Ticats Vs Eskies

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw... Reilly can't play in the elements... I think he made maybe 20 yards passing in the 3 quarters that it was wet.      But when it was dry he could make the good dump off passes down low.  

Odell sucks.. for his 1 good play he had 5 bad ones.... it was comical on how bad Edmontons tackling was... that one play where Burris shrugged off at least 5 guys and was in the pocket for 10 seconds before someone brought him down would of been great to watch with the benny hill theme music.   Shaw sucked at punting...   Lamarr sucked at holding onto the ball.

Hamilton has an atrocious defense... dline only has 1 sack in 2 games and the lb'ers were getting burned all day long.   The offense looked very meh,   Burris made his typical brain farts and the running game seemed pedestrian.     I think we have a shot at winning next week (all depending on Buck playing at an average level).

Hamilton definitely isn't going to scare anyone with their backs, so given that, and their defense, whenever Frank shows up they are cooked. Hopefully for our sake he makes an appearance, but at 0-2 they will definitely be wanting a strong start to try and get some momentum.

Both Hamilton and Edmonton don't look like anything to write home about.. But it is a long season and i'm sure adjustments will be made. But thats great news for us because Edmonton is usually the cross over team and Hamilton is usually one of the teams in the hunt. Looking forward to our Defensive line getting to Burris all night! Big 0-3 start for Hamilton would be huge for us.

I really would be looking at moving Wojt or even ONeill outside instead of Ingersoll - with Fantuz and Stala down, Hamilton is now getting killed with their ratio.  Bucknor and Hinds are not the answer at CB...  would not at all be surprised if Plesius ends up getting starting reps at MLB sooner than later... or at least move the NI to safety.

Austin's learning curve and injury problems could work out really well for us this season.

Then again, a rain game is pretty hard to judge...  this week will be fun to watch.

Then again, a rain game is pretty hard to judge...  this week will be fun to watch.

The thing is though is that Edmonton was putrid during the rain,  they couldn't move the ball at all and Hamilton kept winning the battle of field position.    When it was dry , Edmonton was torching Hamilton badly.   

If we can get Simpson going or have him sent out in the flats or even quick hitters to Etienne or any of our guys... I can see the offense really putting up big numbers.    

As 17 said if we can't get the O going against Hamilton's defense then we truly have failed badly this year. 

As 17 said if we can't get the O going against Hamilton's defense then we truly have failed badly this year. 

I didn't even say the O, I said Simpson. Watching Hamilton both times it seems that their linebackers are failing hard. Get the rbs past the line and there's room to run and keep the sticks moving. The esks if they'd just kept handing the ball off could have absolutely killed the ticats. If Simpson is looking for a break out game this one looks to be the one to do it in. 

The thing is though is that Edmonton was putrid during the rain,  they couldn't move the ball at all and Hamilton kept winning the battle of field position.    When it was dry , Edmonton was torching Hamilton badly.   

If we can get Simpson going or have him sent out in the flats or even quick hitters to Etienne or any of our guys... I can see the offense really putting up big numbers.    

I agree - Ham's D was suspect before their injuries, now they desperately need an airlift of DBs...  well and an airlift of experienced/good coaches...

But yeah, if Buck/Crowton can't move the ball against Ham - 'failed' is the word that comes to mind.