Game 73 : Things Are Tough All Over

What’s that saying?
It’s not how you start it’s how you finish.
Well let’s hope they somehow finish strong the last couple of games of the season heading into the playoffs cuz that ‘here we go again’ feeling is rearing its ugly head once again. 
I sense an only players meeting soon.

Yeah, this season is the last one I will be suckered into thinking this team is for real in the first half. Since the 2017-2018 season, every promising season thereafter has followed the same pattern. This team folds when the games get real. We have had a ton of turnover since then, so maybe we just aren't bringing in the right kind of players?

26 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Yeah, this season is the last one I will be suckered into thinking this team is for real in the first half. Since the 2017-2018 season, every promising season thereafter has followed the same pattern. This team folds when the games get real. We have had a ton of turnover since then, so maybe we just aren't bringing in the right kind of players?

Unfortunately I don't have that skill. I will continue to get my hopes up followed by the 'next year is our year' statement. Rinse repeat.

Sort of the Charlie Brown and Lucy thing. :)

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Unfortunately I don't have that skill. I will continue to get my hopes up followed by the 'next year is our year' statement. Rinse repeat.

The lot of the true sports fan 😊

Our “other team’s cast offs” have played pretty well this year (and last year as well). It still seems that draft and development and high end trade or FA’s produce the best results however. An  argument can be made that that is exactly what the Jets have tried to do. Perhaps the signings or traded players aren’t as good as advertised? Also, are our top guys really as good as we’ve been told? Do top players wilt at pressure times, missing open nets or passing to nowhere and allowing the other team possession to score the winner in OT?There’s still some time left, but it remains to be seen what we actually are (including coaching quality as well) …

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

yes, it took 29 years of this for me to be rewarded with the Bombers, now I'm on year 45 with the Jets lol....

26 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Amazing the difference 1 player makes.   Villardi has been sorely missed!

Keep in mind they are practicing against our pk. 

Connor Scheifele Vilardi did nothing when they were together. Ehlers Scheifele Vilardi was a top 5 in the league line. Until Connor is off the top line and accountability isn’t just a thing with 3 players on the 4th line, absolutely nothing changes. Nothing. 

Edited by Goalie