed in the talent behind him and felt comfortable he could be replaced. As much as some believe Burke is just playing favourites, the even worse option is that the coaching staff knows qbs # 2 & 3 are worse.

Is it that or just a total lack of faith in the backups? Probably a bit of both...

Hefney got cut b/c Burke believed in the talent behind him and felt comfortable he could be replaced. As much as some believe Burke is just playing favourites, the even worse option is that the coaching staff knows qbs # 2 & 3 are worse.

Burke from day one as head coach was pumping Goltz tires. He cut Elliott and Brink because he had that much belief in Goltz. I refuse to believe that Burke doesn't think Goltz can play just based on how much he did to make him climb the depth chart. 

Burke from day one as head coach was pumping Goltz tires. He cut Elliott and Brink because he had that much belief in Goltz. I refuse to believe that Burke doesn't think Goltz can play just based on how much he did to make him climb the depth chart.

i agree, i think burke and mack both feel the same way and i imagine burke is waiting for a) buck to completely hang himself with the rope he is giving b.) injury or c) goltz to wow in his spot time (in his packages or in garbage/blowout time)

Burke has called out Buck's poor play before - I don't think he's the one who NEEDS him to play. 

That said... Is he waiting for Crowton to tell him to pull Buck?  Burke is not the most offensively minded HC.  And for those saying Bob's an idiot - try listening to other team's radio broadcasts.  It can be tortuous.