2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

He was not good. Team was bad in front of him but, once he gets into the playoffs, he's not the same goaltender. 

If Stuart Skinner is getting thrown under the bus for his play, Helle deserves equal or more. Sorry.

From the Hockey News:

“[Bennett] plays hard. He’s an extremely physical player, great player for the group. I think he got away with a shot, but I’m not going to complain," Marchand said on Thursday. "[Stuff] happens, that’s part of, especially, playoff hockey. I’ve been on the other side of a lot of plays, and I think he got away with one, but that’s part of the game.”

Based on BM's specific style of play, he's lucky he hasn't been stretchered off.

He's the perfect example of what Ref's need to call more often to lessen the retaliatory infractions to help lessen the violence that can cause serious injury, not only to the player that did the original deed, but to other players who pay the price of their teammates instigation style of play. 

oh look the pattern is broken (in the last few playoff appearances for the Jets it seems whoever takes out the Jets ends up in the Stanley cup finals.....not this year) oh yeah and the Bruins are out too.....I want a Vancouver/Florida finals

GN10OuOa4AAdbWF?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by iHeart

Dallas New York is I’m sure what nhl hoping for. Canucks run will end in Dallas tho. They are a wagon. 

beat defending cup champs Vegas rd 1 

beat cup champs 2 seasons ago Colorado in rd 2. 

They deserve to win. I’m actually cheering for them but not really watching like I would be if jets involved. 

Edited by Goalie