Nothing's Happening?

Fraser

No my friend, neither the 2010 or the 2012 teams were good enough to get to the Grey Cup with just better QB'ing and if you think that, then you have a lot to learn about football.

That 2011 team was damned good, they just lost to a better really good team in the cup.

I'm pretty sure the 2010 team was more than good enough to get to the Grey Cup with better QB'ing

we went 4-14 but lost 9 of our games by 3 points or less right? (10 by a single score or less)

A better QB could have easily won us half those games, maybe even 3/4 of them (9-9 or better).

That team with a solid QB would have been DANGEROUS in the playoffs.

Anyone think that Cauchy would of signed here if his bro wasn't playing for us.

So what? Does that mean he doesn't count? Immaterial either way, Henoc does play for us, and Cauchy has signed with    

us. Moot point.

Nobody wanted Pierce...

But we needed him, so we went out and got him. Does he also not count as a FA signing? And who knows what sort of

offers he got. Do you think we should have stood pat with Jyles?

Boatman was a cast off....

And here he is a year later, actually in game shape starting at RT. Does he have no value?

Sorenson same as above...

Starting at C for us. Am I totally missing your point here? One of us is out to lunch.

Bowman signed with Hamilton because our offer was based on his health.....

And there he sits on their 9 game IR, with nobody entirely sure if he'll be his same old self when he finally heals.

I can't think of one desired free agent we have signed in years....

Excepting for Cauchy, Pierce and Palardy. And all our own FA's we didn't lose.

We missed the boat on a few game changers , but I don't think it would of really mattered.

Do tell. I wanted Picard and Muamba, 1 out of 2 ain't bad. Who did you want?

Our poor signings have been in the coaching area...

Even this I must disagree on. Dickenson and Burke were both highly touted coordinators, at the time they were signed to

our team they were arguably the best in their role. Burke with 3 (eventually 4) consecutive GC appearances as a

coordinator. What a slouch.

With respect, I disagree.

So...maybe you should've specified which ones you thought were viable options.

Then people don't have to assume you want Tristan Black as a starting LB, for example.

Smart Alec.

Nothing changed, no veteran free agents were signed, doesn't matter who, when, where or what.

The simple fact that none were signed is proof that nothing has changed.

Sorry if the gang is too slow to get it, it's not my problem.

Smart Alec.

Nothing changed, no veteran free agents were signed, doesn't matter who, when, where or what.

I know he's a 'running joke'... but I actually would take Tristan Black over Labbe.

Smart Alec.

From your book "how to win friends and influence people"?

Your opinion might be right. Or wrong. Who gets to decide?

From your book "how to win friends and influence people"?

Your opinion might be right. Or wrong. Who gets to decide?

At least you are now asking the right question.....thank you.

If there is evidence to contradict my opinion, then I would gladly admit I am wrong.

This is a legitimate debate that always gets hijacked...

Mack has never been against free agents, he just is ultra-conservative.  He went after or sniffed around Gauthier, Picard, Van Zeyl and a few others - he just balks at the final price tag and backs off.  Same thing happened with Reilly because whatever anyone wants to believe, if Mack offer some substantial picks for Reilly and the chance to start, Reilly is not turning around and going to Edmonton just because he has buddies there.  But, I digress.

People weren't calling for half a dozen free agents over the years...  Just some depth guys, a vet to compete in camp, an OL, etc.  There were decent guys available, we all know this.  Its just not Mack's style.

I liked this year's signings - Muamba and Dewit - but again, Dewit's back injury and cutting Logan before TC kind of soured it for me.

The unfortunate part is that I believe Mack now has a reputation with other GMs and agents of being a 'non-player' in trade and free agent talks...  just my feeling, but even if he wants to change now, its probably too late.

At least you are now asking the right question.....thank you.

If there is evidence to contradict my opinion, then I would gladly admit I am wrong.

Maybe an even better question is: would change for the sake of change have yielded better results? I'm also still unclear on who you think should have been signed, fired, hired - anything representing the change you believing is missing. That's all.

Smart Alec.

Your problem is that you have an opinion, but can't back it up with evidence.

This is a legitimate debate that always gets hijacked...

Mack has never been against free agents, he just is ultra-conservative.  He went after or sniffed around Gauthier, Picard, Van Zeyl and a few others - he just balks at the final price tag and backs off.  Same thing happened with Reilly because whatever anyone wants to believe, if Mack offer some substantial picks for Reilly and the chance to start, Reilly is not turning around and going to Edmonton just because he has buddies there.  But, I digress.

People weren't calling for half a dozen free agents over the years...  Just some depth guys, a vet to compete in camp, an OL, etc.  There were decent guys available, we all know this.  Its just not Mack's style.

I liked this year's signings - Muamba and Dewit - but again, Dewit's back injury and cutting Logan before TC kind of soured it for me.

The unfortunate part is that I believe Mack now has a reputation with other GMs and agents of being a 'non-player' in trade and free agent talks...  just my feeling, but even if he wants to change now, its probably too late.

Great post, and I agree, it's not that he doesn't 'kick the tires' we know he does, just at the end of the day it's the same old, same old, close but no cigar.

I also agree that Mack is the 'outsider' when it comes to GM's in the league, not his fault really, just that he had been awol for 25 years and most of the old guard he came up with are out of the league now.