Offensive Line 2014

gbill2004

I think Wade miller likes Walters vision. Why else would the Acting CEO repeatedly declare that the Acting GM will be a big part of management no matter what happens. They will do an exhaustive GM search and then tell the prospective GM he doesn't get to choose his own staff?

One way or another Walters' vision is what upper management wants to see. Or more accurately perhaps, what Walters is doing reflects Millers vision and the vision miller will insist of whomever is the GM.

But I suspect Walters will be the GM with a strong support staff.

Wrong...what part of Walters is going to be a part of the organization means he is the GM. And here we go again, people inheriting other people's staff. Great track record with thatvplan.

Keeping Walters around could turn out to be a very good move...how is anyone to know that....unless you consider yourself a physic? 

Wrong...what part of Walters is going to be a part of the organization means he is the GM. And here we go again, people inheriting other people's staff. Great track record with thatvplan.

Keeping Walters around could turn out to be a very good move...how is anyone to know that....unless you consider yourself a physic?

cuz he is a doctor... duh.

tho, i think his ability as a doctor of anything is on par with Doctor Nick Riviera or Doctor Giggles..

If it was down to me, there are 4 guys who I'd want to interview:

Kyle Walters,

John Murphy,

Neil McEvoy (BC Lions AGM and Player Personnel Co-ordinator, been with them since 95),

Tom Higgins.

Of these guys, the only one who we know is interested in the job is Walters and the only one who has previous experience as a GM is Higgins. But I don't think we should hand out the job just for either of those reasons.

If it was down to me, there are 4 guys who I'd want to interview:

Kyle Walters,

John Murphy,

Neil McEvoy (BC Lions AGM and Player Personnel Co-ordinator, been with them since 95),

Tom Higgins.

Of these guys, the only one who we know is interested in the job is Walters and the only one who has previous experience as a GM is Higgins. But I don't think we should hand out the job just for either of those reasons.

Agreed, a legitimate search should be done for the GM position, heck it should be done for even the C.E.O position IMO.

I don't see McEvoy going anywhere though, IIRC an article or column piece I read stated that the reason he doesn't interview for gm positions is becuase he wants to stay with the Lions due to it being close to his home/family.

While I'd love to have Tom Higgins here, the Bombers should leave no stone unturned while looking for the next GM.

Bringing timmy back, that's funny.  A real joke.

Hate to say it but, they are still playing hard for him, just their mistakes holding them back now.

they never started playing hard for him. 

Playing hard and making plays are two different animals. Can't blame it all on the coaching, the players haven't delivered either when the opportunities have been there.

Have to clean house, coaches and players, the talent just isn't their to win on a consistent basis.

Bringing timmy back, that's funny.  A real joke.

Hate to say it but, they are still playing hard for him, just their mistakes holding them back now.

they never started playing hard for him. 

Playing hard and making plays are two different animals. Can't blame it all on the coaching, the players haven't delivered either when the opportunities have been there.

Have to clean house, coaches and players, the talent just isn't their to win on a consistent basis.

What I would say, is that the players never played for Burke and they've only started playing hard the last couple weeks cause they're trying to save their own jobs. I mean 52-0 in Burkes first outing as head coach... yeah the players never bought into him as head man. How many blowouts have there been since he got the job? Now finally with the end of the season in sight a lot of people have realized that if they don't show something they'll be out of a job and are actually giving a damn. 

Talent is not the big problem on this team, the worst coaching staff in ages is.