Dickenson To Sign Long Term Deal With Stamps

iso_55

I suppose Glenn once again proved this year, that he can't win a big game.

Glenns receivers fumbled enough balls in scoring range that you can't put that all on him. They get points when he puts them in range rather than fumbles and the score is still close enough before Tate got the controls. 

Glenn's ints didn't help either, although one was a tip. In either case, Glenn seems to be ineffective in big games, I'm actually still really surprised he got the start over Tate.

ahh that's not a real good thing to say. Glenn is what he is. He is not the guy to elevate his teams play, he's the guy who goes along with how the team is going. If the team is playing well he plays well if the team isn't playing well he's not the guy to turn it around. Nothing wrong with that but because he's the qb he gets **** on for not being the super star player who can flip things all by himself. 

Glenns receivers fumbled enough balls in scoring range that you can't put that all on him. They get points when he puts them in range rather than fumbles and the score is still close enough before Tate got the controls. 

Glenn's ints didn't help either, although one was a tip. In either case, Glenn seems to be ineffective in big games, I'm actually still really surprised he got the start over Tate.

ahh that's not a real good thing to say. Glenn is what he is. He is not the guy to elevate his teams play, he's the guy who goes along with how the team is going. If the team is playing well he plays well if the team isn't playing well he's not the guy to turn it around. Nothing wrong with that but because he's the qb he gets **** on for not being the super star player who can flip things all by himself. 

I can't disagree with that.

You define Goltz as a great qb because he won ONE game against the Riders who obviously were looking past us when they played here. That's pretty funny. Yes, I'm sure when Goltz thankfully gets his inevitable release 8 other CFL teams will be falling over themselves trying to sign him. I hate to bring this up as it's been debated to death but I can't believe our former jackass GM & Head Coach released Joey Elliott & kept Goltz.They both deserved to be hitting the pavement out of town over that decision.

Just let it go iso, Goltz won't even be in the league next year, and honestly I'm pretty sure Goltz had nothing to do with the Banjo Bowl win, I think our D won that game.

8-17 and 129 passing yards is nothing to brag about.

Goltz is the Tim Tebow of the CFL, just didn't win as many games.

Yes, lets leave out the 6\56 and 2tds on the ground.  Add the Denmark TD they took away and the Rory catch as well.  Goltz was the best player on O that day. 

Pretty sure he would not need to wear mittens to play Q.B. after Oct. either......

At any rate, like I said Goltz AND the Bombers were able to handle the Riders at home.  The Stamps were a no show, totally unprepared and looked lost.  All show-no go in crunch time.  Just like the GC game last year. 

Pretty clear gameplan from the Riders.  Remove Cornish, make Glenn win the game.  Riders playing in Grey Cup.  Same gameplan used by the Argos to win the Grey Cup last season.

I think on Sunday it was the Stamps offense's inability to get first downs as well as fumbles that led to Cornish being taken out of the game rushing wise. At halftime, the Riders had 18 first downs to the Stamps 2. And Cornish had -4 yds rishing on something like 4 carries.

Losing Marquay McDaniel hurt the Stamps run game as he was an excellent blocker off the edge as a slot. Mo Price moving inside from the wideout position to replace McDaniel was hoped he'd pick up the slack. But on top of his huge fumble in the first half Price's blocking for Cornish was atrocious. Things improved once they moved fullback Rob Cote to slot on run plays in the second half but he's no receiver. Cornish got it going in the second half after Cote went to slotback & Tate replaced Glenn at qb. Cornish finished with something like 68 yards rushing to at least make it look respectable after the game.

The 5 Stampeder turnovers in the first half, three fumbles & two picks were awful. The Mo Price & Brad Sinopoli fumbles were especially killers as was Glenn's pick on the first series by the Riders. I remember seeing Glenn's eyes at times during the first half when the cameras focused on the huddle or after a play didn't work & he looked scared. At other times he seemed disinterested. He should have been pulled a lot sooner for Tate. Huff stayed too long with Glenn.

On defense, for some reason the Stamps decided to go with 2 quicker & smaller defensive tackles in Junior Turner & Etienne Legare two Canadians & they got destroyed from the get go. The Stamps didn't go out & bring anyone in after Demonte Bolden & Corderro Law were injured in the last regular season game in BC. They had 2 weeks to find 2 big tackles, bring them in &  coach them up but John Murphy didn't get the job done. Instead John Hufnagel decided to go in house replace Law & Bolden with 2 smaller & inferior players already on the roster which was a monumental mistake. It allowed the Rider OL in particular the two guards Dominic Picard & Brendan LaBatte to have a field day blasting those 2 dudes back 5  yards on every play allowing Sheets to run for 177 yards.

In short, Glenn provided no leadership at the qb position. The receivers needed someone on offense to help get them on track & the emotionless Glenn wasn't the guy to do it. Price couldn't block for Cornish when he replaced McDaniel inside. To top it off on defense, there was the questionable decision to go from 2 big American tackles to 2 small Canadian ones which killed the Stampeders run defense. Their season was over after the Lions game in early November.

After an entire season of plug & play due to injuries in the biggest game of the year, the loss of McDaniel, Bolden & Law in BC was so huge the team couldn't overcome it. I think the Stampeder players knew going in it was a lost cause & played like it.

The 2008 WSF, the 2011 East Final and the the West Final last week proves that Glenn can't perform in big games, especially not those with bad weather.

and the Grey Cup last year proved he can't perform in big games in good weather either.  The last time I saw him deliver in a big game was the 2007 East Final.  He's never been the same after breaking his arm.

I wasn't aware that it was Glenn's fault that his receivers fumbled the ball after he tossed perfect passes which all were for very good yards.

It wasn't. But if you think he did anything close  to try & fire up his offense on  the sidelines & in the huddle you're wrong. That's not  his style & when things go bad he becomes almost stoic. It's okay when a game is going well, not so good when the team is struggling. Why do you think Huff pulled him? He needed a spark to get the offense going as he saw the same thing, too.

The 2008 WSF, the 2011 East Final and the the West Final last week proves that Glenn can't perform in big games, especially not those with bad weather.

This is pretty selective though.  Glenn has performed well in "big games."  Played well in the 2007 Eastern Final, 2011 Eastern Semi-final and the 2012 Western Final. 

Now, if you said he hasn't played well in the majority of big playoff games, that would be an accurate assessment.  It's pretty inaccurate to say he can't perform in any big games because history has proven he can.

I wasn't aware that it was Glenn's fault that his receivers fumbled the ball after he tossed perfect passes which all were for very good yards.

It wasn't. But if you think he did anything close to try & fire up his offense on the sidelines & in the huddle you're wrong. That's not his style & when things go bad he becomes almost stoic. It's okay when a game is going well, not so good when the team is struggling. Why do you think Huff pulled him? He needed a spark to get the offense going as he saw the same thing, too.

Only a qb can fire up a team? Weak excuse.

The receivers skills of been more careful with the ball and the teem didn't seem mentally focused. I pin that on the coaching staff.