Schmoes Will Hold 2015 Tc In Fort Mcmurray

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/edmonton-eskimos/Edmonton+Eskimos+hold+2015+training/8527242/story.html

http://www.cfl.ca/article/esks-announce-pre-season-game-in-fort-mcmurray

Sucks that the womens world cup is already having an affect on the CFL, but good on the Eskimos for dealing with this so quickly. That Shell Place sports and entertainment complex looks great, I wonder how many seats it holds, considering the Eskimos will also hold their pre-season game there as well.

If they were set on including northern alberta I would have gone with Grande Prairie ahead of fort. mac. Much more accessible. 

Not only that but living in Calgary in May or June is no screaming hell. All we get is rain, rain & more rain. Temps in the mid teens most days... And way up north in Fort Mac, it's only worse. Right now, the town is being flooded out from all the rain they're getting.... Fort McMurray wouldn't have been my choice. I wish the Eskimos all the luck in the world because they are going to need all of it.

Well that'll certainly leave an impression on Americans coming to Canada for the first time..... Hookers and cocaine for everyone!

This just in: All of Bombers defense demands trade to Edmonton...

What I don't get is the Esks will lose money playing a single exhibition game in Fort Mac with all the logistics of having to get their equipment up there as well as having only a 5,000 seat venue. Guess the team has money to burn... errr...waste by going up there. They'd have been better off to reschedule that Esks home game to Moncton or just play 2 road games.& be done with it.

What I don't get is the Esks will lose money playing a single exhibition game in Fort Mac with all the logistics of having to get their equipment up there as well as having only a 5,000 seat venue. Guess the team has money to burn... errr...waste by going up there. They'd have been better off to reschedule that Esks home game to Moncton or just play 2 road games.& be done with it.

It is their territory... probably hoping to increase merchandise sales there by increasing interest and maybe even getting some fans to do the 3-4 hour drive to see some games. Never hurts to increase the team's visibility in the area outside the city.

It is their territory... probably hoping to increase merchandise sales there by increasing interest and maybe even getting some fans to do the 3-4 hour drive to see some games. Never hurts to increase the team's visibility in the area outside the city.

exactly that.

ever business owner knows about loss leaders for market share.

I'm sure the fans in Edmonton want to drive that highway from Edmonton to Fort Mac alright. It's already described as a Highway Of Death.... One of the most dangerous stretches of roads in Canada. Two lanes for a couple of hundred miles with all sizes of truck traffic because of the oil sands.

I have no doubt the city of Fort Mac is making it worth the Eskimos while to come up.  They've got tons of cash to burn.  There's no way the Eskimos lose money on this deal.  If they do they're idiots.  Even the Argos could make money on this, and THAT's saying something.

with the new TV deal, we're expected to break even... which would be remarkable since it would be the only time in many, many years that the Argos don't post a loss (aside from hosting GC years)

Actually really surprised that there's still no mention of adding more seats, IMO 5,000 isn't enough even for a pre season game. Toronto is playing next week at Varsity which IIRC also holds 5,000 and that seems even low for the Argos. I could see this being a real positive for the Eskimos, and from my understanding Blake and the people behind Shell Place  pushed hard to get the Eskies in so I'm sure a good enough deal was made.