Game 58: @ the Dead Kennedys (too soon?)

Jets projected lineup

Kyle Connor -- Mark Scheifele -- Gabriel Vilardi

Nikolaj Ehlers -- Sean Monahan -- Alex Iafallo

Nino Niederreiter -- Adam Lowry -- Mason Appleton

Morgan Barron -- Vladislav Namestnikov -- Cole Perfetti

Josh Morrissey -- Dylan DeMelo

Brenden Dillon -- Neal Pionk

Dylan Samberg -- Nate Schmidt

Connor Hellebuyck

Laurent Brossoit

Scratched: Rasmus Kupari, Logan Stanley, David Gustafsson

Injured: None

Stars projected lineup

Jason Robertson -- Roope Hintz -- Joe Pavelski

Mason Marchment -- Matt Duchene -- Sam Steel

Jamie Benn -- Wyatt Johnston -- Logan Stankoven

Ty Dellandrea -- Radek Faksa -- Craig Smith

Thomas Harley -- Miro Heiskanen

Ryan Suter -- Esa Lindell

Derrick Pouliot -- Nils Lundkvist

Jake Oettinger

Scott Wedgewood

Scratched: Joel Hanley

Injured: Jani Hakanpaa (upper body), Evgenii Dadonov (lower-body fracture), Tyler Seguin (lower body)

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Chris Tanev sorting out immigration issues so not available tonight. 

Good. Dallas owns the Jets so tanev not being available yet helps I liked tanev more 5 years ago. 10 years ago even. More. Did he not play for the moose? Vancouver’s farm team. So he’s been around a while. Veteran for sure. 
 We  stylistically don’t match well against Dallas for some reason tho. 

Dead Kennedys a solid punk band tho so not too soon at all. 

Posted (edited)

Dallas and Philadelphia have been the two clubs that have beaten the Jets at their own game this year with aggressive forecheck, low danger chance defence, great goaltending, and just enough opportunistic offence. Those teams are the ones I’d want to avoid in the playoffs. Curious to see tonight how each team’s game has evolved since their last meeting in November 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Good. Dallas owns the Jets so tanev not being available yet helps I liked tanev more 5 years ago. 10 years ago even. More. Did he not play for the moose? Vancouver’s farm team. So he’s been around a while. Veteran for sure. 
 We  stylistically don’t match well against Dallas for some reason tho. 

Dead Kennedys a solid punk band tho so not too soon at all. 

Deleted

Edited by SpeedFlex27

28 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Every once in a while, I like to gauge the intelligence level of the posters with an esoteric title to see how they respond. Thankfully, I won’t have to resort to knock knock jokes for the rest of the thread. Lol. 

Yeah, let's make fun of JFK getting the back of his head blown off with his brain matter & shattered skull covering his horrified wife. Well done.... wisers-slow-clap.gif

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Yikes.Kyle Connor just not giving a **** about D play at all. 2 0 Dallas. Should be more. Jets getting owned. 

If Jets need to beat Dallas in the playoffs it ain’t happening. 3 0. 

Helle getting zero help. Jets looking like huge pretenders 

every Dallas shot is from 10 feet away or some deflection 

Jets just getting owned  

Dallas is our Daddy  

Edited by Goalie

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Wonder if Rutger signs and Perfetti is replaced with Iafallo and you get Rutger Monahan Ehlers.  

that would be sick. 

I wonder if Perfetti got credited with an assist on Dallas' first goal since they scored three seconds after he handed them the puck.

I suppose the silver lining to the loss is the fact that we still have four games in hand on Dallas, but it would've been far better to be two point up on them instead of two points behind.

12 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Why can't we beat Dallas?

They match up well against our style, and we have never beaten Jake Oettinger in regulation. Funny thing is Dallas can’t beat Colorado, who we have not lost to yet. Whoever gets first place in the division has a big advantage not having to play the other two in the first round (unless of course Edmonton slips back to the wildcard spot and becomes a super dangerous 7 seed). Best case scenario is Jets win the division and face Nashville or even better St. Louis, next best is face LA, third best is finish second in the Central but draw Colorado in Round 1 and hope Dallas gets upset by the wild card team.