Bob Irving's Guess On Bombers Protected List

Noeller

Of course... Etienne isn't exactly a tough negotiation, I mean its not like he's due a hefty raise or anything

Still think that ottawa takes a few flyers on free sagents... I mean half of these guys only have a year left on contracts anyway

Plus ottawa must have a list of potential FAs who are likely to sign and others who have too many ties to their team's city...

If I'm ottawa, I'd be looking at thomas, kohlert or carter... I can't see desjardins going for poblah

Either way, the NIs picked from wpg will likely end up as depth...

Of course... Etienne isn't exactly a tough negotiation, I mean its not like he's due a hefty raise or anything

Still think that ottawa takes a few flyers on free sagents... I mean half of these guys only have a year left on contracts anyway

Plus ottawa must have a list of potential FAs who are likely to sign and others who have too many ties to their team's city...

If I'm ottawa, I'd be looking at thomas, kohlert or carter... I can't see desjardins going for poblah

He is if he ends up wanting to move back to his hometown and play for Saskatchewan.

Carter can't be picked, pretty sure he ended the year on the PR.

Great news about carter. Maybe teague sherman then? We really don't have much to choose from...

And the groan was for the sask argument...

Hey, I'm just saying.  That's the only thing that would keep him out of Winnipeg.  Gives him at least some leverage on the bargaining table.

Carter can't be picked, pretty sure he ended the year on the PR.

That's cool so if Ottawa can't pickup the guys on PR then these guys are safe:

Brown, Levi

Moody, Semaj

Killeen, Jake

Howard, Cordaro

Reed, Taylor

Allard, Shea

Paliwoda, Terriss

Carter, Brett

With our (lack of) Canadian talent how do you not protect him? Would the Bombers run the risk of having him drafted? Maybe but.... he may be one of the easier free agent players to re-sign as he's not looking for the CFL's version of a gold mine like Henoc Muamba. Taman may or may not go after him...We'll see.