Sean Whyte?

gbill2004

Watching the Montreal/Hamilton game yesterday, TSN said that Sean Whyte is a free agent and is likely to test free agency.  Whyte can kick FGs and punts.  Thoughts on whether the Bombers will/should target Whyte this offseason?  He's had a rough couple games, but I'd think he'd be an upgrade on what we currently have.

Will Lirim Hajrullahu be available next season?  Is he CFL ready?  Does he do FGs and punting?

He was draft eligible this year so I think his CIS eligibility is done after this season. He punted 39 times for a 40.8 yard average and went 22/26 on field goals (85%). Whether he is truly CFL ready, I do not know. But those are nice numbers.

Billy Pavlopoulos  ~ Tim Hutchison ~ Brett Cameron ~ Lirim Hajrullahu

I'd bring one or all of these guys back to training camp next year ahead of Sean Whyte.

I don't trust the evaluation from our current crop of coaches on these guys.

Regarding Whyte, his kicking performance doesn't match the arrogance he showed regarding the Bombers. 

Currently, it sure looks like he doesn't have to come to Winnipeg for his kicking career to die, he's doing that all by himself.

Billy Pavlopoulos  ~ Tim Hutchison ~ Brett Cameron ~ Lirim Hajrullahu

I'd bring one or all of these guys back to training camp next year ahead of Sean Whyte.

I don't trust the evaluation from our current crop of coaches on these guys.

Regarding Whyte, his kicking performance doesn't match the arrogance he showed regarding the Bombers. 

Currently, it sure looks like he doesn't have to come to Winnipeg for his kicking career to die, he's doing that all by himself.

I'd also add Brody McKnight ot the list of TC invites.

Whyte made some pretty negative remarks about playing here back when he was in BC.

Something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing): why would I want to go there .. it's where kickers and their careers go to die ..

Berry was the coach at the time who rode Westwood out of the league and almost did the the same to Serna, so his comment rings pretty true. He looked like a psych case on the sidelines after a bad kick. Add to it the fact that Canadinns had hard to predict wind and we really should have been a kickers last stop at that time.

Whyte made some pretty negative remarks about playing here back when he was in BC.

Something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing): why would I want to go there .. it's where kickers and their careers go to die ..

Berry was the coach at the time who rode Westwood out of the league and almost did the the same to Serna, so his comment rings pretty true. He looked like a psych case on the sidelines after a bad kick. Add to it the fact that Canadinns had hard to predict wind and we really should have been a kickers last stop at that time.

ahh yes cause Westwood wasn't a washed up old vet at that point and Serna wasn't a below average american kicker... 

ahh yes cause Westwood wasn't a washed up old vet at that point and Serna wasn't a below average american kicker... 

I hated Serna more than anybody but it didn't excuse Berry's actions. That's the guy he picked! My point is who would want to play in Canadinns for Berry? Not anybody with options.

I applaud Berry for doing that.  Bravo sir...bravo.

Obviously he knows nothing about Bob Cameron. He could have at least qualified his remark geez. I'd take him.