August 28, 20251 yr I was wondering what breakfast places to go to in the city are? I heard clementine is good and the pancake house. Any that you suggest that are local.
August 28, 20251 yr 31 minutes ago, Blue in the loops said: I was wondering what breakfast places to go to in the city are? I heard clementine is good and the pancake house. Any that you suggest that are local. I'm a bit of a breakfast aficionado... Stella's... Cafe Breakfast with the Wildberry jam on multi grain toast... Spectacular way to start a game day. Chicken Chef is wildly underrated. Wife and I love hitting the one in Dugald just east of the city. Pancake House on McGillvary isn't bad. There's a shop in The Forks Market (I'm blanking on the name) that specializes in breakfast and I really enjoyed it last time I was home. And yes, Clementine... Nationally famous small shop.
August 28, 20251 yr A couple of different options that I can add to Noeller's list are : Park Cafe at Assiniboine Park - It's affordable and if you get a window seat it's a real nice view. Prairie Edge at Kildonan Park - Sometimes hit and miss, but when it's on it's really good. Feast Cafe Bistro - Indigenous restaurant , I've been several times for breakfast and lunch and it's always top notch. Roasted Nomad on Marion - I have not been but my wife went with friends and they said it was amazing.
August 28, 20251 yr Falafel Place Salisbury House(say what you will but still a killer breakfast and cheap) Cora's OEB Breakfast Co Luda's Deli 12 hours ago, Noeller said: I'm a bit of a breakfast aficionado... Stella's... Cafe Breakfast with the Wildberry jam on multi grain toast... Spectacular way to start a game day. Chicken Chef is wildly underrated. Wife and I love hitting the one in Dugald just east of the city. Pancake House on McGillvary isn't bad. There's a shop in The Forks Market (I'm blanking on the name) that specializes in breakfast and I really enjoyed it last time I was home. And yes, Clementine... Nationally famous small shop. Danny's All Day Breakfast
August 28, 20251 yr Clementine's is just ok IMO. Tiny menu and too fancy schmancy for me. Always bonkers busy too. Edited August 28, 20251 yr by Bubba Zanetti
August 28, 20251 yr 13 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said: Clementine's is just ok IMO. Tiny menu and too fancy schmancy for me. Always bonkers busy too. I haven't been, but absolutely knew this was going to be the case. It's just "that type" of place. I can't believe I forgot Sals in my initial list. The one on Pembina, in particular, (with all the music memorabilia) is a great breakfast spot. Probably my #3 behind Stella's and Chicken Chef Dugald...
August 28, 20251 yr 5 minutes ago, Noeller said: I haven't been, but absolutely knew this was going to be the case. It's just "that type" of place. I can't believe I forgot Sals in my initial list. The one on Pembina, in particular, (with all the music memorabilia) is a great breakfast spot. Probably my #3 behind Stella's and Chicken Chef Dugald... Ill always love Sals. I dont care what anyone says. Still a great and cheap breakfast spot. Probably still my favorite pancakes in the city and their cinnamon buns are awesome aswell. Burgers are great too. Love them Nip's!
August 28, 20251 yr well I have since tried Stacked on McPhillips I should try their lunch menu one day I need to remind myself that sometimes it's not worth it to bring over easy eggs all the way home because those puncture easily
August 28, 20251 yr Smitty's is just okay .. we used to go there for all you can eat breakfast buffet when really hung over. It was a good time.
August 28, 20251 yr Headingly Grill, I like a simple breakfast eggs, bacon, sausage, shredded or home style hash browns and toast.
August 28, 20251 yr 26 minutes ago, Jpan85 said: Headingly Grill, I like a simple breakfast eggs, bacon, sausage, shredded or home style hash browns and toast. Hey ,forgot about that, Or even Nicks ,right beside it.
August 28, 20251 yr Nick's is awesome... Totally forgot about that. Small place and cash only last time I was there... But it's a very uniquely Manitoba tradition.
August 28, 20251 yr Minimum 2 eggs scrambled (real eggs, not some fabricated nonsense), sausage, real hash browns (actual potatoes diced and seasoned), and buttered multi grain toast... Bonus points for as many locally sourced products as possible... I'll pay ~$20 for that no problem... Edited August 28, 20251 yr by Noeller
August 29, 20251 yr If I say then you'll all go and I won't get a table. I will say that Stellas is still ok but absolutely declining in quality.
August 29, 20251 yr Sleeper spot - Dawnings on West Portage. While I haven’t been in a long time one of the best non-fancy breakfasts you can find.
August 16Aug 16 Author One place I really liked when I was in St Boniface was seine river Cafe! Really good french toast!
August 16Aug 16 Been meaning to drop this in here.... Best breakfast I had while home on holidays in July: The Park Cafe at Assiniboine Park. They actually bring you a mini carafe of coffee and leave it on the table. 10/10, no notes.
August 16Aug 16 3 hours ago, Noeller said:Been meaning to drop this in here.... Best breakfast I had while home on holidays in July: The Park Cafe at Assiniboine Park. They actually bring you a mini carafe of coffee and leave it on the table. 10/10, no notes.Leaving carafe of table is always a win.
I was wondering what breakfast places to go to in the city are? I heard clementine is good and the pancake house. Any that you suggest that are local.